Thanks for the reply. I didn't buy them. I just wanted to check here first.
The front area of my feet and my heel are a great fit, it's just that I have big over pronated feet. How do I get a pair of shoes that will fit properly? :(
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:07 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 6/3/15 at 4:58am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:56 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:00 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1387
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20792 of 309273/18/13 at 11:25ampost #20793 of 309273/18/13 at 11:31amQuote:
Can you get to a Allen Edmonds store? They can fit you properly and make sure you get correct "last" for you foot's shape.post #20794 of 309273/18/13 at 11:50amQuote:A simple list, such as you initially requested, is not practical. This is due to the fact that different shoes have different strengths, weaknesses, design elements, construction elements, etc. And that different people will tend to weigh the choices and trade-offs differently, based on personal biases, situational needs, stylistic concerns, financial constraints, etc.
This does not mean that there aren't some things which are strongly associated with excellent shoe quality, and others which are strongly associated with disappointing shoe quality. But these associations are insufficient to permit a simple "Shoe Quality Checklist." It's similar to how there is no simple checklist which can be used to determine whether two items of clothing "go well together" and should be worn together, for all that there are various empirical rules and associations which can be of value in determining an answer to this question.
Ultimately, if you want to know how to tell good shoes from not-so-good shoes, you'll have to put in the time and effort of reviewing some of the very many posts and threads which involve such discussion. You will also have to gain some understanding as to what it is that you want in a given pair of shoes, for a given situation. And then, you'll be able to make up your mind (well, most of the time).
Michaelpost #20795 of 309273/18/13 at 12:05pmpost #20796 of 309273/18/13 at 12:21pmQuote:These things have been discussed endlessly on SF. Old discussions are archived and readily available. Do some searches and start reading.
If that's too much effort, Google "What makes a shoe good," click on some of the results, and read them.
The information you say you want is not in any way difficult to find.post #20797 of 309273/18/13 at 12:26pmpost #20798 of 309273/18/13 at 12:53pmpost #20799 of 309273/18/13 at 1:12pmpost #20800 of 309273/18/13 at 1:18pmpost #20801 of 309273/18/13 at 1:27pmQuote:
Best way to find out is to fit a pair on, esp since you have access to an AE store. When buying shoes there is no substitute for an in store fitting with a knowledgeable sales assistant.post #20802 of 309273/18/13 at 1:34pmpost #20803 of 309273/18/13 at 1:52pmQuote:
I'm not sure, but it would seem like a wider shoe would fix that, unless the issue is your arch height. I'm not really qualified to field this with any authority. Maybe we can take the question over to the Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread?post #20804 of 309273/18/13 at 1:57pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 3 minutes ago
- › ORIGINAL CAR SHOES by Prada 8.5D *NEW* 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › TOM FORD sz 8T Sandals *New w/out Box* 8 minutes ago
- › The RACHford Files Vol. 2: Azzuraa Leather Bag Test Drive 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 11 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 16 minutes ago
- › What to wear with these boots? 17 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...