Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:25 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 12:28 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1343post #20131 of 310782/4/13 at 1:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20132 of 310782/4/13 at 2:34pmpost #20133 of 310782/4/13 at 7:33pmQuote:
I use the AE stuff. It's fine and you can get free delivery right from them. Not the best in the world I'm sure, but does the job.post #20134 of 310782/4/13 at 8:30pmpost #20135 of 310782/4/13 at 9:04pmpost #20136 of 310782/4/13 at 9:08pmQuote:
As far as my experiences, the reno is used to help moisturize the shoes. I use it once every 2-3 polishes but I think some people use it even less then me. Its fantastic and will help ease the creases and re-plenish them. The creme is fantastic and is regarded as one of the best shoe cremes available. Occasionally I will add a layer of Saphir wax as well to add an extra shine. Check out "The Hanger Project" for complete product information. Cheers.post #20137 of 310782/4/13 at 10:07pm
Hi everyone. I'm new here (even though I've been lurking for a while). Today after class I headed over to J Crew to try on a blazer which I believe was the Ludlow Wool one in 38R. The quality and construction seemed fine to me; chest, shoulders, arms, everything fitted very nicely. I just had some apprehension about the length of the blazer: it seemed a little too long, even though according to J Crew size chart I should precisely wear a 38R. Any thought on this?post #20138 of 310782/5/13 at 4:08ampost #20139 of 310782/5/13 at 4:10ampost #20140 of 310782/5/13 at 4:12ampost #20141 of 310782/5/13 at 7:58ampost #20142 of 310782/5/13 at 8:02am
If you've already purchased it, then no. The buckle is too casual and an even bigger problem is the obvious branding, which though never good, is in especially poor taste in business environments.
If you've not already purchased it, then don't purchase it.
Apologies for the acerbity of my tone...just....such branding really rubs me the wrong way.post #20143 of 310782/5/13 at 8:54ampost #20144 of 310782/5/13 at 11:39amQuote:
I wouldnt think so seeing as though one of their services is replacing the soles. As long as the cobbler doesn't screw up the rubber half sole, you should be fine.post #20145 of 310782/5/13 at 11:45amQuote:Originally Posted by xxxamazexxx
Hi everyone. I'm new here (even though I've been lurking for a while). Today after class I headed over to J Crew to try on a blazer which I believe was the Ludlow Wool one in 38R. The quality and construction seemed fine to me; chest, shoulders, arms, everything fitted very nicely. I just had some apprehension about the length of the blazer: it seemed a little too long, even though according to J Crew size chart I should precisely wear a 38R. Any thought on this?
You should probably post this in the tailors thread (http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions) but if you were asking me (and i am no expert) it looks long to me and the button stance seems a little low.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 9 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 39 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...