or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1277

post #19141 of 30502

anybody any idea where i can find this brown leather jacket on the guy with shades? its for my boyfriend.

 

[img]http://static.nme.com/images/gallery/2012TheCourteenersPress081112.jpg[/img]

 

appreciate any help thanks.

 

and glad to be here!

post #19142 of 30502
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericH123 View Post

I want a Burberry trench coat. I won't be wearing it with a suit. Just a polo in the summer and a shirt+thin sweater during the fall.  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I am 5'11", 155#, 38" chest

Help me decide:

700

1. Burberry Brit Britton, 100% cotton, 35" length


700

2. Burberry London "technical cotton" 65% poly 35% cotton, 38" length


700

3. Burberry London Britton 100% cotton, 35" length 

I would not recommend purchasing any of these trenches at those lengths. They are much too short. I have a shorter trench which was gifted to me. Firstly, it was completely ineffective as a rain coat. Second, it is highly unflattering on my frame. I'm 6'1'', 39'' chest, 150 lbs for your refrence. The short trench was emasculating, especially when the belt was tightened. There is nothing more unmanly than these short trench coats. Best of luck to you in your search for a decent trench.
post #19143 of 30502
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon8 View Post

Some people on this forum sell cloth periodically. Acorn, I believe, is one or the only place to sell cloth directly to the public.

Thanks, it was the only brand I found as well.
post #19144 of 30502

I'm looking around at watches and am interested in getting something in rose gold.  I love http://www.danielwellington.com/collection/classic-bristol but 40mm is just too big for my wrist and prefer something around 38 or less.

 

http://www.amazon.ca/Stuhrling-Original-Classic-Newberry-238-3245K2/dp/B001TUZGF4/ref=sr_1_290?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1355609608&sr=1-290

 

I was looking at that watch and it seems to fit most of that criteria but I'm not that knowledgable about watches and was hoping for some advice.

 

Money is an issue, I don't want to spend over $100 right now and a ton of watches are on sale right now.

post #19145 of 30502

I am looking for a new coat I can wear atending funerals togheter with a black suit. I have a few trench coats from Burberry (dark navy and beige) and one Oxxford cashmere topcoat (navy) but since we talk black suit/funerals I guess this is this is not an option, or would "beige" work? So the question is, what colour can I wear with a black suit, I guess black is the obvious but any other options?

 

Any sugestions would be much appreciated, both on colour and on the style of coat apropriate for a funeral. I only use a suit atending weddings, funerals and the occasional dinner/club, altogheter 15-20 times a year.

post #19146 of 30502
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravn View Post

I am looking for a new coat I can wear atending funerals togheter with a black suit. I have a few trench coats from Burberry (dark navy and beige) and one Oxxford cashmere topcoat (navy) but since we talk black suit/funerals I guess this is this is not an option, or would "beige" work? So the question is, what colour can I wear with a black suit, I guess black is the obvious but any other options?

Any sugestions would be much appreciated, both on colour and on the style of coat apropriate for a funeral. I only use a suit atending weddings, funerals and the occasional dinner/club, altogheter 15-20 times a year.

Charcoal and navy suits and coats are perfectly appropriate for funerals, unless you're the funeral director. The navy coats you have are perfectly appropriate.
post #19147 of 30502
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post


Charcoal and navy suits and coats are perfectly appropriate for funerals, unless you're the funeral director. The navy coats you have are perfectly appropriate.

Thank you for swift reply. Only one problem. I only have a black suit (and I really like my MTM Corneliani suit, it fits perfect), and since I almost never wear a suit but love to wear coats I was planning to buy a new coat instead of a navy/carcoal suit. Or maybe I might reconsider this and buy myself a new suit... and a new coat smile.gif

post #19148 of 30502

Do you guys have any idea what brand these shoes are? Logo on the heel looks like two V's stacked on top of each other or a variation of a downward pointing arrow. I can't seem to figure it out. Saw them when looking for a pair of pants on zappos (http://www.zappos.com/scotch-soda-bowie-slim-fit-ribcord-chino-pant-rust). Zappos people did not have an answer. Thanks!

