Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 12/22/14 at 6:31pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1498post #22456 of 294296/27/13 at 12:50pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22457 of 294296/27/13 at 12:52pmpost #22458 of 294296/27/13 at 12:55pmpost #22459 of 294296/27/13 at 12:56pmpost #22460 of 294296/27/13 at 1:01pmpost #22461 of 294296/27/13 at 1:02pm
Thx. Probably a much better idea
Lmao. Can't wait to post more pics in the future
Thanks!Quote:Originally Posted by mrjester
Looks like an orphaned jacket. I'd return it and get something elsewhere. A navy blazer is a great choice. I skipped the navy and got a blue houndstooth linen as my first jacket. I now have a navy blazer and will be ordering another one with possibly the exact same fabric shortly, just a different style.
Grey is not a versatile jacket color compared to brown or navy.
And what size is that?
Navy pants are frowned upon but it doesn't mean to never do it. Black pants are frowned upon and you should never do it. You can wear your many greys with a navy blazer.
It's a 38S. What makes you ask?
Thanks for the detailed reply, I really appreciate it. I've been trying to find a navy one for a while now, but its been eluding me...that probably contributed to impulsively buying this jacket :ppost #22462 of 294296/27/13 at 1:02pmQuote:
Maybe it's peer(coworkers) pressure but everyone wears white shirts or blue. As for the collars, I really am clueless when it comes to collars. FMLpost #22463 of 294296/27/13 at 1:04pmpost #22464 of 294296/27/13 at 1:08pmQuote:
Yes, I'll start experimenting with different shirts.
I am like...in the center of the Capitol Hill in DC, so I don't know if I can wear fancy colored and patterned shirts.post #22465 of 294296/27/13 at 1:10pmpost #22466 of 294296/27/13 at 1:13pmQuote:
Just wondering. What's your budget? Maybe we can find you a jacket somewhere.
I bought a jacket at the Rack for $600 one time. Returned it and got a different one online that fit much much much better, for cheaper. Now I have two. Soon three. All cheaper than the rack. And better.post #22467 of 294296/27/13 at 1:14pm
Boring but tasteful. Blue tie, blue suit, a blue shirt might actually be a bit much. But I'd still rather see one, with a burgundy or brown tie perhaps. And a more spread collar, maybe. However, SF pettiness aside, you look put together and professional. Be happy.Quote:
All of the comments so far make sense. Also, the shape is weird; it looks like it's been shortened; something is wrong with the proportions. Presumably why it's no longer living with its accompanying trousers. Find a suit. That fits. And don't worry too much about the label.Quote:
What was the question?post #22468 of 294296/27/13 at 1:23pmpost #22469 of 294296/27/13 at 1:24pmQuote:
I made the cut?! Did I? Oh I am so happy! Tears are dripping down my face as I read your feedback.
Okay, all jokes aside, yes I intentionally kept it "conservative." I will retry with a pale blue shirt. I am definitely getting a burgundy next time I go shopping.
EDIT: I misread and skipped the words, "a blue shirt might actually be a bit much."
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cutaway Collars with HEIGHT 19 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 23 minutes ago
- › The End-of-the-Year Friday Challenge: Best Celebratory Fit 45 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 49 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 49 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 53 minutes ago
- › Cordovan Crockett and Jones for Ralph Lauren Prescott US11/UK10 58 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 58 minutes ago
- › "MEN OF THE CLOTH" - Documentary on Italian Master Tailors has New... 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...