Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 3:11 am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:24 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 3/26/15 at 5:35pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:52 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1343post #20131 of 303552/4/13 at 1:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20132 of 303552/4/13 at 2:34pmpost #20133 of 303552/4/13 at 7:33pmQuote:
I use the AE stuff. It's fine and you can get free delivery right from them. Not the best in the world I'm sure, but does the job.post #20134 of 303552/4/13 at 8:30pmpost #20135 of 303552/4/13 at 9:04pmpost #20136 of 303552/4/13 at 9:08pmQuote:
As far as my experiences, the reno is used to help moisturize the shoes. I use it once every 2-3 polishes but I think some people use it even less then me. Its fantastic and will help ease the creases and re-plenish them. The creme is fantastic and is regarded as one of the best shoe cremes available. Occasionally I will add a layer of Saphir wax as well to add an extra shine. Check out "The Hanger Project" for complete product information. Cheers.post #20137 of 303552/4/13 at 10:07pm
Hi everyone. I'm new here (even though I've been lurking for a while). Today after class I headed over to J Crew to try on a blazer which I believe was the Ludlow Wool one in 38R. The quality and construction seemed fine to me; chest, shoulders, arms, everything fitted very nicely. I just had some apprehension about the length of the blazer: it seemed a little too long, even though according to J Crew size chart I should precisely wear a 38R. Any thought on this?post #20138 of 303552/5/13 at 4:08ampost #20139 of 303552/5/13 at 4:10ampost #20140 of 303552/5/13 at 4:12ampost #20141 of 303552/5/13 at 7:58ampost #20142 of 303552/5/13 at 8:02am
If you've already purchased it, then no. The buckle is too casual and an even bigger problem is the obvious branding, which though never good, is in especially poor taste in business environments.
If you've not already purchased it, then don't purchase it.
Apologies for the acerbity of my tone...just....such branding really rubs me the wrong way.post #20143 of 303552/5/13 at 8:54ampost #20144 of 303552/5/13 at 11:39amQuote:
I wouldnt think so seeing as though one of their services is replacing the soles. As long as the cobbler doesn't screw up the rubber half sole, you should be fine.post #20145 of 303552/5/13 at 11:45amQuote:Originally Posted by xxxamazexxx
Hi everyone. I'm new here (even though I've been lurking for a while). Today after class I headed over to J Crew to try on a blazer which I believe was the Ludlow Wool one in 38R. The quality and construction seemed fine to me; chest, shoulders, arms, everything fitted very nicely. I just had some apprehension about the length of the blazer: it seemed a little too long, even though according to J Crew size chart I should precisely wear a 38R. Any thought on this?
You should probably post this in the tailors thread (http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions) but if you were asking me (and i am no expert) it looks long to me and the button stance seems a little low.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Tailcoat options and considerations 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...