I use the AE stuff. It's fine and you can get free delivery right from them. Not the best in the world I'm sure, but does the job.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 5:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1343post #20131 of 321732/4/13 at 7:33pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20132 of 321732/4/13 at 8:30pmpost #20133 of 321732/4/13 at 9:04pmpost #20134 of 321732/4/13 at 9:08pmQuote:
As far as my experiences, the reno is used to help moisturize the shoes. I use it once every 2-3 polishes but I think some people use it even less then me. Its fantastic and will help ease the creases and re-plenish them. The creme is fantastic and is regarded as one of the best shoe cremes available. Occasionally I will add a layer of Saphir wax as well to add an extra shine. Check out "The Hanger Project" for complete product information. Cheers.post #20135 of 321732/4/13 at 10:07pm
Hi everyone. I'm new here (even though I've been lurking for a while). Today after class I headed over to J Crew to try on a blazer which I believe was the Ludlow Wool one in 38R. The quality and construction seemed fine to me; chest, shoulders, arms, everything fitted very nicely. I just had some apprehension about the length of the blazer: it seemed a little too long, even though according to J Crew size chart I should precisely wear a 38R. Any thought on this?post #20136 of 321732/5/13 at 4:08ampost #20137 of 321732/5/13 at 4:10ampost #20138 of 321732/5/13 at 4:12ampost #20139 of 321732/5/13 at 7:58ampost #20140 of 321732/5/13 at 8:02am
If you've already purchased it, then no. The buckle is too casual and an even bigger problem is the obvious branding, which though never good, is in especially poor taste in business environments.
If you've not already purchased it, then don't purchase it.
Apologies for the acerbity of my tone...just....such branding really rubs me the wrong way.post #20141 of 321732/5/13 at 8:54ampost #20142 of 321732/5/13 at 11:39amQuote:
I wouldnt think so seeing as though one of their services is replacing the soles. As long as the cobbler doesn't screw up the rubber half sole, you should be fine.post #20143 of 321732/5/13 at 11:45amQuote:Originally Posted by xxxamazexxx
Hi everyone. I'm new here (even though I've been lurking for a while). Today after class I headed over to J Crew to try on a blazer which I believe was the Ludlow Wool one in 38R. The quality and construction seemed fine to me; chest, shoulders, arms, everything fitted very nicely. I just had some apprehension about the length of the blazer: it seemed a little too long, even though according to J Crew size chart I should precisely wear a 38R. Any thought on this?
You should probably post this in the tailors thread (http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions) but if you were asking me (and i am no expert) it looks long to me and the button stance seems a little low.post #20144 of 321732/5/13 at 11:48amQuote:
According to the AE sales associate I spoke to, this will not disqualify you from recreafting.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Bernie Sanders, trad icon? 3 minutes ago
- › Need Help with Balmain Biker Jeans 3 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford SKYFALL wool navy over coat | size 40 6 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...