or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1498

post #22456 of 30357
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

My post got buried by that awful jacket. FML
Compliment fisher. Lol

The fit looks superb to me. The only thing would be the white shirt and collar on it. I seem to have an issue with incredibly pointed collars. Have you tried spread?
post #22457 of 30357
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post


I had a question go totally unanswered because people were talking about using talcum powder on the inside of a shoe to make it stop squeaking,

If that makes you feel any better... haha

sigh, I feel a little better now...

post #22458 of 30357
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

I'd save the money and just get a nice suit.

 

Thx. Probably a much better idea

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by donjuan17 View Post

Also, that jacket looks awful.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Well there is that.

 

Lmao. Can't wait to post more pics in the future

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by donjuan17 View Post

Here ya go buddy.

 

Thanks! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Looks like an orphaned jacket. I'd return it and get something elsewhere. A navy blazer is a great choice. I skipped the navy and got a blue houndstooth linen as my first jacket. I now have a navy blazer and will be ordering another one with possibly the exact same fabric shortly, just a different style.

 

Grey is not a versatile jacket color compared to brown or navy.

 

And what size is that?

 

Navy pants are frowned upon but it doesn't mean to never do it. Black pants are frowned upon and you should never do it. You can wear your many greys with a navy blazer.

 

It's a 38S. What makes you ask?

 

Thanks for the detailed reply, I really appreciate it. I've been trying to find a navy one for a while now, but its been eluding me...that probably contributed to impulsively buying this jacket :p

post #22459 of 30357
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan17 View Post


Compliment fisher. Lol

The fit looks superb to me. The only thing would be the white shirt and collar on it. I seem to have an issue with incredibly pointed collars. Have you tried spread?

Maybe it's peer(coworkers) pressure but everyone wears white shirts or blue. As for the collars, I really am clueless when it comes to collars. FML

post #22460 of 30357
Try a semi-spread collar. You may end up experimenting from there if you do MTM shirting but semi-spread is a good starting point.

You're in DC... do you have a govt. job? White or light blue shirts only would make a lot of sense.
post #22461 of 30357
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post

Try a semi-spread collar. You may end up experimenting from there if you do MTM shirting but semi-spread is a good starting point.

You're in DC... do you have a govt. job? White or light blue shirts only would make a lot of sense.

Yes, I'll start experimenting with different shirts. 

I am like...in the center of the Capitol Hill in DC, so I don't know if I can wear fancy colored and patterned shirts.

post #22462 of 30357
Yeah, man. I'd just play it safe at work if doing otherwise will make you stick out like a sore thumb. Not worth the BS that can happen sometimes.
post #22463 of 30357
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitIs View Post

It's a 38S. What makes you ask?

 

Thanks for the detailed reply, I really appreciate it. I've been trying to find a navy one for a while now, but its been eluding me...that probably contributed to impulsively buying this jacket :p

Just wondering. What's your budget? Maybe we can find you a jacket somewhere.

 

I bought a jacket at the Rack for $600 one time. Returned it and got a different one online that fit much much much better, for cheaper. Now I have two. Soon three. All cheaper than the rack. And better.

post #22464 of 30357

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

Constructive criticism is welcomed...Mimo or Michael.

....I am gonna get crucified ...$#!T

 

 

Boring but tasteful.  Blue tie, blue suit, a blue shirt might actually be a bit much.  But I'd still rather see one, with a burgundy or brown tie perhaps.  And a more spread collar, maybe.  However, SF pettiness aside, you look put together and professional.  Be happy.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitIs View Post

Hi all, this is my first post after tons of lurking trying to get myself educated - this forum has been a huge help!

