Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:14 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Today at 6:11 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 8:13 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:29 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1365post #20461 of 309562/23/13 at 5:56pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20462 of 309562/23/13 at 5:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by osu1994
New the site, had a quick question for everyone...the advice is much appreciated!
I have a business casual dress requirement for an interview. I was wondering what colors (shirt/tie/pants) would work with a brown/tan blazer like the one in the link below. How would a sweater look with a shirt/tie and coat? http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_297868
Thanks again for the help.
I would try a white, blue, or lavender shirt with a blue tie, maybe a navy grenadine. If you haven't bought the jacket already, don't.post #20463 of 309562/23/13 at 6:14pm
I'm looking at getting my first summer suit commissioned, I have a nice wool/linen 50/50 picked out in a light navy color. I was wondering if I should get the jacket fully lined or half lined? I work in NYC so some summer days can get pretty brutal and my initial impression was half lined, but after doing some research I've read conflicting reports on fully lined vs half lined especially in regards to linen/linen blends. Any help is appreciated.post #20464 of 309562/23/13 at 7:11pmpost #20465 of 309562/23/13 at 7:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by JohnnyGalt
I'm looking at getting my first summer suit commissioned, I have a nice wool/linen 50/50 picked out in a light navy color. I was wondering if I should get the jacket fully lined or half lined? I work in NYC so some summer days can get pretty brutal and my initial impression was half lined, but after doing some research I've read conflicting reports on fully lined vs half lined especially in regards to linen/linen blends. Any help is appreciated.
I would say half lined. NYC summers can be brutal (I would know) and with linen the most important place to be lined is the sleeves. Embrace the wrinkles in the tail, which will be there regardless, although maybe slightly less so if it is fully lined. But wrinkles are part of the wonder of linen.post #20466 of 309562/24/13 at 2:29ampost #20467 of 309562/24/13 at 4:34ampost #20468 of 309562/24/13 at 4:34amQuote:Originally Posted by wesny
I would say half lined. NYC summers can be brutal (I would know) and with linen the most important place to be lined is the sleeves. Embrace the wrinkles in the tail, which will be there regardless, although maybe slightly less so if it is fully lined. But wrinkles are part of the wonder of linen.
I have three linen suits. They crease like a bitch in no time at all. Then you take the choice whether today is a day you want to look pressed and neat for an hour, or to just "embrace the wrinkles" as you put it.
I would also say half lined, although another factor is that linen, depending on type, can be quite transparent in a single layer in the light, so if you're wearing an odd jacket in a very light linen, it might look strange at the bottom when the sun catches you. Also, because of the creasing and softness, it's inherently casual. I wear my suits for all kinds of meetings, and offset the casual look by having all of them made up as three pieces, so I have the option of the inherent formality that way, albeit in a very summery look..post #20469 of 309562/24/13 at 7:43ampost #20470 of 309562/24/13 at 10:40ampost #20471 of 309562/24/13 at 3:43pmI was wondering if I could get someone's advice on tailoring pants.
I did search, but I couldn't seem to find a definitive answer cause my inquiry seems a bit too specific (I'm really picky )
I need some wool trousers for my internship this summer, and I had a couple questions.
I'm a really skinny asian college student, and so most of the pants I've found don't seem to fit me as slim as I want.
I'm looking for something with a 32 in waist, 10-10.5 inch rise, 11-11.5 inch thighs, a 7-7.5 inch opening, and 100% wool under $150 a piece. I know my measurements are a little weird, specially for the waist size, but I have a naturally thick waist (bone structure I guess), even though I'm pretty lean.
I know that my measurements aren't something I can easily find, so I was planning on just buying a pair of landend's tailored fit wool pants (since they're only $70) and just getting them altered.
My question was, how much can I alter these pants before they start getting weird? Can I slim down the legs 2 inches or so and also shorten the rise by 0.5-1 inch?
Thanks for all the help!post #20472 of 309562/24/13 at 3:48pmpost #20473 of 309562/24/13 at 4:32pmpost #20474 of 309562/25/13 at 1:06am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 15 seconds ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...