can anyone recommend a single monk strap a la Edward green oundle or Jon Lobb Jermyn 2 but at close to $5/600 not $1,200? The meermins are out because I am looking for black and I don't want to wait for an MTO. Can't find anything by crockett & jones or carmina, my go-tos, I'm thinking maybe ferragamo lavorazione originale but I can't seem to find one. thanks in advance fellas
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 7:00 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1448post #21707 of 334625/16/13 at 7:23pmQuote:
I see. Thanks.
I'm a suit size ITA 52, but the collar of the 17 (43) shirt fits me.
Suit size ITA 52 has a 19" shoulder-to-shoulder, but the 17 shirt has a 21" shoulder to shoulder usually and it droops on me. but the collar fits me, 16.5 is too small.
That's why I wondered if there was a proper relationship between shirt size and suit size.post #21708 of 334625/16/13 at 7:25pmQuote:The correlation between the two size would likely be rather weak. Similar to attempting to determine your "ideal" shoe size, based on the length of your pants inseam.
Such a table might be of some statistical interest, as applied to large populations. But it would have little utility as applied to a specific individual.
May I ask what gives rise to this question? If you're simply curious as to your shirt (or suit) size, would it not be vastly more sensible to invest in an 89 cent tape measure, and measure your actual sizes?
EDIT: Ah, I see that you elaborated on the matter, while I was typing my response. I would only mention that getting a MTM shirt, with a 17" collar, but relatively narrow shoulders, is not particularly difficult. While reiterating that there is not a meaningful linkage between suit size and shirt size (beyond the general idea that men who wear size 54XL (US) suits tend not to wear size 14.5/31 shirts, and those who wear size 36S (US) suits are unlikely to wear size 19.5/38 shirts.)post #21709 of 334625/16/13 at 7:25pm
This might be a strange question, but is it possible to darken the shade by redying the fabric of a suit jacket/blazer?
I have a navy blazer that fits me very well, but its a slightly lighter shade of navy than I would like, I want it to be darker. Is there some way to do this or is there anyone I could bring the jacket to who could do this for me **without it looking terrible** ?post #21710 of 334625/16/13 at 7:26pmpost #21711 of 334625/16/13 at 11:35pmpost #21712 of 334625/17/13 at 4:32am
I don't know, other than eBay. But get your head measured, and assume that any hat shop selling "one size fits all" or "small, medium, large" is usually shit. Unless they at least define what those sizes are in actual measurements. I'm sure there are plenty of makers of retro-style hats if you get googling.post #21713 of 334625/17/13 at 5:19amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
I don't know, other than eBay. But get your head measured, and assume that any hat shop selling "one size fits all" or "small, medium, large" is usually shit. Unless they at least define what those sizes are in actual measurements. I'm sure there are plenty of makers of retro-style hats if you get googling.
I haven't ordered any one size fits all hats. I've measured myself as 59cm and the one I got by "Olney was still too big. :( I should have just ordered 3 sizes and returned the ones that didn't fit.post #21714 of 334625/17/13 at 10:40ampost #21715 of 334625/17/13 at 5:22pmpost #21716 of 334625/17/13 at 7:30pmpost #21717 of 334625/17/13 at 7:40pmpost #21718 of 334625/18/13 at 6:37pmpost #21719 of 334625/18/13 at 6:52pmpost #21720 of 334625/18/13 at 8:18pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 15 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 40 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 45 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 53 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 59 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 hour ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 1 hour ago
- › Washed jeans look like raw denim? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...