I personally wouldn't worry about creases in your shoes as long as the rest is shined properly. It's true that the creases on your square-toed shoes there are a little oddly placed, but you shouldn't worry too much about them. Deep creases are signs of an active wearer, and are akin to battle scars on an antique bayonet. Wear your heavily creased shoes with pride.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:14 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Today at 6:11 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 8:13 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:29 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1281
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19202 of 3095612/19/12 at 9:39ampost #19203 of 3095612/19/12 at 10:59amQuote:The Tie Bar carries many conservative grey ties. I think they're color categorized as "silver." And may be listed as "traditional," rather than "conservative," in the "By Style" drop-down menu.TheTieBar did not appear to have any conservative Gray ties (another recommendation I read).Quote:It doesn't do anything for me (I just don't much care for the powder blue stripes), but I wouldn't call it fundamentally horrible. If you like it, go ahead and buy it. Nothing inherently wrong with a twill in those shades.Is this one good?
I'd probably rather go for the very similar Classic Twill - Navy/Light Champagne (sku #12302), than for the tie you listed (Classic Twill - Navy/Powder, sku #12310), simply because the powder blue doesn't really appeal to me all that much, and I'd prefer bringing in a subdued second color (light champagne) to pairing a blue and blue tie with a blue suit. But that's just me.Quote:So many ties, in so many colors, can go perfectly well with a solid navy suit, that I'd rather not start recommending specific examples. But if you want a grey (silver) tie, from The Tie Bar (which, I agree, is a good source for affordable neckwear), go search for something traditional, in silk, with either stripes or dots, and choose from the many dozens of ties with which you'll be presented. If you need it narrowed down even further, you can specify from the drop-down menu's "By Matching Suit" option that it goes with a navy suit.I cannot afford anything too expensive, and I was looking for conservative alternatives to the Burgundy (already have one) for a solid navy blue interview suit.
Michaelpost #19204 of 3095612/19/12 at 1:39pmpost #19205 of 3095612/19/12 at 1:57pmpost #19206 of 3095612/19/12 at 3:47pmpost #19207 of 3095612/19/12 at 9:04pmQuote:
The dimple master (Spoo) ties his exactly as this videopost #19208 of 3095612/19/12 at 9:21pmpost #19209 of 3095612/19/12 at 9:48pmpost #19210 of 3095612/19/12 at 9:55pmpost #19211 of 3095612/19/12 at 9:58pmpost #19212 of 3095612/19/12 at 10:10pmQuote:
So just a button attached via a loop on its back, rather than a set of holes through which the stitching is pushed?post #19213 of 3095612/19/12 at 10:15pmpost #19214 of 3095612/19/12 at 10:52pm
QUESTION: I found a really great deal on a John Varvatos slim cut 2-piece suit at Nordstrom Rack recently ($170, down from $795). It fits very well and I like it, but I'm not sure if it's really in style and even worth the $170 I paid for it. The first reason I'm unsure of it is that it has a peaked lapel. I like the peaked lapel, but don't really see them in use ever. Next, it's a light grey ghost pinstripe, which I also don't really see, but do like. My concerns are, first, will the material pattern be too distracting and will I look outdated? Second, will I look like I'm trying to be a pimp? Your responses are certainly appreciated. Be brutally honest. I can still return it for a full refund. Also, if you think it's worth hanging onto, what color and style shoes would you recommend?
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 4 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 4 minutes ago
- › Video Games 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 8 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...