Pretty sure those are Rose & Burn's from their Spring 2012 colleciton. You can catch a glimpse of them here: http://roseborn.com/magazine/spring-summer-2012-1 at 1:25 in the video.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 1:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1294post #19397 of 3301912/30/12 at 1:09amQuote:Originally Posted by azima
Hey guys - not sure if this is the right place to ask, but where is this Practical Thoughts on Coherent Combinations for Beginners thread that's raved about. I can't find it here, and the links that are all over the web, can't link to it because apparently it's no longer available? is there an archived thread or something?
That thread was removed permanently.post #19398 of 3301912/30/12 at 4:28am
Getting a cheap MTM done. First/only suit - only gonna wear it 3-4x a year and I'll probably outgrow it within 2 years. Or less. Used primarily for social occasions + possible business interviews.
Color of choice is dark navy. Solid or subtle herringbone?
I kind of like the herringbone, most people say go solid for your first suit though. Would be paired with dark brown/oxblood captoe medallions and plain white/light blue shirts and 1-2 different non-flashy basic (grenadine, knit, etc) ties - probably in various shades of blue.post #19399 of 3301912/30/12 at 4:34am
First post here, combined with bad English, so please have patient with me :-)
I have tried dozens of suits but none fits my narrow shoulders accept of Caruso suits.
But there is only one shop in my city that sells this brand and the price is around 1200 euro.
When i look http://www.yoox.com/se/men/shoponline/caruso_d#/d=1907&c=73&dept=men&gender=U&page=1&season=E there are many Caruso suits for great prizes. The suit i tried was a 48R, 8 drop with an Italian shoulder.
Is 8 in drop a standard drop?, can i count that all Caruso's at yoox has 8 in drop?
Is Italian shoulder valid for all this yoox-Caruso's? I cant figure this out without written information.
Isnt suits timeless? Shouldnt the suits at yoox be "a steal" compared to the price at my local shop?
Is the color on the suits at yoox trustworthy? i.e., is the grey shown on the screen the same in reality (or brighter/darker)?
Is it any other brand in this pricerange that offers light/none-padded shoulders? I have a cc-corneliani suits whit slightly padded shoulders. This one is OK but its a huge difference/feel of quality between Carusos fitting vs cc.post #19400 of 3301912/30/12 at 6:25ampost #19401 of 3301912/30/12 at 6:39am
Awesome, thanks - forgot about that.
I'm thinking about possibly switching over to a mid-grey color suit but I feel that would be nicer in a wooly flannel type material (again, season-limited). Probably just gonna end up sticking to Navy, just gotta avoid being overly matchy matchy with the ties....post #19402 of 3301912/30/12 at 9:07ampost #19403 of 3301912/30/12 at 1:23pm
RP from another thread, in which perhaps this was incorrectly submitted. Recently acquired a BB Fitzgerald suit - the shoulders in a 40S fit well in terms of the width of the shoulders themselves, but the sleeves both had an indentation roughly in the area of the upper tricep / rear deltoid where my arm just didn't fill the sleeve - i.e. the actual width of the shoulders themselves was fine, but the sleeve itself seemed a bit loose, right at the top in the rear area only.
The tailor at the store said the only way to fix it would be to widen the shoulders themselves so as to drape the material straight down and avoid the dimple, which I thought would just look worse. He said this indentation was typical and not really avoidable. Might anyone be able to tell me if this is fixable (or if its not a big deal?)? I've done my best to demonstrate on another picture (from me from the tailor thread on a pre-alteration jacket). The fit is not-at-all similar, I merely used the picture as a means of demonstrating the location of the issue, which is about the same size as the drawn-on oval, and a slightly indented area which my posterior upper arm just doesn't fill out. Thank you.post #19404 of 3301912/30/12 at 1:51pm
Help IDing my thrift find: Brooks Brothers overcoat
- 100% wool, Lining is 100% Acetate
- Made in Canada
- Single breasted, Buttons hidden under placket
- Fine herringbone (or maybe just the twill weave) in what seems like a Charcoal color
- Flap pockets on outside, Huge (and I mean MASSIVE) patch pocket inside at about hip level
- Felt lining under collar
- Single vented
I see it is a possible match to the "Mason" and "Vernon" top coats on the Brooks Brothers website, but lacking the locker loop on the Chesterfield. Does Acetate = Bemberg? I [obviously] don't have experience with outerwear or these materials!
If anyone is willing to share any knowledge about age, value, etc, I would be very appriceative. Please tell me if I missed some useful details or pictures. Also if I am not posting in the most ideal forum or you have any pointers on a good place to go (AA trad?), please let me know as well!
Thank you for taking the time to read my post!
6'4" for referencepost #19405 of 3301912/30/12 at 1:52pmpost #19406 of 3301912/30/12 at 2:00pmpost #19407 of 3301912/30/12 at 2:54pmpost #19408 of 3301912/30/12 at 3:23pmpost #19409 of 3301912/30/12 at 3:26pm
2942: I would say this is not normal. In purchasing inexpensive knit ties from Century 21 and from thetiebar.com, neither had the issue with stitching. It is likely to be returnable, though if it is not visible on the front and the knot ties reasonably, not sure it is worth the trouble. It would certainly bother me as well though.post #19410 of 3301912/30/12 at 6:07pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 4 minutes ago
- › Grad School Blues 4 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE - JULY 29, 2016 - LOCAL CHALLENGE 5 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Classic Craftsman 7.5G Boots Chestnut 5 minutes ago
- › Viccel.com socks 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding