Almost anything of a lighter or darker tone would work great. It's a very flexible color for a shirt.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 3:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 5:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:21 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1395
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20912 of 305423/31/13 at 8:55pmQuote:I think the general response to such queries is that its his (and her) day and you should oblige. But given how awful square toes are, I'd try to find some excuse not to wear them (I got a blister while breaking them in, wife packed the wrong pair, etc).
Kudos on wearing the suit even though you don't like it.post #20913 of 305423/31/13 at 9:18pmQuote:
I would go ahead and do it. If anybody complains, tell them that you tried the other ones on and they didn't fit quite right.post #20914 of 305423/31/13 at 9:39pm
What do you all think? Fake real?
I'm not seasoned enough to know....my gut says fake....but.....?post #20915 of 305423/31/13 at 9:46pmpost #20916 of 305423/31/13 at 9:47pmpost #20917 of 305423/31/13 at 9:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by sanchito
What do you all think? Fake real?
I'm not seasoned enough to know....my gut says fake....but.....?
That's real. I can't tell you about how old it is, as I don't study BB's labels. I'd say somewhere in 2000's.post #20918 of 305423/31/13 at 9:50pmpost #20919 of 305423/31/13 at 10:04pmQuote:
As long as your shoes are equal in formality I would go ahead and wear your own.post #20920 of 305423/31/13 at 10:51pmpost #20921 of 305424/1/13 at 1:49ampost #20922 of 305424/1/13 at 2:35amQuote:Originally Posted by thefuryuk
Help with jackets/blazers.......
So having recently turned 30 I have done away with my casual jeans and hoodies and started dressing smart/casual.
dark jeans or chinos with shirt and v neck are my staple.
I have always HATED jeans and a jacket but more recently have been drawn to thinking about it as an alternative to the shirt and v neck.
I reckon my hatred comes from people wearing suit type jackets which just doesn't work.
So my question is what type of jacket/blazer would work well??
I wear dark blue jeans or chinos and mid brown/tan shoes or grey suede brogues.
Just looking for inspiration please!!!!!
(Also, do I need to size up for a jacket? Especially if I'm wearing a jumper underneath???)
The jacket needs to be obviously casual, in a cloth with plenty of texture. This basically means tweed, or I suppose linen in the summer. It would help if the jacket has casual features like patch pockets, swelled edges etc. Black and white herringbone tweed would work with jeans and brown shoes, so would any kind of brown tweed. Grey suede brogues I'm not so sure about.
As for sizing, if you're new to wearing jackets, I recommend you stick to b&m shopping for now so you can try the jackets on in person. You shouldn't need to size up for a jumper ime.post #20923 of 305424/1/13 at 3:00amQuote:
No idea on the impact of your decision, but if you go ahead and wear your own, Tell him ahead of time that the shoes didnt fit you or w/e excuse you make.post #20924 of 305424/1/13 at 3:43am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ["R~SA"] Crystal Palace vs Hull City Live Stream online HD just now
- › GET /////West Brom vs Liverpool Live 31 seconds ago
- › Pristine Cooper A-2 Brown Goatskin Jacket Sz 40R (Fits 42R best) 50 seconds ago
- › HOT //////Stoke vs Sunderland Live 1 minute ago
- › BD /////QPR vs West Ham Live 1 minute ago
- › YES /////Newcastle vs Swansea Live 2 minutes ago
- › LIVE////Crystal Palace vs Hull City live Stream 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › /////////////West Bromwich Albion vs Liverpool Live 3 minutes ago
- › PLAY /////Crystal Palace vs Hull Live 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...