or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1297

post #19441 of 32185
I said other than original source, thanks. They don't have and won't get my size.
post #19442 of 32185
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil10 View Post

I thought it was Bijan...
Bijan may be very expensive but the more proper notation should be overpriced. His Suits and Sport Coats are made from D'Avenza, but Bijan just triples their price and tweaks some of the details.

Cucinelli and Loro Piana are up there, but across the board Kiton and Stefano Ricci are I think the most expensive.
post #19443 of 32185
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

I said other than original source, thanks. They don't have and won't get my size.

Find a store that carries the size you want to try?
post #19444 of 32185
Could someone help me with ID'ing these items?

First is a gorgeous SC by Carroll and Company (Xenos?) but it's made in England. Any idea who made this?

The second is a SC made by Paul Stuart. Is this the Isaia for Paul Stuart? If not, it says Made in Italy and PS has their stuff made here ...

Last is a pair of shoes. The writing says "Made in ____" then "London , New York, Paris" then "Custom Grade Leather Uppers Leather Soles"

Cheers





post #19445 of 32185

I picked up this Kiton tie from Saks, I realized that the interlining stops before the end of the tie, and as the tie is untipped, you can notice where the interlining stops by looking at the front of the tie, is this common? Also I can't seem to find the "made in... ect" tag which I find weird. 

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

post #19446 of 32185
Unfortunately lost my wallet last week. Looking to get something new, namely between shell cordovan and alligator. Are there any pros/cons or opinions on the two? I'm looking for something that can carry 5-6 cards but not necessarily any cash, so I'm thinking card case or slim billfold. Really like the patina cordovan develops but gator is always great. Thanks.
post #19447 of 32185
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGalt View Post

Unfortunately lost my wallet last week. Looking to get something new, namely between shell cordovan and alligator. Are there any pros/cons or opinions on the two? I'm looking for something that can carry 5-6 cards but not necessarily any cash, so I'm thinking card case or slim billfold. Really like the patina cordovan develops but gator is always great. Thanks.
'

Alligator is more fragile, and harder to maintain. That said Alligator wallets are my favorites, although you get what you pay for. The cheaper ones will likely fall apart quickly.
post #19448 of 32185

How much should I expect to pay for having breast pockets removed from dress shirts?

post #19449 of 32185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase H View Post

How much should I expect to pay for having breast pockets removed from dress shirts?


Would recommend doing this yourself. Requires more care than skill or knowhow but requires a liberal amount of patience. There are a few threads already discussing how to remove the pocket without damaging the shirt.
post #19450 of 32185
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4lnamja View Post

Could someone help me with ID'ing these items?
First is a gorgeous SC by Carroll and Company (Xenos?) but it's made in England. Any idea who made this?
The second is a SC made by Paul Stuart. Is this the Isaia for Paul Stuart? If not, it says Made in Italy and PS has their stuff made here ...
Last is a pair of shoes. The writing says "Made in ____" then "London , New York, Paris" then "Custom Grade Leather Uppers Leather Soles"
Cheers

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 

 

The shoes are Church's:

 

post #19451 of 32185

Is it considered rude to not buy a suit after getting help from a sales associate/tailor trying on many suits?

post #19452 of 32185
No.
post #19453 of 32185
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezx3000 View Post

I picked up this Kiton tie from Saks, I realized that the interlining stops before the end of the tie, and as the tie is untipped, you can notice where the interlining stops by looking at the front of the tie, is this common? Also I can't seem to find the "made in... ect" tag which I find weird. 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
700


700


700

I have a fair number where the interlining doesn't go all the way down, though most still have a lining in the tip. Not all though- I have a Polo tie that's constructed almost exactly like that. It's also not a grenadine, so you can't see the interlining through the fabric. I presume that that's only really visible with flash...
post #19454 of 32185

Just picked up my first MTM suit. Super 150s Navy blue. Sorry camera phone pic.

 

height: 5'8-5'9.

33-34 waist

OTR I usually fit in a 40R slims suits. Sometimes can pull off 38R non slim..

 

A have a decent V shape/traps from working out aka pullups/deadlifts. The suit fits great everywhere but i'm questioning the shoulder fitment as it looks a bit odd. When I brought it up with the tailor said he gave me a bit more shoulder room because my shoulders are very broad.

 

Are the shoulders too whack esp. for an MTM full canvas suit?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #19455 of 32185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post

Is it considered rude to not buy a suit after getting help from a sales associate/tailor trying on many suits?


Pingu,

Are you shopping at a department store in the States?  If so, the salesman may treat you like you have been rude for wasting his time- since they work on commission or at least receive bonus pay for meeting their monthly sales quota.

However, if you didn't find anything that you liked you are in no way obliged to spend your money.  As long as you are polite and treat the salesman with respect you have not been rude- rather, you have been discerning. 
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)