If you button the top button, you're either way cooler than I am or way less cool (hint: it's the second one). If you unbutton more than the top two buttons, you're Magnum PI.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 1:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1503post #22531 of 331427/2/13 at 7:26pmpost #22532 of 331427/2/13 at 7:50pmpost #22533 of 331427/2/13 at 8:41pmpost #22534 of 331427/2/13 at 8:42pmpost #22535 of 331427/2/13 at 8:44pmpost #22536 of 331427/2/13 at 8:47pmI am going on a date and was planning to wear heather gray shawl collar cardigan with a white button down underneath. I would also wear this bow tie: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005HWKE48/ref=mw_dp_img?is=l
What pants and shoes should I wear? Thank youpost #22537 of 331427/2/13 at 8:50pmIQuote:Originally Posted by seersuckersuit
I am going on a date and was planning to wear heather gray shawl collar cardigan with a white button down underneath. I would also wear this bow tie: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005HWKE48/ref=mw_dp_img?is=l
What pants and shoes should I wear? Thank you
I can picture this with some dark raw denim and tan or walnut dress shoes.
I think a better suggestion could be made if you told us what you've got.post #22538 of 331427/2/13 at 8:52pmpost #22539 of 331427/2/13 at 9:17pmpost #22540 of 331427/3/13 at 2:46am
George Cleverley RTW and Gives & Hawkes of Savile Row have both have their shoes made by C&J, in the past and currently, to my knowledge.post #22541 of 331427/3/13 at 2:57am
So, I bought this funky 3p suit at this years sale here in Tokyo, and trying to decide if it's worth keeping. Sorry for horrible photos, but my camera rig is out of order at the moment.
As you can see, the button stance is incredibly low, and there is some rather funky pulling around the button.
Almost looks better unbuttoned.
And since it comes with the DB vest, I can live with not buttoning the coat.
Too much pulling around the midsection? I'm a 70cm waist and I've really ever experienced a jacket tight in the waist, so I can't really tell if that's the case.
Tie is a horrible match, I know. Price was about 25.000 yen (250 USD). I have no real practical use for it, except to wear for festivities. Maybe the coat can pressed into service as occasional odd jacket.
Keep it? Return it?
post #22542 of 331427/3/13 at 3:14am
I want to buy my first Clarks' Desert Boots. I'm wondering what colour I should get out of the following: http://www.clarks.com.au/originals/desertboot-mens-44575.html#80=3776&142=3761. Note I'm purchasing from the Australian site so they don't have Beeswax. The sizes in Ambergold are running out quick so I assume they're the most popular ones but I've read a few threads that suggested the Sand Suede. I will mainly be wearing these at uni with dark indigo or burgundy jeans as well as some cotton trousers in grey, black, tan and camel (think these are called chinos?)
Suggestions?post #22543 of 331427/3/13 at 3:56ampost #22544 of 331427/3/13 at 3:57ampost #22545 of 331427/3/13 at 4:04amQuote:
It is too tight in the waist, hence the pulling at the buttoning point, but it's damn pretty, so I'd be loathe to let it go. I'd have a tailor let the waist out an inch or so and see what happens. Or try moving the button over a little too, that would be less invasive.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 14 seconds ago
- › The Proper Kit Trunk Show, Saturday, Nov 5, New York, by Styleforum... 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Weekender chukka copper 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply Navy Traveler Jacket 36S 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...