Ahh none of this would have happened if i had just read your user name!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 5:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Yesterday at 11:48 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1328post #19906 of 310711/22/13 at 3:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19907 of 310711/22/13 at 3:42pmpost #19908 of 310711/22/13 at 4:08pmpost #19909 of 310711/22/13 at 4:21pm
Quick Question: I just bought a Navy Baumler suit in Toronto for $700. This is the only suit I have in Canada. I realize it's fused but still, any comment on the label that I can find is always positive regarding fabric, construction, and durability (and as I'm a contractor this suit will not be getting worn very often at all). So the question is, is $700 for a Baumler a solid purchase, a terrible mistake, or, most likely, ... no big deal either way?post #19910 of 310711/22/13 at 4:39pmpost #19911 of 310711/22/13 at 5:15pmQuote:Look harder.
Seriously, how about the one pictured below, from Brooks Bros.? It's currently on sale for half price ($64, instead of $128), if you wear a large. (It's item number Item# MS00259.) Brooks has always carried a few GTH items - pants, jackets, and the occasional sweater.post #19912 of 310711/22/13 at 5:25pmpost #19913 of 310711/22/13 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by meursault42
well you have a few options since this isn't (or rather shouldn't be) formal. To begin, a white shirt with a blue suit always looks classic. Additionally, consider the opposite, more rakish black shirt. After that really the sky is the limit, a lighter blue for a color blocked look. Any complimentary tone, such as a brown (careful could look embarrassingly 70s). Corresponding tie combos in order of preference, white with red, then lighter shade of blue, then repp. Black none, pop open a button or two and go out like a badass. I could go on but the real answer is to not wear a tie unless you must. A blue shawl collar suit is a party piece and not really office appropriate and should be treated accordingly: casually.
Do not wear a black shirtpost #19914 of 310711/22/13 at 6:00pmpost #19915 of 310711/22/13 at 6:08pmQuote:
Maybe not killing it, but possibly causing the slots to become irreversibly larger.post #19916 of 310711/22/13 at 6:10pmQuote:No. A credit card is roughly 30 thousandths of an inch thick (0.030"). That's comfortably under a millimeter, in metric speak. Around (I'm doing the math in my head here, which is truly dangerous...) 0.85 millimeters.
Wallets are not designed and built to such tight tolerances, nor constructed of such unforgiving materials, that making a slot accommodate an additional 850 microns of card thickness will ruin it. Particularly as most quality wallets are made largely of supple leather, which is inherently a bit... "stretchy" (probably not the precise material science term), and not as dimensionally stable as the platinum/iridium bar by which the meter used to be defined.post #19917 of 310711/22/13 at 6:49pmpost #19918 of 310711/22/13 at 9:27pmpost #19919 of 310711/22/13 at 10:13pmpost #19920 of 310711/22/13 at 10:34pmQuote:
Provided the pant have enough fabric available to let out. I don't know about whether they will look altered though. That's a tough one. It may be dependent on the available fabric in the pants and the skill of the tailor.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › STEVE ALAN wool lined Waxed cotton Deck Jacket M 8 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 52 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › Burberry Brit or Rag and Bone? 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 9 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...