or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1489

post #22321 of 30353

Hello, I was wondering about suit fabrics. I'm sure the information I'm looking for is somewhere on SF, but haven't been quite able to find it. With regards to quality, durability, wrinkle resistance, and breathability, is Zegna worth it, over Lesser, Dugdale, etc? Where does VBC stand in this?

post #22322 of 30353

Hi,

 

I wonder if anyone could please give me a little info about the Levi Strauss clothing label pictured below?

 

I've never seen one like it before. Was it for a special range of clothing or something similar?

 

Thanks in advance,

 

G.

 

post #22323 of 30353

Should I go with a solid navy blue tie with this shirt? or what colour? I am so confused! I hate this TIE!!!! DIE!!!!

 

post #22324 of 30353
Solid navy, or a subtle navy patterned tie should go well with the shirt.
post #22325 of 30353
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Solid navy, or a subtle navy patterned tie should go well with the shirt.

Oh yeah~ I can breath now. Thanks!

post #22326 of 30353
Much much better.
post #22327 of 30353

Don't hate the tie, hate the shirt.

 

I think it has far too much going on for a dress shirt.  Whereas either of those ties would work beautifully with, say, a white or light blue solid, or a navy bengal stripe, and many more.  

 

The shirt could be worn casually, probably with no tie, or with a knitted plain one, jacket and jeans.  Or, alternatively, it could just be burned and written off as experience.  I think that might be my vote, but then it's not my shirt. ;)

post #22328 of 30353
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Don't hate the tie, hate the shirt.

 

I think it has far too much going on for a dress shirt.  Whereas either of those ties would work beautifully with, say, a white or light blue solid, or a navy bengal stripe, and many more.  

 

The shirt could be worn casually, probably with no tie, or with a knitted plain one, jacket and jeans.  Or, alternatively, it could just be burned and written off as experience.  I think that might be my vote, but then it's not my shirt. ;)

Ah~ Here is the historical account of this shirt.

I bought this shirt when I was working at a business casual work place so the shirt could be worn with a pair of black slacks with no prob.

Now, I work at a suit and tie only work place and thought I mix this shirt into my rotation. Also, I cannot burn a shirt that I dropped three benjies on (IDIOT). It's Zegna and I liked it so I just laid down.

post #22329 of 30353
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Don't hate the tie, hate the shirt.

I think it has far too much going on for a dress shirt.  Whereas either of those ties would work beautifully with, say, a white or light blue solid, or a navy bengal stripe, and many more.  

The shirt could be worn casually, probably with no tie, or with a knitted plain one, jacket and jeans.  Or, alternatively, it could just be burned and written off as experience.  I think that might be my vote, but then it's not my shirt. wink.gif
Agree with you that the shirt is the problem as far as dress shirts go. Would work OK with business casual, but that would still be pushing it.
post #22330 of 30353
I'm getting a plain white shirt from ModernTailor but I'm not sure which collar I should go with.
I have an average to long face and my neck is 15 cm. This white shirt will mainly be for job interviews (in Australia) but I'd also like to wear it unbuttoned occasionally if possible.

Should I go with a medium cutaway?
post #22331 of 30353
The shirt's fine; just keep the tie solid navy or with a subtle pattern.
post #22332 of 30353
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

Ah~ Here is the historical account of this shirt.

I bought this shirt when I was working at a business casual work place so the shirt could be worn with a pair of black slacks with no prob.

Now, I work at a suit and tie only work place and thought I mix this shirt into my rotation. Also, I cannot burn a shirt that I dropped three benjies on (IDIOT). It's Zegna and I liked it so I just laid down.

 

Keep it for casual if you can't bring yourself to burn it.  Or there is always charity.  In extremis, keep it for casual!  But either way, the lesson learned is "don't ever buy the label".

post #22333 of 30353
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

 

Keep it for casual if you can't bring yourself to burn it.  Or there is always charity.  In extremis, keep it for casual!  But either way, the lesson learned is "don't ever buy the label".

YES! I am a homer for labels! Okay, so the shirt cannot be worn with navy blue suit? I think I can make it work but I agree that it just has too much crap going on in the patterns. LML

post #22334 of 30353

Used Allen Edmonds seconds for $160. I really want to pull the trigger but I don't have a chance to try them on. I can always sell them, right?

 

post #22335 of 30353
Seems high for used seconds. I usually see things like that go for closer to $100-$125 on eBay.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)