or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1432

post #21466 of 30712

Maybe try the SW&D questions thread? http://www.styleforum.net/t/164402/ask-a-question-get-an-answer-ask-all-quick-questions-here

post #21467 of 30712
Could anyone recommend a source for good rtw shirt jackets/safari-type jackets? I want a nice linen one for the summer. Preferably in UK or EU.
post #21468 of 30712
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post

Need brown shoes, these florsheim kenmoors are brand new and dirt cheap. They look suspiciously like corrected grain, but people swear up and down that the kenmoor (their new "imperial" top of the line) is full on calf. Thoughts? Should I go for the veblen instead?

I own both that Kenmoor model (stamped pebble grain) and the Veblen in grey waxed leather ... they make for great casual shoes if purchased for less than half of MSRP.
I find the Kenmoor is built with just a little more care than the Veblen.
post #21469 of 30712

I recently bought a pair of Edward Green Chelseas in Black Calf. I looked inside at the shoe sock/insole and noticed that the insole was made of a wooden material with a thin leather pad glued onto the heel area over the insole. I was wondering what you guys thought of the 'wooden' aspect of the insole? This is the first time i saw an insole made of wood/wood laminate. Thanks guys!

 

 

Dave

post #21470 of 30712

Just got my "Napoli Navy Plain"-suit from Suitsupply, EU size 46. Does it fit?

 

http://imgur.com/a/bWgcW#5

(thumbnails of more pics to the right)

 

I guess the sleeves on the jacket are too short, or maybe my shirt extends too far down. Or both, I don't know. Could anyone make a judgement?

post #21471 of 30712
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanLaxer View Post

Just got my "Napoli Navy Plain"-suit from Suitsupply, EU size 46. Does it fit?

http://imgur.com/a/bWgcW#5
(thumbnails of more pics to the right)

I guess the sleeves on the jacket are too short, or maybe my shirt extends too far down. Or both, I don't know. Could anyone make a judgement?

Looks short to me.
post #21472 of 30712

I picked up a pair of AE Strands in Walnut but before I walk out the door with them wanted to find out if I should seriously consider something like the C&J Barrington in Tan.  What differences am i going to see/feel in that type of an upgrade?

 

Thanks.

post #21473 of 30712
Quote:
Originally Posted by eith View Post

I picked up a pair of AE Strands in Walnut but before I walk out the door with them wanted to find out if I should seriously consider something like the C&J Barrington in Tan.  What differences am i going to see/feel in that type of an upgrade?

Thanks.

I have sold many pairs of C&J (for Peal & Co) shoes and several pairs of AE (for Brooks Brothers). I am usually not too excited about the AE's but recently had a pair of dark brown Strands. Damn, those were nice. Now I want a pair. The C&J shoe may be a little bit nicer, but you will be paying quite a lot for that little bit.
post #21474 of 30712

I currently have a grey 3 piece suit from Ted Baker. I'm 19 years old, and i'm looking to get my next suit. I cannot afford a bespoke savile Row, so it'll likely have to be off the peg. What is the best brand to look for? I'm likely looking at a blue 3 piece, and then i'll get myself a pair of Church's Brogues

post #21475 of 30712

Does anyone know why guys wear black to the high school prom? It's like they are going to a funeral. Why not navy? o.o Anyone have answers? 

post #21476 of 30712
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticPanda View Post

I currently have a grey 3 piece suit from Ted Baker. I'm 19 years old, and i'm looking to get my next suit. I cannot afford a bespoke savile Row, so it'll likely have to be off the peg. What is the best brand to look for? I'm likely looking at a blue 3 piece, and then i'll get myself a pair of Church's Brogues

Fear not, there are a multitude of options at various price points between Ted Baker and Savile Row. It is a subject that has come up here once or twice before - try the search function and read through some existing threads on the matter. Likewise shoes (it is generally agreed that there are better options than Church's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeypotato View Post

Does anyone know why guys wear black to the high school prom? It's like they are going to a funeral. Why not navy? o.o Anyone have answers? 

They know no better.
post #21477 of 30712
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanLaxer View Post

Just got my "Napoli Navy Plain"-suit from Suitsupply, EU size 46. Does it fit?

http://imgur.com/a/bWgcW#5
(thumbnails of more pics to the right)

I guess the sleeves on the jacket are too short, or maybe my shirt extends too far down. Or both, I don't know. Could anyone make a judgement?

Short, and looks like you have a little collar gap going on.

Try posting on the ask a tailor thread.
post #21478 of 30712

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

Greeting SF animals.

Blazer good as is?  Fixes?

Thanks.

post #21479 of 30712
What are some good online RTW suit merchants and brands? I'd like full canvas, a natural shoulder, and a BB Fitzgerald-esque fit, for under $800, ideally.

Something like eHaberdasher's Benjamin line would be good, but it looks like he's sold out in my size. SuitSupply is too slim for me, I think.
post #21480 of 30712
Workhorse suit for a fresh grad starting his 1st job in August:

SuitSupply, Benjamin or BB?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)