Can you get to a Allen Edmonds store? They can fit you properly and make sure you get correct "last" for you foot's shape.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:22 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1387post #20791 of 331273/18/13 at 11:31ampost #20792 of 331273/18/13 at 11:50amQuote:A simple list, such as you initially requested, is not practical. This is due to the fact that different shoes have different strengths, weaknesses, design elements, construction elements, etc. And that different people will tend to weigh the choices and trade-offs differently, based on personal biases, situational needs, stylistic concerns, financial constraints, etc.
This does not mean that there aren't some things which are strongly associated with excellent shoe quality, and others which are strongly associated with disappointing shoe quality. But these associations are insufficient to permit a simple "Shoe Quality Checklist." It's similar to how there is no simple checklist which can be used to determine whether two items of clothing "go well together" and should be worn together, for all that there are various empirical rules and associations which can be of value in determining an answer to this question.
Ultimately, if you want to know how to tell good shoes from not-so-good shoes, you'll have to put in the time and effort of reviewing some of the very many posts and threads which involve such discussion. You will also have to gain some understanding as to what it is that you want in a given pair of shoes, for a given situation. And then, you'll be able to make up your mind (well, most of the time).
Michaelpost #20793 of 331273/18/13 at 12:05pmpost #20794 of 331273/18/13 at 12:21pmQuote:These things have been discussed endlessly on SF. Old discussions are archived and readily available. Do some searches and start reading.
If that's too much effort, Google "What makes a shoe good," click on some of the results, and read them.
The information you say you want is not in any way difficult to find.post #20795 of 331273/18/13 at 12:26pmpost #20796 of 331273/18/13 at 12:53pmpost #20797 of 331273/18/13 at 1:12pmpost #20798 of 331273/18/13 at 1:18pmpost #20799 of 331273/18/13 at 1:27pmQuote:
Best way to find out is to fit a pair on, esp since you have access to an AE store. When buying shoes there is no substitute for an in store fitting with a knowledgeable sales assistant.post #20800 of 331273/18/13 at 1:34pmpost #20801 of 331273/18/13 at 1:52pmQuote:
I'm not sure, but it would seem like a wider shoe would fix that, unless the issue is your arch height. I'm not really qualified to field this with any authority. Maybe we can take the question over to the Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread?post #20802 of 331273/18/13 at 1:57pmpost #20803 of 331273/18/13 at 2:20pmpost #20804 of 331273/18/13 at 2:36pmpost #20805 of 331273/18/13 at 5:28pm
I have a question about a brand called "Buttonhole." Specifically: Does anyone have any info about it. As you might imagine, Googling is a nightmare.
I bought a Harris Tweed sportcoat at a Goodwill today with this brand. The jacket is nice enough - it has working buttonholes. I suspect it's not a super-great jacket or anything, but the tweed is pretty and it fits me nicely. Mostly I'm just curious. Attached is a photo of the logo. Thanks for any help you can give!
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 second ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 31 seconds ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 47 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...