Thank you, but these shoes has no ones available in tan color.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 6:31 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1438post #21557 of 333995/9/13 at 7:08amQuote:
yes, the idea is black shoes and black shirt with light beige trousers
Thank you for your opinion!
post #21558 of 333995/9/13 at 7:27ampost #21559 of 333995/9/13 at 7:43amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Don't be ridiculous. You'll be looking at this picture for the rest of your life, so don't be a tool.
It's your graduation. By all means wear something cheerful, but "playful" will just make you look like a douche. Dress beautifully, it's the beginning of the rest of your life. This is the "Classic Menswear" forum, dude, go look at the "What are you wearing right now?" thread for some ideas on how gentlemen of style actually dress (and ignore anyone in jeans, cargo pants, or no socks as part of their "classic" ensemble - we're back to douche land). There are some really well-dressed people over there, some of them just out of college like you. You don't have to try to be "fun" by wearing a stupid tie. If you're fun, it's in your personality. But if you're dressed like a dick, your personality might well be overlooked.
So camo tie = douche?post #21560 of 333995/9/13 at 7:45ampost #21561 of 333995/9/13 at 7:53am
I always thought all camo was kind of on the lame side... (to phrase it nicely since I know there's nice people here that do wear camo).
I never liked the idea of trying to style up something soldiers wear as a uniform in combat. Plus, the stuff people wear as camo is all the really lame looking stuff. Get the good looking stuff if you want to do it at all, Multicam. :-)post #21562 of 333995/9/13 at 8:15amQuote:
Thanks for pointing out the shirt size. I went to the store and tried on a small shirt for the first time in my life and it fit. I had lost 25 pounds but was still buying my old size I guess.
I exchanged some recent purchases for a small size and they look significantly better.post #21563 of 333995/9/13 at 9:03ampost #21564 of 333995/9/13 at 9:10am
Exactly. ;) But if it must be these, go blue.
Novelty ties in general, camouflaged anything. Yes, just don't. You're asking the Classic Menswear forum...so expect classic menswear to be the generally approved point of reference.
Not necessarily - depends on the shirt, your style, and I'd confine it to the evening. But I'm thinking Indigo would be nice. :)post #21565 of 333995/9/13 at 9:19am
I'm curious what the opinions are on a suit under 2000. As a graduation present, I think my wife may be willing to splurge (to our standards) and I would like it to be on a high quality suit. Right now I live in New York, and as I plan on leaving the State, I'd like to take advantage of the great shops around here.
So my question is, what are the opinions on the best suit I can buy in that price range in New York City.post #21566 of 333995/9/13 at 12:03pmpost #21567 of 333995/9/13 at 12:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by DerangedGoose
Welted leather soled shoes, made in portugal for $100? Im guessing corrected grain?
The last is fugly.post #21568 of 333995/9/13 at 12:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by DerangedGoose
Welted leather soled shoes, made in portugal for $100? Im guessing corrected grain?
They look a little cheap to my untrained eye.post #21569 of 333995/9/13 at 12:34pm
I agree, its a little weird how the vamp and the toebox are essentially one continuous line, but some of the florsheim imperials seem to exhibit this effect as well (from certain angles) and those shoes are held in moderate regard and priced higher
The finish does seem to be on the lower end of the scale, but if it is full on leather, cant you strip it with reno and put down your own finish?post #21570 of 333995/9/13 at 1:14pm
They're not the most beautiful things, but two points:
1. Get over the "corrected grain" fixation. It means a lot of different things, and there's a lot of variety in leathers. Even some decent makers use what is technically "corrected" (although they'd call it "polished" as opposed to plain "calf"), often offering both options in the same shoe. Some of it can be very hard-wearing and smart, just as some more natural finishes can still be on shitty leather. If you don't like a shiny finish, or do, it's up to you.
2. These shoes cost $100. At the very worst, they will be worth it. At best, they'll feel like good value.
So, ask yourself if you want $100 shoes, and if so, if you like the look of these. You're not risking a lot if you do, they might turn out to be quite serviceable, but at the same time, they're not going to be John Lobbs in disguise.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 seconds ago
- › NWOT Kamakura New York Fit Grey Pique Knit Buttondown S 15.5/34 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › Pre-wash Raw Denim at Home? 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Isaia suits- New 40R Charcoal Flannel- Loro Piana Cloth, Used 42R... 5 minutes ago
- › NWOT Kamakura Tokyo Slim Fit Gingham Oxford 16/35 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...