can anyone recommend a single monk strap a la Edward green oundle or Jon Lobb Jermyn 2 but at close to $5/600 not $1,200? The meermins are out because I am looking for black and I don't want to wait for an MTO. Can't find anything by crockett & jones or carmina, my go-tos, I'm thinking maybe ferragamo lavorazione originale but I can't seem to find one. thanks in advance fellas
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 10:18 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1448
Styleforum Top Pickspost #21707 of 321735/16/13 at 7:23pmQuote:
I see. Thanks.
I'm a suit size ITA 52, but the collar of the 17 (43) shirt fits me.
Suit size ITA 52 has a 19" shoulder-to-shoulder, but the 17 shirt has a 21" shoulder to shoulder usually and it droops on me. but the collar fits me, 16.5 is too small.
That's why I wondered if there was a proper relationship between shirt size and suit size.post #21708 of 321735/16/13 at 7:25pmQuote:The correlation between the two size would likely be rather weak. Similar to attempting to determine your "ideal" shoe size, based on the length of your pants inseam.
Such a table might be of some statistical interest, as applied to large populations. But it would have little utility as applied to a specific individual.
May I ask what gives rise to this question? If you're simply curious as to your shirt (or suit) size, would it not be vastly more sensible to invest in an 89 cent tape measure, and measure your actual sizes?
EDIT: Ah, I see that you elaborated on the matter, while I was typing my response. I would only mention that getting a MTM shirt, with a 17" collar, but relatively narrow shoulders, is not particularly difficult. While reiterating that there is not a meaningful linkage between suit size and shirt size (beyond the general idea that men who wear size 54XL (US) suits tend not to wear size 14.5/31 shirts, and those who wear size 36S (US) suits are unlikely to wear size 19.5/38 shirts.)post #21709 of 321735/16/13 at 7:25pm
This might be a strange question, but is it possible to darken the shade by redying the fabric of a suit jacket/blazer?
I have a navy blazer that fits me very well, but its a slightly lighter shade of navy than I would like, I want it to be darker. Is there some way to do this or is there anyone I could bring the jacket to who could do this for me **without it looking terrible** ?post #21710 of 321735/16/13 at 7:26pmpost #21711 of 321735/16/13 at 11:35pmpost #21712 of 321735/17/13 at 4:32am
I don't know, other than eBay. But get your head measured, and assume that any hat shop selling "one size fits all" or "small, medium, large" is usually shit. Unless they at least define what those sizes are in actual measurements. I'm sure there are plenty of makers of retro-style hats if you get googling.post #21713 of 321735/17/13 at 5:19amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
I don't know, other than eBay. But get your head measured, and assume that any hat shop selling "one size fits all" or "small, medium, large" is usually shit. Unless they at least define what those sizes are in actual measurements. I'm sure there are plenty of makers of retro-style hats if you get googling.
I haven't ordered any one size fits all hats. I've measured myself as 59cm and the one I got by "Olney was still too big. :( I should have just ordered 3 sizes and returned the ones that didn't fit.post #21714 of 321735/17/13 at 10:40ampost #21715 of 321735/17/13 at 5:22pmpost #21716 of 321735/17/13 at 7:30pmpost #21717 of 321735/17/13 at 7:40pmpost #21718 of 321735/18/13 at 6:37pmpost #21719 of 321735/18/13 at 6:52pmpost #21720 of 321735/18/13 at 8:18pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Smoking Jacket, Dinner Jacket question 8 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 9 minutes ago
- › feragamo used white loafers (buying Decision) 12 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 15 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...