or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1296

post #19426 of 30357

Thank you dragon8.

 

Another question fine sirs, being new to this I hadn't even looked at eBay for suits in the past, but in looking through the site for the first time for this purpose, found some retailers (example http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mens-Kenneth-Cole-Light-Gray-Tic-Slim-Fit-Wool-Suit-/400377749591?pt=US_CSA_MC_Suits&var=&hash=item9c027c05f7) with a reasonable return policy.

 

Any glaring issues with that particular suit, just as an example, other than likely needing to have some waist suppression done? The color is a bit off, but just as an example from which to have feedback. To my novice eye I dont see anything terribly wrong, but admittedly I am quite a novice so would be curious as to what more experienced eyes would have to say.

 

Are there red flags, other than what common sense would suggest (i.e. obviously avoiding those with only few items sold, negative feedback) regarding using ebay for suits?

 

Thank you

post #19427 of 30357

Got one tough question: Any recommendation for women's high-quality shoes? Goodyear welt ones I mean. I did some research and found very few brands, meermin's women's shoes seem to be good, and cheap enough, but doesn't have small size, and has only 3 styles. JL does make women's shoes but too expensive and troublesome to get. Brooks Brothers Black Fleece seem to have a few welt women's shoes, priced around 500, and don't have sized smaller than 6. Are there brands similar to meermin, and easy to obtain? Thanks!

post #19428 of 30357

This was my first expensive purchase at least for me it was.  I'm new at buying better quality shoes so I don't know whether I made a good purchase.  I'm a teacher and wear wool dress pants with sweaters in the winter and khakis when it gets warmer.  I want to upgrade my shoe collection and buy two more pairs to go with what I wear, but not sure which styles or colors of shoes I should get. I tried on these shoes at Nordstroms and really liked the way they felt and purchased them for $345.00.  What do you think? Can they be resoled in the future?  I can still return them.

 

http://www.taigan.com/shops/bobellisshoes/items/29215-santoni-mens-quest-34919-tan-burnished-goatskin-loafer-by-santoni

 

 

I purchased these shoes in black before I found out that Kenneth Cole is not very good.  I can always sell them on ebay.

 

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/kenneth-cole-reaction-shoes-key-note-moc-toe-loafers?ID=228131&CategoryID=3151#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D110%26ruleId%3D5%26slotId%3D12

 

The two shoes above are my newest.  I do not own any lace ups and the rest of my shoes are old and unfashionable.  I can afford to spend about $300.00 each for my next two pairs. What would you recommend? I plan on visiting Nordstrom The Rack and Neiman Marcus Last Call tomorrow.

post #19429 of 30357

Neither the creases nor the needle holes will ever totally disappear, but if they're for wearing to a pasta house, you may well be satisfied with the result.  If the end of the pant leg is not now frayed, then there is no reason to believe simply rolling the hem down will fray the ends.  Do keep in mind, though, a longer pant leg will brush your shoes (or the ground) and will begin to fray.  It depends on just how good you expect to look in chinos.  Try it.  You've nothing to lose.  The worst that happens is you're not happy and buy another pair at Costco.

post #19430 of 30357

Florsheim, Johnston Murphy, Allen Edmunds.  If you require extreme comfort or stand all day, try SAS, Ecco, or Mephisto.  Look for a shoe you can polish with ease, especially if you get dressed before the sun rises, and shoe polishing is a chore you squeeze in between rising and leaving for work.
 

post #19431 of 30357

I've recently bought a topman Fudge Marl kangaroo hoodie to be exact.

The problem was that when it was hand washed with cold water, just simply washing the jacket soaked in cold water, after it was hung up to dry, the color started dripping downwards and it caused the zip (originally white) to turn reddish. it's really obvious that the color actually spread to the zips. And the hoodie itself actually has this white part around the collar, it also turned reddish.

The first time it happened I went back to exchange, but after heeding the advice of the person there, it still happened the second time.

The person said I was the only one who came back because of such a problem and to be honest, my friends who has the same type of hoodie just different colors, never seemed to have this issue.

What should I do? :/

post #19432 of 30357

men 22 y.o with white shoes or black shoes?

post #19433 of 30357
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesPak View Post

Thank you dragon8.

Another question fine sirs, being new to this I hadn't even looked at eBay for suits in the past, but in looking through the site for the first time for this purpose, found some retailers (example http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mens-Kenneth-Cole-Light-Gray-Tic-Slim-Fit-Wool-Suit-/400377749591?pt=US_CSA_MC_Suits&var=&hash=item9c027c05f7) with a reasonable return policy.

Any glaring issues with that particular suit, just as an example, other than likely needing to have some waist suppression done? The color is a bit off, but just as an example from which to have feedback. To my novice eye I dont see anything terribly wrong, but admittedly I am quite a novice so would be curious as to what more experienced eyes would have to say.

Are there red flags, other than what common sense would suggest (i.e. obviously avoiding those with only few items sold, negative feedback) regarding using ebay for suits?

Thank you

The suit is nice and the color is good. go for it.
post #19434 of 30357
....
post #19435 of 30357

What's the most expensive menswear brand?

So far, it stands between Loro Piana and Brunello Cucinelli.

I am just interested in what's the most expensive, and why it is soo expensive. 

post #19436 of 30357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingusberry View Post

What's the most expensive menswear brand?
So far, it stands between Loro Piana and Brunello Cucinelli.
I am just interested in what's the most expensive, and why it is soo expensive. 

Add Kiton to your list.
post #19437 of 30357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingusberry View Post

What's the most expensive menswear brand?

So far, it stands between Loro Piana and Brunello Cucinelli.

I am just interested in what's the most expensive, and why it is soo expensive. 

 

I thought it was Bijan...

post #19438 of 30357
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEYJACKMAN View Post

men 22 y.o with white shoes or black shoes?

black shoes
post #19439 of 30357
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon8 View Post


Add Kiton to your list.

Yeah, I thought about it too, but they aren't marketing the brand as much as LP and BC. 

post #19440 of 30357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingusberry View Post

Yeah, I thought about it too, but they aren't marketing the brand as much as LP and BC. 

LP and BC are mainly known for their cashmere and its the best cashmere out there. Kiton is just expensive all the way around and They market their brand like crazy. That's why they're so expensive.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)