Thanks for the help. Does anyone know where I can go to find some slim fitting sweaters ? Something $50 or under
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 11:33 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Today
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Today
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1342
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20117 of 321732/3/13 at 1:09pmpost #20118 of 321732/3/13 at 1:15pmpost #20119 of 321732/3/13 at 1:19pmQuote:
You could be buying them a size too large.
For context, I am 6'4" 190 lb and almost always wear a medium sweater.
Other options, beside the ralph lauren, would be uniqlo, jcrew (which has a slim fit in addition to their regular fit) or even brooks brothers when on sale. One of the downsides of cheaper wool sweaters will be pretty bad pilling that will happy pretty quickly. You can get "merino" wool sweaters at target for about $20, but you get approximately 3 wears before they look like sh*t.
I would say wait for a BB sale and try and grab one of those. If you have a store you can try them on in, so much the better.
Also, in general JCrew > BR.
^avoid the stupid pony logopost #20120 of 321732/3/13 at 3:48pmpost #20121 of 321732/3/13 at 4:30pmThanks for the advice cptjeff & E,TF. Both make some good points. I've considered a linen or linen woll blend as well. I'll look into both when I finally decide to pull the trigger on a summer suit. I can see how cotton would be more casual though. I think it would be ok for most of the outdoor weddings I have been to.
Thanks again.post #20122 of 321732/3/13 at 4:51pmpost #20123 of 321732/3/13 at 4:54pmpost #20124 of 321732/3/13 at 9:36pmpost #20125 of 321732/3/13 at 9:56pmQuote:Quote:
And the answer is, without a tie, a button down collar, like you'd find on your typical Oxford cloth shirt (OCBD stands for Oxford Cloth Button Down, by the way, Button Down referring to the collar). With a tie, anything works.post #20126 of 321732/3/13 at 11:17pm
What type of Balmoral boots do you prefer?
I'm not sure whether the first (Edward Green Galway) is called Balmoral or not due to its open lacing. I just want to know which type do you like in the three types given. The significant difference is the material of the ankle part (leather, grain leather and suede). I would go for the suede but is it right that the whole leather boot is more formal than the others? And the grain leather is the most casual amid three types?post #20127 of 321732/4/13 at 8:52amQuote:Originally Posted by azumi
What type of Balmoral boots do you prefer? hide (Click to show)
I like the second the best out of the three. Not thrilled about the different leather on the first and the derby construction. You are right that the first boots are not balmorals.post #20128 of 321732/4/13 at 12:42pmpost #20129 of 321732/4/13 at 1:16pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 seconds ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 51 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 58 seconds ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 1 minute ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 1 minute ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 2 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 9 minutes ago
- › The Madras Shirt thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...