Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 2:13 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: Yesterday
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1454post #21796 of 324775/22/13 at 4:38ampost #21797 of 324775/22/13 at 5:51ampost #21798 of 324775/22/13 at 6:32ampost #21799 of 324775/22/13 at 7:07ampost #21800 of 324775/22/13 at 7:49am
Hey guys, I need advice on what shoe size would fit me well
Shoe in question is Herring Hampstead (using last 026 only in width F)
I fit into Clarks DB size 9 and most of my shoes are US 10.5 (only with exception of my Converse shoes idk why it's in size UK11 ?)
I have a flat foot though.. my feet measures 4.4 inches wide and 10.77 inches longpost #21801 of 324775/22/13 at 11:03ampost #21802 of 324775/22/13 at 11:36am
Does anyone know what the folding on the thighs of pants is from? Example below. I wear a size 33. If I get a size 34 and get the seat and rear rise taken in, the sides are pretty clean, comparable to "02 STRAIGHT" fit below. If I get 33's (which don't really need the seat or rise taken in too much), it's got the same fold on the side as this "04 RELAXED" fit below.
How can I fix that? If you see it from the front, it makes my thighs look gigantic. I look like one of those hunters with the huge thigh pants.post #21803 of 324775/22/13 at 3:18pmpost #21804 of 324775/22/13 at 3:40pm
Blue plain suede loafers? Not sure. I got some blue suede string loafers from Carmina/Skoab..
I like them but I haven't really worn them yet. I'd suggest against it unless you've already got a vast wardrobe and know how to wear them well.post #21805 of 324775/22/13 at 3:43pmpost #21806 of 324775/22/13 at 5:48pmQuote:Did you even read what I wrote? Company HR policy dictates that I wear a tie during work (Jacket is optional). Wearing a jacket as well everyday is just plain uncomfortable, especially since I commute via the metro.
...Maybe you have never tried wearing a jacket all day in hot, sticky equatorial weather.post #21807 of 324775/22/13 at 6:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Flame
Did you even read what I wrote? Company HR policy dictates that I wear a tie during work (Jacket is optional). Wearing a jacket as well everyday is just plain uncomfortable, especially since I commute via the metro.
...Maybe you have never tried wearing a jacket all day in hot, sticky equatorial weather.
Oh contraire, I'm very familiar with hot, sticky weather.
You asked for advice and were given advice. You didn't like the advice.
If your dress code is so strict, and you won't wear a jacket, then just accept that you're going to look bad and move on. Worrying about whether or not to wear a tie bar is like worrying about turning out the lights when your house is on fire.
FWIW, an unstructured, unlined linen jacket is pretty cool wearing.post #21808 of 324775/22/13 at 6:39pmI have white pants. The pockets show through. I'm thinking of removing them. jst wanted a second opinion.
I'm wondering if its inviting trouble ( visible/vulgar crotch and buttocks). Kinda hard to test.
removing pockets in general: good idea or always missing feel like something is missing.
thxpost #21809 of 324775/22/13 at 6:44pm
I am looking for shoes that looks like the ones below (low shine, dark brown wingtips that could be worn more casually) but that have vibram / rubber soles due to back issues and needing to be on feet a lot. Any suggestions? Thankspost #21810 of 324775/22/13 at 6:49pmQuote:Have you considered some less drastic solutions first? Like, I don't know, maybe wearing white boxers under your pants?
If the pants are so transparent that this would simply leave your underwear clearly visible, well, then maybe you ought to just write off the pants in question as being fundamentally unacceptable for wearing in polite society. (In impolite society, perhaps it's less important whether your pockets, crotch, and buttocks are on display.)
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › 2015 Tom Ford 3 piece suit in blue in multiple sizes 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Nespresso Club 5 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 15 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts