Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 7/31/15 at 4:34am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Yesterday at 10:28 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1335
Styleforum Top Pickspost #20012 of 310721/28/13 at 10:15ampost #20013 of 310721/28/13 at 11:16amhttp://www.thetiebar.com/categoryPages/Wool_Pocket_Squares.asppost #20014 of 310721/28/13 at 11:21amQuote:Originally Posted by azumi
Good evening (Because it's evening here )
Today I have two question that need you to enlighten for me:
1. Is it a compulsion to wear a tie that match a pocket square in term of colour, fabric etc?
2. In a tropical summer, can I wear a tie with a dress shirt without a suit jacket? Does it look ludicrous?
These are the two ugliest mistakes you can make in regards to fashion. I absolutely HATE these two things.
Why in the world do you have to match your pocket square like a girl? Your square should look like something you just randomly threw in there.
Some good combos:
- purple with green
- blue with orange/yellow/pink/brownpost #20015 of 310721/28/13 at 1:48pmpost #20016 of 310721/28/13 at 2:23pmpost #20017 of 310721/28/13 at 3:05pmCould someone/anyone help me with a question in regards to bow ties. I'm new here so take it easy on me. Lol
Where could I get the measurement liner that is sewn into a freestyle bow tie? I want to make some bow ties for friends and family but I want to put the measure tape/liner inside. Does anyone know?post #20018 of 310721/28/13 at 4:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Unfortunately I say return it. Worsted pants with a flannel jacket would look bad. The style is ok for an odd jacket, it is passable, however the color is very hard to pair with odd trousers. See if you can shop around at different locations for the pants, or even keep checking ebay or something to see if they pop up.
What's wrong with worsted pants/ flannel jacket? I'm not doubting you; I'm just having a hard time picturing the problem.post #20019 of 310721/29/13 at 6:27amQuote:
What city in the US are you visiting? If you can find something at Brooks Brothers on sale you can get one for about $500. Avoid Mens Wearhouse at all costs.post #20020 of 310721/29/13 at 10:50ampost #20021 of 310721/29/13 at 12:21pmQuote:
There are many variables, but it depends on your body. If you are slim and have small shoulders you could be a small, but if you have broad shoulders, a long torso, etc you might need med. If you can't decide you can buy both and return one.post #20022 of 310721/29/13 at 12:30pmpost #20023 of 310721/29/13 at 12:36pmQuote:
Thank you for answering.
I'm not very muscular so I guess my shoulders are pretty small. When it comes to shirts I usually use custom S or M slim fit (PRL). The problem with sweaters in size S is that they risk getting a bit to short. As I said I'm 6'. Do you reckon a S J. Crew would be long enough :)?post #20024 of 310721/29/13 at 3:23pmpost #20025 of 310721/29/13 at 3:33pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 11 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 17 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 22 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...