In suit pants, they put a piece of tape in the pockets. It's like burlap or like the material the bags that onions come in the grocery store are made of. Does anyone know what this is for?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 5:07 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 1:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 6:51 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1479
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22172 of 310706/12/13 at 8:25am
I don't remember, asked the KW crew (since it's a KW sport coat). I also posted some pics in the tailor fit/feedback.. here they are for this thread too. You probably still need to know how many seams.
This is my jacket. Asked for .5" but he marked more like 1.25"
This is another dudes jacket, just marked it to show the seams he marked.post #22173 of 310706/12/13 at 9:10am
Right, and doesn't the only other seam go right through your pocket? Seems to me he's marked the right one for a small adjustment.
Doesn't look like it needs to be any smaller to me, but I'll defer to the tailors. I'd also suggest you always "model" with a shirt, tie and proper trousers, to get a better idea how it's fitting. Unless you normally wear it with your car-repair attire. ;)post #22174 of 310706/12/13 at 9:12am
You're probably right. I just wasn't sure if they would adjust the pocket one or not.
I feel like calling them and telling them to just do .5" total or something. They said "We can't do much" then the old foreign fellow marked quite a bit more. He didn't even put pins in, just pinched and marked. I would have asked for pins but we got in an argument about keeping the pick stitching or not. He said, "Really? It's a pain in the ass, dude.." and we were discussing it for a while that I just took the jacket off without thinking to ask them to put the pins in.
edit:Just called and asked them to change it to .25" on each seam, they complied. Cool cool.post #22175 of 310706/12/13 at 9:14ampost #22176 of 310706/12/13 at 9:28ampost #22177 of 310706/12/13 at 9:46ampost #22178 of 310706/12/13 at 9:58amQuote:
if its a real pesticide then clean it?
if its just a strong smell let it air out for a week or 2?post #22179 of 310706/12/13 at 10:01amQuote:
It's just that strong odor that you would smell if you were to visit a garment factory. I don't know if it's "real pesticide", but i'll been airing it out for 2-weeks without no avail.post #22180 of 310706/12/13 at 10:15amQuote:Excessive dry cleaning can be detrimental to a garment. It's good that people have begun to understand this.
But when this understanding gives rise to an unreasonable and exaggerated fear of subjecting clothing to any dry cleaning, it stops being a good thing. Infrequent dry cleaning, particularly when done properly, by a quality cleaner, is not some horrible thing which must be avoided at all costs. To adopt such an attitude is as bad, in its own way, as being blind to the consequences of unnecessary dry cleaning.
You have a garment which is in need of cleaning. It is dry clean only. So have it dry cleaned.
(Excessive consumption of cake is detrimental to my health. This does not mean that if I attend one or two birthday parties a year, and have a few bites of birthday cake, that I am doomed to suffer obesity and diabetes. Not all behaviors which are ill advised when done to excess are necessarily cause for much concern when engaged in in great moderation.)post #22181 of 310706/12/13 at 10:58am
So, I just received my sports coat from Suit Supply, which also is my first sport coat ever. I'm just 18, so I have a long way to go.
I know that I need to shorten my sleeves, but not how much. I am also not sure about the length, is the jacket too long? Is there anything else I need to fix, or should I return the jacket because it's too big?
(I copied this from the tailor fit & feedback thread, because I'm in a hurry)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #22182 of 310706/12/13 at 11:22ampost #22183 of 310706/12/13 at 3:34pmpost #22184 of 310706/12/13 at 3:39pmpost #22185 of 310706/12/13 at 3:39pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 45 seconds ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...