or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1471

post #22051 of 33186
Quick question:

I'm new at selling, and I was wondering if it's OK to send an item internationally but the buyer wants sent as gift with priced below what he paid for. He paid $215 and he wants it packaged as $50 gift.

Would there any problem later if something goes wrong?

Thanks in advance
post #22052 of 33186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

I'm selling a 7-fold navy grenadine, link in sig, if you're interested shoot me a PM

Dude

 

Why are you selling so much awesomeness?

post #22053 of 33186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namelesshan View Post

Quick question:

I'm new at selling, and I was wondering if it's OK to send an item internationally but the buyer wants sent as gift with priced below what he paid for. He paid $215 and he wants it packaged as $50 gift.

Would there any problem later if something goes wrong?

Thanks in advance

If the package gets lost and you have to file for insurance, then you can only claim for how much it is declared.
post #22054 of 33186

FYI - Ralph Lauren Black Label suits are on sale, although the sale probably won't be providing enough discount for a stereotypical SF member. I wonder why their solid color suits never go on sale, the Anthony Solid suits.

post #22055 of 33186

I have the suit, not the exact one, but one that is very similar and I am now looking for a tie that is similar. Would this tie do???

post #22056 of 33186

Is it for Halloween?

post #22057 of 33186
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Is it for Halloween?

LOL - I just happened to have the suit and was having trouble finding a freaking tie to go along and then I came upon this pic

post #22058 of 33186
Since I'm in Singapore, and have access to the following:

- Ed Et Al
- Loake 1880 from Plal

Which is the better bang for buck?

Is Loding another feasible option?
post #22059 of 33186

Rudals: no, it's fucking horrible.  Try something in burgundy for style, or navy for safety.  And don't ever carry your HK like that; you'll either fire it accidentally or drop it - probably both, which will make you look a dick whatever tie you're wearing.

 

Flame: if you're in the world, you have access to a thousand shoe choices.  There are plenty who ship to Singapore too.  I would look at it the other way around: how much money do you have => what style, colour and specification do you like => who sells such a thing at such a price in Singapore => and if they don't where else is there?  Let's work through it logically.  Although I'd love an opinion on Ed et Al.  I like what they're doing, although personally discouraged by the absence of half sizes.  Their bespoke is insanely cheap though; if I were there, I would save enough to try it.

post #22060 of 33186
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Rudals: no, it's fucking horrible.  Try something in burgundy for style, or navy for safety.  And don't ever carry your HK like that; you'll either fire it accidentally or drop it - probably both, which will make you look a dick whatever tie you're wearing.

 

 

LOL! I thought the new fashion trend was to carry around a semi-auto when you dress in a blue suit! Did I miss the note???

Fine! Navy it is then! How's this along with this suit? (my actual suit, not 007's). Then I don't need to go shopping since I already have both. I think the navy tie is a bit darker than the one in the picture. Yeah~

post #22061 of 33186

Dull but fine.  Buy a burgundy grenadine, or a silk repp with a small pattern.  Also, vary the white shirt with a light blue one sometimes.  With the plain white handkerchief for your pocket, you will elevate this suit to impressive levels instantly.  You might consider folding it to just make a little narrow line, as is currently de rigeur, although fine to be your own man too.  But I never trust an outfit until the shoes are revealed.  Always, but always, be serious about shoes.*

 

 

*and socks too.

post #22062 of 33186
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Dull but fine.  Buy a burgundy grenadine, or a silk repp with a small pattern.  Also, vary the white shirt with a light blue one sometimes.  With the plain white handkerchief for your pocket, you will elevate this suit to impressive levels instantly.  You might consider folding it to just make a little narrow line, as is currently de rigeur, although fine to be your own man too.  But I never trust an outfit until the shoes are revealed.  Always, but always, be serious about shoes.*

 

 

*and socks too.

Yes, burgundy I have tried but will revisit. When I look at my tie collection, they're just freaking blue. Dark, light, blue blue blue. I need some variety. I am gonna get a nice pale blue shirt. I FAILED and gave up on regular blue shirts. I usually have my pocket squares as you describe it but something must've happened. I would never wear it like that. Shoes? I got this black ones from RLBL. And a Gucci brown ones. I really wanted a ferragamo's tremezza shoes (botched spelling). 

post #22063 of 33186

Can anyone recommend a shirt in the $100-225 range?  I'm looking for something that's white; poplin, broadcloth, or pinpoint; medium spread or forward point collar; double-button barrel cuffs; and, if possible, 2x2 (I don't know whether that's an option at this price point).  Mother-of-pearl buttons would be a huge plus.  My neck size is 14.75-15", chest size 37-38".  Thanks.

post #22064 of 33186

Rudals,

 

Shoes are both perfectly appropriate.  Read around here for much better value options than RL or Ferragamo.  In general, even good shoes from these brands, are still overpriced.

 

As well as burgundy, perhaps add something green - very much in vogue right now, and perhaps a brown satin or rust-coloured knit.  All of those would work beautifully with your suit, especially with a blue shirt and your brown shoes.

 

 

NoQualms,

 

That gives you pretty much unlimited options.  Really, go to a nice shop and try on some shirts.

post #22065 of 33186
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

That gives you pretty much unlimited options.  Really, go to a nice shop and try on some shirts.

Speaking of shirt, I have a problem with 99% of my shirts and can't figure it out. My watch can never fit under the cuffs of my shirts. I think all the cuffs are too narrow. My watch can't be the problem. You be the judge.

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)