I would go ahead and do it. If anybody complains, tell them that you tried the other ones on and they didn't fit quite right.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 10/22/16 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1395post #20911 of 331423/31/13 at 9:18pmpost #20912 of 331423/31/13 at 9:39pm
What do you all think? Fake real?
I'm not seasoned enough to know....my gut says fake....but.....?post #20913 of 331423/31/13 at 9:46pmpost #20914 of 331423/31/13 at 9:47pmpost #20915 of 331423/31/13 at 9:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by sanchito
What do you all think? Fake real?
I'm not seasoned enough to know....my gut says fake....but.....?
That's real. I can't tell you about how old it is, as I don't study BB's labels. I'd say somewhere in 2000's.post #20916 of 331423/31/13 at 9:50pmpost #20917 of 331423/31/13 at 10:04pmQuote:
As long as your shoes are equal in formality I would go ahead and wear your own.post #20918 of 331423/31/13 at 10:51pmpost #20919 of 331424/1/13 at 1:49ampost #20920 of 331424/1/13 at 2:35amQuote:Originally Posted by thefuryuk
Help with jackets/blazers.......
So having recently turned 30 I have done away with my casual jeans and hoodies and started dressing smart/casual.
dark jeans or chinos with shirt and v neck are my staple.
I have always HATED jeans and a jacket but more recently have been drawn to thinking about it as an alternative to the shirt and v neck.
I reckon my hatred comes from people wearing suit type jackets which just doesn't work.
So my question is what type of jacket/blazer would work well??
I wear dark blue jeans or chinos and mid brown/tan shoes or grey suede brogues.
Just looking for inspiration please!!!!!
(Also, do I need to size up for a jacket? Especially if I'm wearing a jumper underneath???)
The jacket needs to be obviously casual, in a cloth with plenty of texture. This basically means tweed, or I suppose linen in the summer. It would help if the jacket has casual features like patch pockets, swelled edges etc. Black and white herringbone tweed would work with jeans and brown shoes, so would any kind of brown tweed. Grey suede brogues I'm not so sure about.
As for sizing, if you're new to wearing jackets, I recommend you stick to b&m shopping for now so you can try the jackets on in person. You shouldn't need to size up for a jumper ime.post #20921 of 331424/1/13 at 3:00amQuote:
No idea on the impact of your decision, but if you go ahead and wear your own, Tell him ahead of time that the shoes didnt fit you or w/e excuse you make.post #20922 of 331424/1/13 at 3:43ampost #20923 of 331424/1/13 at 6:52ampost #20924 of 331424/1/13 at 7:52ampost #20925 of 331424/1/13 at 9:00am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › do you like to work in Oman ??? 5 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 10 minutes ago
- › Fall closet cleaning! TIES bundle 12 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 14 minutes ago
- › Fall closet cleaning! SHOES & BOOTS! 18 minutes ago
- › Buy quality hangers in Australia like Hanger Project or Butler Luxury 22 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 29 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 31 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 37 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...