Any suggestions on good value linen shirts for summer? Looking primarily for white shirts, but not too see-through
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 7:25 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1495
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22412 of 321806/25/13 at 8:04pmpost #22413 of 321806/25/13 at 8:16pmpost #22414 of 321806/25/13 at 9:03pmQuote:
These are called 'creases', and they are ironed into the pants to give them more shape and a slight air of formal. One trick I've recently discovered is that pairing creased pants with decidedly casual tops (white t-shirt) and casual-leaning shoes (desert boots, mocs) lends a certain dimension to the look.post #22415 of 321806/25/13 at 9:15pm
New to this site, so excuse any ignorance I might display. Got this jacket on ebay for 60AUD, Canali, just wondering what you all think of the fit? I like the fit, but I'm sure it could be tweaked - maybe a tiny bit shorter in the sleeves? Also, the shoulders extend past my shoulders by about the 3/4 of an inch...Is it noticeable? This seems like, due to the fact that it's such a small amount, a tailor could take it in at the seam on the back? Again, excuse my lack of technical know how etc if I am incorrect and I'm sure I haven't used the correct terms. Also, the jacket seems to drape strangely in this pic; I believe it's due to what I'm wearing (on a break from work where I often have to do heavy lifting); a thick flannel shirt. I don't know why it's pulling where I have buttoned it up as it usually hasn't done this. Of course I would wear it with more appropriate clothes! Also, my poses look a bit awkward which I think contributed to the ugly creases, which as I said, I haven't noticed before.
Also, any tips on what would look good with this jacket? Cheers!
post #22416 of 321806/26/13 at 12:31am
^Altering shoulder width is very difficult. The back picture is odd, as there seems to be an almost feminine amount of waist suppression but drape that suggests the jacket is too big. I'd suggest posting in the tailor thread (following the directions in the first post) with a proper shirt and stance, and people much more qualified will chime in on the fit and how to address them.post #22417 of 321806/26/13 at 12:31ampost #22418 of 321806/26/13 at 3:05amQuote:Originally Posted by cptjeff
That is called a "crease". It is what happens when you iron your pants properly.
And those are not particularly formal pants. They are chinos (also known as khakis), which are, in the realm of menswear, fairly casual. Actually, they're at about the same level of formality as an OCBD or a pair of penny loafers, so you're good.
I wasn't sure if those were pleats or not. What's the difference between creases and pleats actually?post #22419 of 321806/26/13 at 3:39ampost #22420 of 321806/26/13 at 10:19amI'm looking to get my first pair of penny loafers for the summer and would love some input on nice, sleek (non-beefroll or moc style) brown (calf or suede) loafers in the $500ish range (cheaper is good, too!) to wear "sockless" with SC and odd trousers mostly.
Right now I'm looking at these three:
Crockett & Jones Sydney
Kent Wang Handgrade (Ilcea Radica "museum calf")
Wildsmith Bloomsbury (at Leffot)
Is any one of these three considerably better than the others (or am I missing an obvious alternative style/brand)?
Thanks!post #22421 of 321806/26/13 at 10:32ampost #22422 of 321806/26/13 at 10:35ampost #22423 of 321806/26/13 at 10:35ampost #22424 of 321806/26/13 at 11:04ampost #22425 of 321806/26/13 at 11:33am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 29 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Los Angeles - Tuxedo Shopping 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...