They're okay if you are tall, since they make the wearer look shorter. They're not as classic and timeless as the 2-button.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 8:52 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/25/15 at 8:33pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1287
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19292 of 3115512/24/12 at 8:55pmpost #19293 of 3115512/24/12 at 9:02pmQuote:
I love 3 button suit and I think they are more timeless than 2 button. It seems to "fill out" the suit better.Quote:
Why go to all that trouble and just not button the top button?post #19294 of 3115512/24/12 at 9:09pmQuote:
Just wondering thoughts on this... I'm a rookie with suits lol so I'm tryna soak up a lot of knowledge here and there. Ill probably keep it 3 button just to have a different look.
Just making sure there isn't a certain occasion to wear it and etcpost #19295 of 3115512/24/12 at 10:47pmQuote:
A 3-button is actually more versatile than a 2-button because you can fasten only the centre button to get a similar button stance, or fasten the top button as well for more formal occasions (or windy days). No special occasion is required of course, but 3-buttons are best with some horsehair canvas in the front to get a good lapel roll. A sharply pressed lapel is murder on the versatility of a 3-button. Tailoring to get the 2-button look is not required. I've got a marvellous 3-button late 50's/early 60's sportcoat in a small black/orange houndstooth with a subtle blue windowpane pattern (trust me, the fabric isn't as loud as it sounds) and it's surprisingly enough become a staple of my day-to-day wardrobe. I just button it wherever my mood dictates and away I go.post #19296 of 3115512/24/12 at 11:26pmI've got a picture of a sport shirt here i'm dying to find the brand of. Any chance anyone might recognize the brand or might be willing to help out? It has a light blue/white check pattern, white inner collar, white trim down the button pannel, and bright blue buttons. Anyone have an idea?
Thanks!post #19297 of 3115512/24/12 at 11:38pmpost #19298 of 3115512/24/12 at 11:42pmpost #19299 of 3115512/25/12 at 2:25pm
I got a great briefcase from a friend. He doesn't remember where he got it and there is no mention of a brand name on it. It only says "City Line" on the front and there is an inscription on the inside that says "citare questo numero incaso di reclamo 3". It also says "made in italy" on the zippers. The leather feels great and I'm just curious whether anyone can point me towards the maker?post #19300 of 3115512/25/12 at 3:35pmpost #19301 of 3115512/25/12 at 3:38pmpost #19302 of 3115512/25/12 at 3:48pmpost #19303 of 3115512/25/12 at 4:02pmpost #19304 of 3115512/25/12 at 5:54pm
New here. My name is Kyle. I have been trying to track down this jacket, or a jacket similar. I trekked throughout Italy in hope to find it, but to no avail. Can anyone locate me to a model similar to this? Also I have interest in the scarf as well.
And one more thing, anyone know where I can find a pair of shoes similar to these? My budge is tight so I'm looking for something under $150.
Thanks in advance.post #19305 of 3115512/25/12 at 9:13pmHi Kyle,
The sport coat looks like a Cucinelli or Canali Kei. If you're budget conscience, I've seen Corneliani diffusion sport coats in a similar style; take a look on eBay.
For the boots I'd check out AE. They're having a clearance which includes boots similar to the one in your pic.
Welcome to SF.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Viberg Boots 1 second ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 38 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 4 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015