Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 12:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 1:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 1:40 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1347post #20191 of 310702/7/13 at 9:30am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20192 of 310702/7/13 at 9:58amQuote:
Check out the Barney's Warehouse store (255 W 17th St,); North of SOHO but still realatively close.
Or Ralph Lauren on prince st.
Although if you really want to get fancy with gloves, check out Chester Jefferies online, a UK dealer (http://www.chesterjefferies.co.uk/Scripts/default.asp) who does made to order gloves for as low as $50 plus $7 shipping.post #20193 of 310702/7/13 at 10:36am
Is it ok to wear brown shoes to a job interview? I just got out of a university class regarding professionalism in the workplace. The professor said to always wear black shoes to a job interview. I have always heard that black or a conservative brown was acceptable. What's the right answer?post #20194 of 310702/7/13 at 11:03amConsidering a made to measure full linen chambray or dark grey small herringbone suit for the summer from Luxire. Three-roll-two button, standard lapel width, forward pleated pants. Standard pockets. What would be more versatile, chambray or the herringbone? Would a full chambray suit (brown/white, navy/white, grey/white) even be wearable, or should I go for the herringbone?post #20195 of 310702/7/13 at 6:12pmpost #20196 of 310702/7/13 at 10:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Paisan
Is it ok to wear brown shoes to a job interview? I just got out of a university class regarding professionalism in the workplace. The professor said to always wear black shoes to a job interview. I have always heard that black or a conservative brown was acceptable. What's the right answer?
Black. Brown would be perfectly fine with a great deal of interviewers, but you don't want to risk it. Black is more conservative, and nobody could ever fault you for a pair of conservative black shoes.post #20197 of 310702/8/13 at 4:41amQuote:
Contact this guy (http://www.etsy.com/people/metroretroapparel?ref=ls_profile). He may do it for you.
Or send out the fabric to Gshen (http://www.styleforum.net/t/162958/more-added-13-3-homemade-handrolled-pocket-squares-in-exciting-fabrics/0_30)post #20198 of 310702/8/13 at 4:43amQuote:Originally Posted by deadAngle
Considering a made to measure full linen chambray or dark grey small herringbone suit for the summer from Luxire. Three-roll-two button, standard lapel width, forward pleated pants. Standard pockets. What would be more versatile, chambray or the herringbone? Would a full chambray suit (brown/white, navy/white, grey/white) even be wearable, or should I go for the herringbone?
1. Is the herringbone linen as well (i got confused because their was never a material specified for the herringbone, just the pattern)?post #20199 of 310702/8/13 at 9:00ampost #20200 of 310702/8/13 at 10:16ampost #20201 of 310702/8/13 at 4:26pmpost #20202 of 310702/8/13 at 5:15pmpost #20203 of 310702/8/13 at 7:23pmQuote:
Depends how much you wish to spend and what type of underwear you want (boxers, briefs, boxer/briefs). Zimerli makes some of the best underwear and their size small fits 26-30 size waists. You can find them a at a few different places online:
If you want something really cheap, buy any small and throw it in the washer with hot water and then right into the dryer on high heat and they will shrink a few sizes (if the garment is 100% cotton anyway).post #20204 of 310702/8/13 at 7:25pmQuote:
Not so true. Most everything made of cotton is pre-shrunk these days, or engineered to only shrink by something like 3%.post #20205 of 310702/8/13 at 8:23pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 12 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Suede Espadrille in Size 43 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 12 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...