Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 7:24 am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:52 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: Today
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1335
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20012 of 303691/28/13 at 10:15ampost #20013 of 303691/28/13 at 11:16amhttp://www.thetiebar.com/categoryPages/Wool_Pocket_Squares.asppost #20014 of 303691/28/13 at 11:21amQuote:Originally Posted by azumi
Good evening (Because it's evening here )
Today I have two question that need you to enlighten for me:
1. Is it a compulsion to wear a tie that match a pocket square in term of colour, fabric etc?
2. In a tropical summer, can I wear a tie with a dress shirt without a suit jacket? Does it look ludicrous?
These are the two ugliest mistakes you can make in regards to fashion. I absolutely HATE these two things.
Why in the world do you have to match your pocket square like a girl? Your square should look like something you just randomly threw in there.
Some good combos:
- purple with green
- blue with orange/yellow/pink/brownpost #20015 of 303691/28/13 at 1:48pmpost #20016 of 303691/28/13 at 2:23pmpost #20017 of 303691/28/13 at 3:05pmCould someone/anyone help me with a question in regards to bow ties. I'm new here so take it easy on me. Lol
Where could I get the measurement liner that is sewn into a freestyle bow tie? I want to make some bow ties for friends and family but I want to put the measure tape/liner inside. Does anyone know?post #20018 of 303691/28/13 at 4:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Unfortunately I say return it. Worsted pants with a flannel jacket would look bad. The style is ok for an odd jacket, it is passable, however the color is very hard to pair with odd trousers. See if you can shop around at different locations for the pants, or even keep checking ebay or something to see if they pop up.
What's wrong with worsted pants/ flannel jacket? I'm not doubting you; I'm just having a hard time picturing the problem.post #20019 of 303691/29/13 at 6:27amQuote:
What city in the US are you visiting? If you can find something at Brooks Brothers on sale you can get one for about $500. Avoid Mens Wearhouse at all costs.post #20020 of 303691/29/13 at 10:50ampost #20021 of 303691/29/13 at 12:21pmQuote:
There are many variables, but it depends on your body. If you are slim and have small shoulders you could be a small, but if you have broad shoulders, a long torso, etc you might need med. If you can't decide you can buy both and return one.post #20022 of 303691/29/13 at 12:30pmpost #20023 of 303691/29/13 at 12:36pmQuote:
Thank you for answering.
I'm not very muscular so I guess my shoulders are pretty small. When it comes to shirts I usually use custom S or M slim fit (PRL). The problem with sweaters in size S is that they risk getting a bit to short. As I said I'm 6'. Do you reckon a S J. Crew would be long enough :)?post #20024 of 303691/29/13 at 3:23pmpost #20025 of 303691/29/13 at 3:33pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 38 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › TUKI over pants balloon style - like Engineered Garments - Large -... 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...