 

 

 

All of the comments so far make sense.  Also, the shape is weird; it looks like it's been shortened; something is wrong with the proportions.  Presumably why it's no longer living with its accompanying trousers.  Find a suit.  That fits.  And don't worry too much about the label.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post


I had a question go totally unanswered because people were talking about using talcum powder on the inside of a shoe to make it stop squeaking,

If that makes you feel any better... haha

 

What was the question?

post #22465 of 30357
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

 

Boring but tasteful.  Blue tie, blue suit, a blue shirt might actually be a bit much.  But I'd still rather see one, with a burgundy or brown tie perhaps.  And a more spread collar, maybe.  However, SF pettiness aside, you look put together and professional.  Be happy.

 

post #22466 of 30357
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

 

Boring but tasteful.  Blue tie, blue suit, a blue shirt might actually be a bit much.  But I'd still rather see one, with a burgundy or brown tie perhaps.  And a more spread collar, maybe.  However, SF pettiness aside, you look put together and professional.  Be happy.

 

I made the cut?! Did I? Oh I am so happy! Tears are dripping down my face as I read your feedback.

Okay, all jokes aside, yes I intentionally kept it "conservative." I will retry with a pale blue shirt. I am definitely getting a burgundy next time I go shopping.  

 

EDIT: I misread and skipped the words, "a blue shirt might actually be a bit much." 

post #22467 of 30357

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLUE!BLUE!BLUE!BLUE!BLUE!BLUE!BLUE!BLUE!BLUE!BLUE!BLUE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

post #22468 of 30357
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

What was the question?

A pretty boring one that I think I've mostly managed to answer myself, but it was centered around asking what types of pants should be worn with a linen jacket because I'm getting a navy one and also a patterned one for the hot weather.

I was wondering if linen on linen, and not as a suit, would be too much.

I've gotten so used to the idea of always trying to make sure the sports coat is darker than the pants that I'm having a hard time looking at light colored summer jackets and thinking up ways to pair them.
post #22469 of 30357
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Just wondering. What's your budget? Maybe we can find you a jacket somewhere.

 

I bought a jacket at the Rack for $600 one time. Returned it and got a different one online that fit much much much better, for cheaper. Now I have two. Soon three. All cheaper than the rack. And better.

 

 

Somewhere between 200-400 for the blazer. For suits, 300-500 or so. I have a charcoal Joseph Abboud that I bought when I had even less knowledge, also from the Rack. I'll take some pics of it and put them here to get some feedback on the fit.

 

I like the Rack since its close to my budget and easy to get to, but I'm very open to trying other places. I was thinking of heading to some factory/outlet stores (I live close to LA) to get some more essentials. Also waiting on Nordstrom's july sale and keeping my eyes open for others like Nieman Marcus last call. There's just so much to learn at once!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

 

All of the comments so far make sense.  Also, the shape is weird; it looks like it's been shortened; something is wrong with the proportions.  Presumably why it's no longer living with its accompanying trousers.  Find a suit.  That fits.  And don't worry too much about the label.

 

 

That makes sense. I'll keep looking - I'm doing my best to get properly fitted stuff! 

post #22470 of 30357
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitIs View Post

 

 

Somewhere between 200-400 for the blazer. For suits, 300-500 or so. I have a charcoal Joseph Abboud that I bought when I had even less knowledge, also from the Rack. I'll take some pics of it and put them here to get some feedback on the fit.

 

I like the Rack since its close to my budget and easy to get to, but I'm very open to trying other places. I was thinking of heading to some factory/outlet stores (I live close to LA) to get some more essentials. Also waiting on Nordstrom's july sale and keeping my eyes open for others like Nieman Marcus last call. There's just so much to learn at once!

 

 

 

That makes sense. I'll keep looking - I'm doing my best to get properly fitted stuff! 

Mino pointed out why I asked the size. It looked like a 44S or something, probably because it was shortened.

 

http://us.suitsupply.com/jackets/jacket-navy-plain-havana-c540e/C540E,en_US,pd.html?start=12&cgid=Jackets&prefn1=color&prefv1=Blue

 

This may be a good first buy. It's got patch pockets (which I love) if you like them. They sell your size and you can return it, so if it doesn't fit, there's no skin off your back. I believe return shipping is free.

 

Don't get peak lapels. Not for your only jacket.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)