I personally wouldn't worry about creases in your shoes as long as the rest is shined properly. It's true that the creases on your square-toed shoes there are a little oddly placed, but you shouldn't worry too much about them. Deep creases are signs of an active wearer, and are akin to battle scars on an antique bayonet. Wear your heavily creased shoes with pride.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 1:32 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 1:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 2:46 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1281
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19202 of 3106912/19/12 at 9:39ampost #19203 of 3106912/19/12 at 10:59amQuote:The Tie Bar carries many conservative grey ties. I think they're color categorized as "silver." And may be listed as "traditional," rather than "conservative," in the "By Style" drop-down menu.TheTieBar did not appear to have any conservative Gray ties (another recommendation I read).Quote:It doesn't do anything for me (I just don't much care for the powder blue stripes), but I wouldn't call it fundamentally horrible. If you like it, go ahead and buy it. Nothing inherently wrong with a twill in those shades.Is this one good?
I'd probably rather go for the very similar Classic Twill - Navy/Light Champagne (sku #12302), than for the tie you listed (Classic Twill - Navy/Powder, sku #12310), simply because the powder blue doesn't really appeal to me all that much, and I'd prefer bringing in a subdued second color (light champagne) to pairing a blue and blue tie with a blue suit. But that's just me.Quote:So many ties, in so many colors, can go perfectly well with a solid navy suit, that I'd rather not start recommending specific examples. But if you want a grey (silver) tie, from The Tie Bar (which, I agree, is a good source for affordable neckwear), go search for something traditional, in silk, with either stripes or dots, and choose from the many dozens of ties with which you'll be presented. If you need it narrowed down even further, you can specify from the drop-down menu's "By Matching Suit" option that it goes with a navy suit.I cannot afford anything too expensive, and I was looking for conservative alternatives to the Burgundy (already have one) for a solid navy blue interview suit.
Michaelpost #19204 of 3106912/19/12 at 1:39pmpost #19205 of 3106912/19/12 at 1:57pmpost #19206 of 3106912/19/12 at 3:47pmpost #19207 of 3106912/19/12 at 9:04pmQuote:
The dimple master (Spoo) ties his exactly as this videopost #19208 of 3106912/19/12 at 9:21pmpost #19209 of 3106912/19/12 at 9:48pmpost #19210 of 3106912/19/12 at 9:55pmpost #19211 of 3106912/19/12 at 9:58pmpost #19212 of 3106912/19/12 at 10:10pmQuote:
So just a button attached via a loop on its back, rather than a set of holes through which the stitching is pushed?post #19213 of 3106912/19/12 at 10:15pmpost #19214 of 3106912/19/12 at 10:52pm
QUESTION: I found a really great deal on a John Varvatos slim cut 2-piece suit at Nordstrom Rack recently ($170, down from $795). It fits very well and I like it, but I'm not sure if it's really in style and even worth the $170 I paid for it. The first reason I'm unsure of it is that it has a peaked lapel. I like the peaked lapel, but don't really see them in use ever. Next, it's a light grey ghost pinstripe, which I also don't really see, but do like. My concerns are, first, will the material pattern be too distracting and will I look outdated? Second, will I look like I'm trying to be a pimp? Your responses are certainly appreciated. Be brutally honest. I can still return it for a full refund. Also, if you think it's worth hanging onto, what color and style shoes would you recommend?
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 25 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 54 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 1 minute ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...