They're okay if you are tall, since they make the wearer look shorter. They're not as classic and timeless as the 2-button.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 7/2/15 at 4:16am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 8:07 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 10:11 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1287
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19292 of 3095412/24/12 at 8:55pmpost #19293 of 3095412/24/12 at 9:02pmQuote:
I love 3 button suit and I think they are more timeless than 2 button. It seems to "fill out" the suit better.Quote:
Why go to all that trouble and just not button the top button?post #19294 of 3095412/24/12 at 9:09pmQuote:
Just wondering thoughts on this... I'm a rookie with suits lol so I'm tryna soak up a lot of knowledge here and there. Ill probably keep it 3 button just to have a different look.
Just making sure there isn't a certain occasion to wear it and etcpost #19295 of 3095412/24/12 at 10:47pmQuote:
A 3-button is actually more versatile than a 2-button because you can fasten only the centre button to get a similar button stance, or fasten the top button as well for more formal occasions (or windy days). No special occasion is required of course, but 3-buttons are best with some horsehair canvas in the front to get a good lapel roll. A sharply pressed lapel is murder on the versatility of a 3-button. Tailoring to get the 2-button look is not required. I've got a marvellous 3-button late 50's/early 60's sportcoat in a small black/orange houndstooth with a subtle blue windowpane pattern (trust me, the fabric isn't as loud as it sounds) and it's surprisingly enough become a staple of my day-to-day wardrobe. I just button it wherever my mood dictates and away I go.post #19296 of 3095412/24/12 at 11:26pmI've got a picture of a sport shirt here i'm dying to find the brand of. Any chance anyone might recognize the brand or might be willing to help out? It has a light blue/white check pattern, white inner collar, white trim down the button pannel, and bright blue buttons. Anyone have an idea?
Thanks!post #19297 of 3095412/24/12 at 11:38pmpost #19298 of 3095412/24/12 at 11:42pmpost #19299 of 3095412/25/12 at 2:25pm
I got a great briefcase from a friend. He doesn't remember where he got it and there is no mention of a brand name on it. It only says "City Line" on the front and there is an inscription on the inside that says "citare questo numero incaso di reclamo 3". It also says "made in italy" on the zippers. The leather feels great and I'm just curious whether anyone can point me towards the maker?post #19300 of 3095412/25/12 at 3:35pmpost #19301 of 3095412/25/12 at 3:38pmpost #19302 of 3095412/25/12 at 3:48pmpost #19303 of 3095412/25/12 at 4:02pmpost #19304 of 3095412/25/12 at 5:54pm
New here. My name is Kyle. I have been trying to track down this jacket, or a jacket similar. I trekked throughout Italy in hope to find it, but to no avail. Can anyone locate me to a model similar to this? Also I have interest in the scarf as well.
And one more thing, anyone know where I can find a pair of shoes similar to these? My budge is tight so I'm looking for something under $150.
Thanks in advance.post #19305 of 3095412/25/12 at 9:13pmHi Kyle,
The sport coat looks like a Cucinelli or Canali Kei. If you're budget conscience, I've seen Corneliani diffusion sport coats in a similar style; take a look on eBay.
For the boots I'd check out AE. They're having a clearance which includes boots similar to the one in your pic.
Welcome to SF.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 seconds ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 3 minutes ago
- › New Brioni and Loro Piana Ties 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 6 minutes ago
- › Opinion on this purchase 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 minutes ago
- › Wide and Extra-Wide GMTO Shoe Ideas 11 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 13 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...