Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 5:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1454post #21796 of 321905/22/13 at 4:38am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21797 of 321905/22/13 at 5:51ampost #21798 of 321905/22/13 at 6:32ampost #21799 of 321905/22/13 at 7:07ampost #21800 of 321905/22/13 at 7:49am
Hey guys, I need advice on what shoe size would fit me well
Shoe in question is Herring Hampstead (using last 026 only in width F)
I fit into Clarks DB size 9 and most of my shoes are US 10.5 (only with exception of my Converse shoes idk why it's in size UK11 ?)
I have a flat foot though.. my feet measures 4.4 inches wide and 10.77 inches longpost #21801 of 321905/22/13 at 11:03ampost #21802 of 321905/22/13 at 11:36am
Does anyone know what the folding on the thighs of pants is from? Example below. I wear a size 33. If I get a size 34 and get the seat and rear rise taken in, the sides are pretty clean, comparable to "02 STRAIGHT" fit below. If I get 33's (which don't really need the seat or rise taken in too much), it's got the same fold on the side as this "04 RELAXED" fit below.
How can I fix that? If you see it from the front, it makes my thighs look gigantic. I look like one of those hunters with the huge thigh pants.post #21803 of 321905/22/13 at 3:18pmpost #21804 of 321905/22/13 at 3:40pm
Blue plain suede loafers? Not sure. I got some blue suede string loafers from Carmina/Skoab..
I like them but I haven't really worn them yet. I'd suggest against it unless you've already got a vast wardrobe and know how to wear them well.post #21805 of 321905/22/13 at 3:43pmpost #21806 of 321905/22/13 at 5:48pmQuote:Did you even read what I wrote? Company HR policy dictates that I wear a tie during work (Jacket is optional). Wearing a jacket as well everyday is just plain uncomfortable, especially since I commute via the metro.
...Maybe you have never tried wearing a jacket all day in hot, sticky equatorial weather.post #21807 of 321905/22/13 at 6:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Flame
Did you even read what I wrote? Company HR policy dictates that I wear a tie during work (Jacket is optional). Wearing a jacket as well everyday is just plain uncomfortable, especially since I commute via the metro.
...Maybe you have never tried wearing a jacket all day in hot, sticky equatorial weather.
Oh contraire, I'm very familiar with hot, sticky weather.
You asked for advice and were given advice. You didn't like the advice.
If your dress code is so strict, and you won't wear a jacket, then just accept that you're going to look bad and move on. Worrying about whether or not to wear a tie bar is like worrying about turning out the lights when your house is on fire.
FWIW, an unstructured, unlined linen jacket is pretty cool wearing.post #21808 of 321905/22/13 at 6:39pmI have white pants. The pockets show through. I'm thinking of removing them. jst wanted a second opinion.
I'm wondering if its inviting trouble ( visible/vulgar crotch and buttocks). Kinda hard to test.
removing pockets in general: good idea or always missing feel like something is missing.
thxpost #21809 of 321905/22/13 at 6:44pm
I am looking for shoes that looks like the ones below (low shine, dark brown wingtips that could be worn more casually) but that have vibram / rubber soles due to back issues and needing to be on feet a lot. Any suggestions? Thankspost #21810 of 321905/22/13 at 6:49pmQuote:Have you considered some less drastic solutions first? Like, I don't know, maybe wearing white boxers under your pants?
If the pants are so transparent that this would simply leave your underwear clearly visible, well, then maybe you ought to just write off the pants in question as being fundamentally unacceptable for wearing in polite society. (In impolite society, perhaps it's less important whether your pockets, crotch, and buttocks are on display.)
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for chunky/heavy sweaters with shorter sleeves? 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 11 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 12 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?