Almost anything of a lighter or darker tone would work great. It's a very flexible color for a shirt.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 11:21 am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 2/22/15 at 7:08am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:50 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1395
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20912 of 301433/31/13 at 8:55pmQuote:I think the general response to such queries is that its his (and her) day and you should oblige. But given how awful square toes are, I'd try to find some excuse not to wear them (I got a blister while breaking them in, wife packed the wrong pair, etc).
Kudos on wearing the suit even though you don't like it.post #20913 of 301433/31/13 at 9:18pmQuote:
I would go ahead and do it. If anybody complains, tell them that you tried the other ones on and they didn't fit quite right.post #20914 of 301433/31/13 at 9:39pm
What do you all think? Fake real?
I'm not seasoned enough to know....my gut says fake....but.....?post #20915 of 301433/31/13 at 9:46pmpost #20916 of 301433/31/13 at 9:47pmpost #20917 of 301433/31/13 at 9:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by sanchito
What do you all think? Fake real?
I'm not seasoned enough to know....my gut says fake....but.....?
That's real. I can't tell you about how old it is, as I don't study BB's labels. I'd say somewhere in 2000's.post #20918 of 301433/31/13 at 9:50pmpost #20919 of 301433/31/13 at 10:04pmQuote:
As long as your shoes are equal in formality I would go ahead and wear your own.post #20920 of 301433/31/13 at 10:51pmpost #20921 of 301434/1/13 at 1:49ampost #20922 of 301434/1/13 at 2:35amQuote:Originally Posted by thefuryuk
Help with jackets/blazers.......
So having recently turned 30 I have done away with my casual jeans and hoodies and started dressing smart/casual.
dark jeans or chinos with shirt and v neck are my staple.
I have always HATED jeans and a jacket but more recently have been drawn to thinking about it as an alternative to the shirt and v neck.
I reckon my hatred comes from people wearing suit type jackets which just doesn't work.
So my question is what type of jacket/blazer would work well??
I wear dark blue jeans or chinos and mid brown/tan shoes or grey suede brogues.
Just looking for inspiration please!!!!!
(Also, do I need to size up for a jacket? Especially if I'm wearing a jumper underneath???)
The jacket needs to be obviously casual, in a cloth with plenty of texture. This basically means tweed, or I suppose linen in the summer. It would help if the jacket has casual features like patch pockets, swelled edges etc. Black and white herringbone tweed would work with jeans and brown shoes, so would any kind of brown tweed. Grey suede brogues I'm not so sure about.
As for sizing, if you're new to wearing jackets, I recommend you stick to b&m shopping for now so you can try the jackets on in person. You shouldn't need to size up for a jumper ime.post #20923 of 301434/1/13 at 3:00amQuote:
No idea on the impact of your decision, but if you go ahead and wear your own, Tell him ahead of time that the shoes didnt fit you or w/e excuse you make.post #20924 of 301434/1/13 at 3:43am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 seconds ago
- › Harrisons Premier Cru 51406 Mid Grey Sharkskin 40 seconds ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Windowpane or Glen PlaidFeb 27th, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...