1000

post #19149 of 30502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baverso View Post


I would not recommend purchasing any of these trenches at those lengths. They are much too short. I have a shorter trench which was gifted to me. Firstly, it was completely ineffective as a rain coat. Second, it is highly unflattering on my frame. I'm 6'1'', 39'' chest, 150 lbs for your refrence. The short trench was emasculating, especially when the belt was tightened. There is nothing more unmanly than these short trench coats. Best of luck to you in your search for a decent trench.

Using a tape measure, 35" on me is mid thigh, 38" is just above the knee, and 44" (the longest coat Burberry makes) is just below the knee. Short trench coats seem to be the fashion right now (that's the entire Burberry Brit line), although I agree, they make you look like you are wearing a mini-dress. Unfortunately, the 44" coat only comes in gabardine and that is getting out of my price range. 

post #19150 of 30502
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravn View Post

Thank you for swift reply. Only one problem. I only have a black suit (and I really like my MTM Corneliani suit, it fits perfect), and since I almost never wear a suit but love to wear coats I was planning to buy a new coat instead of a navy/carcoal suit. Or maybe I might reconsider this and buy myself a new suit... and a new coat smile.gif

Well, if you only have a black suit, I'd recommend a new one. Black is perfectly appropriate for funerals, but, while I'm not as dead set against black as many here, navy or charcoal are much better for happier occasions- interviews, weddings, a big meeting where you need to dress up.

If you want to buy a new coat, you certainly can, but navy is absolutely fine for any occasion. You can keep that as your conservative option and buy something that's not quite as formal- brown tweed, for example- that you'd have a little more fun wearing to occasions that don't call for incredibly somber clothes.
post #19151 of 30502
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post


Well, if you only have a black suit, I'd recommend a new one. Black is perfectly appropriate for funerals, but, while I'm not as dead set against black as many here, navy or charcoal are much better for happier occasions- interviews, weddings, a big meeting where you need to dress up.
If you want to buy a new coat, you certainly can, but navy is absolutely fine for any occasion. You can keep that as your conservative option and buy something that's not quite as formal- brown tweed, for example- that you'd have a little more fun wearing to occasions that don't call for incredibly somber clothes.

I'm starting to wonder if he's talking about a Topcoat or Overcoat...

post #19152 of 30502

Does anyone know the make or where I can buy one of these delicious cardigans? I saw it on a Rose & Born blog

post #19153 of 30502
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyleclark View Post

I'm starting to wonder if he's talking about a Topcoat or Overcoat...

Half of his post is about an overcoat, half of it is about a suit. Hence my post being half about a suit, half about a coat.

A navy or charcoal overcoat is perfectly appropriate at a funeral, or any other very conservative occasion. You could make an argument for black tie, but since coats are removed once you move inside the venue, anything conservative would be fine.
post #19154 of 30502
I'm planning on stepping up my dress attire at work by adding a tie. I have few nice suits navy, black and charcoal gray and two pairs of Allen Edmonds PA in brown and black.

What color ties would go with these shirts? Also solid right as they're all patterned? any help would be greatly appreciated!

2j2t954.jpg

2ldf6rq.jpg

295uz50.jpg

20jfcxz.jpg
post #19155 of 30502
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrBrightside View Post

I'm planning on stepping up my dress attire at work by adding a tie. I have few nice suits navy, black and charcoal gray and two pairs of Allen Edmonds PA in brown and black.

What color ties would go with these shirts? Also solid right as they're all patterned? any help would be greatly appreciated! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
2j2t954.jpg

2ldf6rq.jpg

295uz50.jpg

20jfcxz.jpg

The last three seem to be more casual oxford cloth shirts. I think a silk knit tie would be best with these, in a solid colour. They're of a similar level of formality to the shirts, and will help ease you into being a tie wearer if you haven't previously worn one at work. (I don't much like the first shirt I'm afraid to say).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)