I personally wouldn't worry about creases in your shoes as long as the rest is shined properly. It's true that the creases on your square-toed shoes there are a little oddly placed, but you shouldn't worry too much about them. Deep creases are signs of an active wearer, and are akin to battle scars on an antique bayonet. Wear your heavily creased shoes with pride.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:05 am in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 9:11 am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 3/29/15 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:46 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: Yesterday
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1281
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19202 of 3036912/19/12 at 9:39ampost #19203 of 3036912/19/12 at 10:59amQuote:The Tie Bar carries many conservative grey ties. I think they're color categorized as "silver." And may be listed as "traditional," rather than "conservative," in the "By Style" drop-down menu.TheTieBar did not appear to have any conservative Gray ties (another recommendation I read).Quote:It doesn't do anything for me (I just don't much care for the powder blue stripes), but I wouldn't call it fundamentally horrible. If you like it, go ahead and buy it. Nothing inherently wrong with a twill in those shades.Is this one good?
I'd probably rather go for the very similar Classic Twill - Navy/Light Champagne (sku #12302), than for the tie you listed (Classic Twill - Navy/Powder, sku #12310), simply because the powder blue doesn't really appeal to me all that much, and I'd prefer bringing in a subdued second color (light champagne) to pairing a blue and blue tie with a blue suit. But that's just me.Quote:So many ties, in so many colors, can go perfectly well with a solid navy suit, that I'd rather not start recommending specific examples. But if you want a grey (silver) tie, from The Tie Bar (which, I agree, is a good source for affordable neckwear), go search for something traditional, in silk, with either stripes or dots, and choose from the many dozens of ties with which you'll be presented. If you need it narrowed down even further, you can specify from the drop-down menu's "By Matching Suit" option that it goes with a navy suit.I cannot afford anything too expensive, and I was looking for conservative alternatives to the Burgundy (already have one) for a solid navy blue interview suit.
Michaelpost #19204 of 3036912/19/12 at 1:39pmpost #19205 of 3036912/19/12 at 1:57pmpost #19206 of 3036912/19/12 at 3:47pmpost #19207 of 3036912/19/12 at 9:04pmQuote:
The dimple master (Spoo) ties his exactly as this videopost #19208 of 3036912/19/12 at 9:21pmpost #19209 of 3036912/19/12 at 9:48pmpost #19210 of 3036912/19/12 at 9:55pmpost #19211 of 3036912/19/12 at 9:58pmpost #19212 of 3036912/19/12 at 10:10pmQuote:
So just a button attached via a loop on its back, rather than a set of holes through which the stitching is pushed?post #19213 of 3036912/19/12 at 10:15pmpost #19214 of 3036912/19/12 at 10:52pm
QUESTION: I found a really great deal on a John Varvatos slim cut 2-piece suit at Nordstrom Rack recently ($170, down from $795). It fits very well and I like it, but I'm not sure if it's really in style and even worth the $170 I paid for it. The first reason I'm unsure of it is that it has a peaked lapel. I like the peaked lapel, but don't really see them in use ever. Next, it's a light grey ghost pinstripe, which I also don't really see, but do like. My concerns are, first, will the material pattern be too distracting and will I look outdated? Second, will I look like I'm trying to be a pimp? Your responses are certainly appreciated. Be brutally honest. I can still return it for a full refund. Also, if you think it's worth hanging onto, what color and style shoes would you recommend?
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 29 seconds ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 49 seconds ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Shell Cordovan Cigar, Whiskey, Color 8 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Azzuraa Bespoke Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...