Possibly during brooks brothers after Christmas sale. Supposedly, if you get there before noon in the 26, you get an extra 15% off
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:25 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 12:28 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1282post #19216 of 3107812/20/12 at 3:41am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19217 of 3107812/20/12 at 7:04am
Scotchgard(TM) Protectors are not recommended for use on velvet. Velvet can be made of many different materials such as silk, cotton, nylon, polyester,and acetate, and there is no way of knowing which of these materials are in velvet slippers. From our testing, we have found that Scotchgard could cause dye bleed, lay down the the nap of the fabric, or leave white spots behind. We unfortunately do not have a protector for velvet at this time.
Please see our website for products we do carry at www.scotchgard.compost #19218 of 3107812/20/12 at 7:23ampost #19219 of 3107812/20/12 at 7:25ampost #19220 of 3107812/20/12 at 11:52amQuote:Originally Posted by daveedoe
QUESTION: I found a really great deal on a John Varvatos slim cut 2-piece suit at Nordstrom Rack recently ($170, down from $795). It fits very well and I like it, but I'm not sure if it's really in style and even worth the $170 I paid for it. The first reason I'm unsure of it is that it has a peaked lapel. I like the peaked lapel, but don't really see them in use ever. Next, it's a light grey ghost pinstripe, which I also don't really see, but do like. My concerns are, first, will the material pattern be too distracting and will I look outdated? Second, will I look like I'm trying to be a pimp? Your responses are certainly appreciated. Be brutally honest. I can still return it for a full refund. Also, if you think it's worth hanging onto, what color and style shoes would you recommend?
If you have other suits that you can wear when you need to be more conservative then I would keep it.post #19221 of 3107812/20/12 at 12:01pmpost #19222 of 3107812/20/12 at 12:11pmpost #19223 of 3107812/20/12 at 12:22pmpost #19224 of 3107812/20/12 at 12:41pmI'm expecting a jacket from Italy, I'm in the UK. It was sent via Posta Raccomandata Internazionale 2 weeks ago and still hasn't arrived. Does anyone have experience with them or know how long it should usually take to get a parcel to the UK using this service? I expect that it's probably taking a little longer with it being Christmas.
Thanks.post #19225 of 3107812/20/12 at 12:52pmpost #19226 of 3107812/20/12 at 1:18pmQuote:I don't know if it's the third worst in the world (although I'd have no trouble believing that it is). I do know that I'd never trust the Italian postal system with anything more important than a post card.
I hope your jacket arrives safely, drtchock. And I suppose it might. Eventually. Maybe. But I'd have paid extra for something like FedEx or DHL, rather than taking the crapshoot that is the Italian postal service.post #19227 of 3107812/20/12 at 3:04pmQuote:
Well they are made for being worn outside the house...post #19228 of 3107812/20/12 at 4:59pmpost #19229 of 3107812/20/12 at 5:05pmQuote:
This explains Ambrosi Napoli
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Friday Fit Challenge 7/8 "The Black and white Challenge" 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...