Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 5:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1335post #20011 of 321901/28/13 at 11:16am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20012 of 321901/28/13 at 11:21amQuote:Originally Posted by azumi
Good evening (Because it's evening here )
Today I have two question that need you to enlighten for me:
1. Is it a compulsion to wear a tie that match a pocket square in term of colour, fabric etc?
2. In a tropical summer, can I wear a tie with a dress shirt without a suit jacket? Does it look ludicrous?
These are the two ugliest mistakes you can make in regards to fashion. I absolutely HATE these two things.
Why in the world do you have to match your pocket square like a girl? Your square should look like something you just randomly threw in there.
Some good combos:
- purple with green
- blue with orange/yellow/pink/brownpost #20013 of 321901/28/13 at 1:48pmpost #20014 of 321901/28/13 at 2:23pmpost #20015 of 321901/28/13 at 3:05pmCould someone/anyone help me with a question in regards to bow ties. I'm new here so take it easy on me. Lol
Where could I get the measurement liner that is sewn into a freestyle bow tie? I want to make some bow ties for friends and family but I want to put the measure tape/liner inside. Does anyone know?post #20016 of 321901/28/13 at 4:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Unfortunately I say return it. Worsted pants with a flannel jacket would look bad. The style is ok for an odd jacket, it is passable, however the color is very hard to pair with odd trousers. See if you can shop around at different locations for the pants, or even keep checking ebay or something to see if they pop up.
What's wrong with worsted pants/ flannel jacket? I'm not doubting you; I'm just having a hard time picturing the problem.post #20017 of 321901/29/13 at 6:27amQuote:
What city in the US are you visiting? If you can find something at Brooks Brothers on sale you can get one for about $500. Avoid Mens Wearhouse at all costs.post #20018 of 321901/29/13 at 10:50ampost #20019 of 321901/29/13 at 12:21pmQuote:
There are many variables, but it depends on your body. If you are slim and have small shoulders you could be a small, but if you have broad shoulders, a long torso, etc you might need med. If you can't decide you can buy both and return one.post #20020 of 321901/29/13 at 12:30pmpost #20021 of 321901/29/13 at 12:36pmQuote:
Thank you for answering.
I'm not very muscular so I guess my shoulders are pretty small. When it comes to shirts I usually use custom S or M slim fit (PRL). The problem with sweaters in size S is that they risk getting a bit to short. As I said I'm 6'. Do you reckon a S J. Crew would be long enough :)?post #20022 of 321901/29/13 at 3:23pmpost #20023 of 321901/29/13 at 3:33pmpost #20024 of 321901/29/13 at 5:14pmIs this flannel meant to be tucked in? I never realized how curved the hem is. It's a thicker material so I thought it was more casual considering the pattern. I feel it looks odd. If it should be worn untucked, is this particular one too big on me?
In general what kind of hem do I want to look for in untucked casual shirts? Or should I just take shirts to a tailor and ask for a more casual hem? Not speaking of dress shirts.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 36 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 52 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 7 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 11 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 19 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 22 minutes ago
- › NWT Ermenegildo Zegna Mila Fit Solid Charcoal Grey Multi Season... 34 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 44 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?