I would go ahead and do it. If anybody complains, tell them that you tried the other ones on and they didn't fit quite right.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:52 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1395post #20911 of 330813/31/13 at 9:18pmpost #20912 of 330813/31/13 at 9:39pm
What do you all think? Fake real?
I'm not seasoned enough to know....my gut says fake....but.....?post #20913 of 330813/31/13 at 9:46pmpost #20914 of 330813/31/13 at 9:47pmpost #20915 of 330813/31/13 at 9:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by sanchito
What do you all think? Fake real?
I'm not seasoned enough to know....my gut says fake....but.....?
That's real. I can't tell you about how old it is, as I don't study BB's labels. I'd say somewhere in 2000's.post #20916 of 330813/31/13 at 9:50pmpost #20917 of 330813/31/13 at 10:04pmQuote:
As long as your shoes are equal in formality I would go ahead and wear your own.post #20918 of 330813/31/13 at 10:51pmpost #20919 of 330814/1/13 at 1:49ampost #20920 of 330814/1/13 at 2:35amQuote:Originally Posted by thefuryuk
Help with jackets/blazers.......
So having recently turned 30 I have done away with my casual jeans and hoodies and started dressing smart/casual.
dark jeans or chinos with shirt and v neck are my staple.
I have always HATED jeans and a jacket but more recently have been drawn to thinking about it as an alternative to the shirt and v neck.
I reckon my hatred comes from people wearing suit type jackets which just doesn't work.
So my question is what type of jacket/blazer would work well??
I wear dark blue jeans or chinos and mid brown/tan shoes or grey suede brogues.
Just looking for inspiration please!!!!!
(Also, do I need to size up for a jacket? Especially if I'm wearing a jumper underneath???)
The jacket needs to be obviously casual, in a cloth with plenty of texture. This basically means tweed, or I suppose linen in the summer. It would help if the jacket has casual features like patch pockets, swelled edges etc. Black and white herringbone tweed would work with jeans and brown shoes, so would any kind of brown tweed. Grey suede brogues I'm not so sure about.
As for sizing, if you're new to wearing jackets, I recommend you stick to b&m shopping for now so you can try the jackets on in person. You shouldn't need to size up for a jumper ime.post #20921 of 330814/1/13 at 3:00amQuote:
No idea on the impact of your decision, but if you go ahead and wear your own, Tell him ahead of time that the shoes didnt fit you or w/e excuse you make.post #20922 of 330814/1/13 at 3:43ampost #20923 of 330814/1/13 at 6:52ampost #20924 of 330814/1/13 at 7:52ampost #20925 of 330814/1/13 at 9:00am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 36 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 54 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding