Ahh none of this would have happened if i had just read your user name!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 7:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:53 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1328post #19906 of 307131/22/13 at 3:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19907 of 307131/22/13 at 3:42pmpost #19908 of 307131/22/13 at 4:08pmpost #19909 of 307131/22/13 at 4:21pm
Quick Question: I just bought a Navy Baumler suit in Toronto for $700. This is the only suit I have in Canada. I realize it's fused but still, any comment on the label that I can find is always positive regarding fabric, construction, and durability (and as I'm a contractor this suit will not be getting worn very often at all). So the question is, is $700 for a Baumler a solid purchase, a terrible mistake, or, most likely, ... no big deal either way?post #19910 of 307131/22/13 at 4:39pmpost #19911 of 307131/22/13 at 5:15pmQuote:Look harder.
Seriously, how about the one pictured below, from Brooks Bros.? It's currently on sale for half price ($64, instead of $128), if you wear a large. (It's item number Item# MS00259.) Brooks has always carried a few GTH items - pants, jackets, and the occasional sweater.post #19912 of 307131/22/13 at 5:25pmpost #19913 of 307131/22/13 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by meursault42
well you have a few options since this isn't (or rather shouldn't be) formal. To begin, a white shirt with a blue suit always looks classic. Additionally, consider the opposite, more rakish black shirt. After that really the sky is the limit, a lighter blue for a color blocked look. Any complimentary tone, such as a brown (careful could look embarrassingly 70s). Corresponding tie combos in order of preference, white with red, then lighter shade of blue, then repp. Black none, pop open a button or two and go out like a badass. I could go on but the real answer is to not wear a tie unless you must. A blue shawl collar suit is a party piece and not really office appropriate and should be treated accordingly: casually.
Do not wear a black shirtpost #19914 of 307131/22/13 at 6:00pmpost #19915 of 307131/22/13 at 6:08pmQuote:
Maybe not killing it, but possibly causing the slots to become irreversibly larger.post #19916 of 307131/22/13 at 6:10pmQuote:No. A credit card is roughly 30 thousandths of an inch thick (0.030"). That's comfortably under a millimeter, in metric speak. Around (I'm doing the math in my head here, which is truly dangerous...) 0.85 millimeters.
Wallets are not designed and built to such tight tolerances, nor constructed of such unforgiving materials, that making a slot accommodate an additional 850 microns of card thickness will ruin it. Particularly as most quality wallets are made largely of supple leather, which is inherently a bit... "stretchy" (probably not the precise material science term), and not as dimensionally stable as the platinum/iridium bar by which the meter used to be defined.post #19917 of 307131/22/13 at 6:49pmpost #19918 of 307131/22/13 at 9:27pmpost #19919 of 307131/22/13 at 10:13pmpost #19920 of 307131/22/13 at 10:34pmQuote:
Provided the pant have enough fabric available to let out. I don't know about whether they will look altered though. That's a tough one. It may be dependent on the available fabric in the pants and the skill of the tailor.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 15 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 18 seconds ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 42 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 4 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAY... 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan