or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1275

post #19111 of 31171

Does anyone have any experience with the brand Ze Garie for suits? I went to a professional suit shop here in my town (not a department store or chain, rather a boutique/warehouse for menswear) and they fit me like a glove. I was able to get a charcoal and navy suit for $300 together. Supposedly they are at least DESIGNED in Italy, and use 140's wool, which beat the Alfani suit I returned to Macy's. However, the website listed on their tag (zegarie.com) doesn't exist, and a google search yields absolutely nothing relevant to the brand in terms of suits. What gives? 

 

Would any of you be able to shed some light on this brand? Even if they're relatively nonexistent I would like to think I got a decent deal for both suits. I am a college student and just started work in a professional environment where I may have to wear a suit every now and then and really wanted to have my own after gathering some knowledge on the internet. I really like the way the suits fit, so I would probably still keep them regardless (which may or may not have something to do with the fact that they were final sale when I bought them at the store). Thanks in advance everyone.

post #19112 of 31171
Quote:
Originally Posted by haspy View Post

Just bought these two from J. Crew today. Should I keep 'em or return them for something else in the store?
Well, you liked them enough to buy them in the first place, just recently. And you haven't mentioned being displeased with anything (color, fit, price, etc.) about them. I mean, if you were displeased with them for some reason, you'd surely have said so, right? That's only sensible, after all.

So, I guess you ought to keep them.

But hey, I'm willing to get a dialogue going. So, what do you think you should do with 'em? Why do you think that?
--
Michael
post #19113 of 31171
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321 View Post

Well, you liked them enough to buy them in the first place, just recently. And you haven't mentioned being displeased with anything (color, fit, price, etc.) about them. I mean, if you were displeased with them for some reason, you'd surely have said so, right? That's only sensible, after all.
So, I guess you ought to keep them.
But hey, I'm willing to get a dialogue going. So, what do you think you should do with 'em? Why do you think that?
--
Michael

Well the fit for the shirt and sweater aren't a big concern for me. They actually fit pretty well. Instead I've been reconsidering the colors I've chosen because I don't know how to pair it up with my current wardrobe. I'm more into neutrals, blues, dark grays, dark brown and then maybe a pop of yellow or green there but nothing like what I just bought. I thought the colors were cool until I tried them on and then started to second guess whether I can see myself wearing it everyday or every other day if you know what I mean. agghhh shog[1].gif
post #19114 of 31171
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroh View Post

how come you have to apply shoe polish to shoes to keep them from drying out and cracking, but you don't have to do that with suede shoes? then what prevents them from cracking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

ITS MAGIC!!!

Funny. I was looking for a serious answer. confused.gif

What are you suppose to do to maintain suede shoes? I got shoes trees, and what else needs to be done?
post #19115 of 31171
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroh View Post


Funny. I was looking for a serious answer. confused.gif
What are you suppose to do to maintain suede shoes? I got shoes trees, and what else needs to be done?

Use a suede brush to get out any dirt. Then spray with suede protector. If you have direct access to the smooth hide on the inside of the shoe, you can use a leather conditioner like Lexol, leather honey or meltonian.

post #19116 of 31171
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb0893 View Post

Does anyone have any experience with the brand Ze Garie for suits? I went to a professional suit shop here in my town (not a department store or chain, rather a boutique/warehouse for menswear) and they fit me like a glove. I was able to get a charcoal and navy suit for $300 together. Supposedly they are at least DESIGNED in Italy, and use 140's wool, which beat the Alfani suit I returned to Macy's. However, the website listed on their tag (zegarie.com) doesn't exist, and a google search yields absolutely nothing relevant to the brand in terms of suits. What gives? 

 

Would any of you be able to shed some light on this brand? Even if they're relatively nonexistent I would like to think I got a decent deal for both suits. I am a college student and just started work in a professional environment where I may have to wear a suit every now and then and really wanted to have my own after gathering some knowledge on the internet. I really like the way the suits fit, so I would probably still keep them regardless (which may or may not have something to do with the fact that they were final sale when I bought them at the store). Thanks in advance everyone.

Post some fit pics, then.

post #19117 of 31171
Quote:
Originally Posted by haspy View Post

Well the fit for the shirt and sweater aren't a big concern for me. They actually fit pretty well. Instead I've been reconsidering the colors I've chosen because I don't know how to pair it up with my current wardrobe. I'm more into neutrals, blues, dark grays, dark brown and then maybe a pop of yellow or green there but nothing like what I just bought. I thought the colors were cool until I tried them on and then started to second guess whether I can see myself wearing it everyday or every other day if you know what I mean. agghhh shog[1].gif

IMO light color shirts/sweaters etc. look good on white or pale white skin. I have dark complexion and those kind of colors just make me look darker and awful. Just my view, might not have any rationale behind it though.
post #19118 of 31171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase H View Post

Post some fit pics, then.

I will when I get the pants back from my tailor.

post #19119 of 31171
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemazaa View Post

Is this moth damage? Or something else? If so, I do I get rid of those nasty mother fuckers?

Looks like moth.
post #19120 of 31171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxullop View Post

In brown or black? What do you guys think? For the price reduction I am kind of tempted to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase H View Post

No, but brown if you must.

Black since brown no longer shows up.
post #19121 of 31171
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubs View Post

Can this linen suit jacket, or one in navy, be worn as an odd jacket?

Both look good as odd jackets.
post #19122 of 31171
I would like to ask for the comparison of Dockers Alpha Khakis and Jcrew Factory Urban Slim in term of quality/fits foo.gif ? They both run around $30/each, which is suitable for my budget, as a college students icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif And I would probably wear them fews time a week since I don't have a job which require dressing up right now.
post #19123 of 31171
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroh View Post

Funny. I was looking for a serious answer. confused.gif
What are you suppose to do to maintain suede shoes? I got shoes trees, and what else needs to be done?

When you say shoe polish helps prevent drying out and cracking you mean shoe cream right or leather conditioner right? Polish wax does not do either.
post #19124 of 31171

Hello,

 

I am looking to buy a tuxedo. Now I am more of a three piece guy even though I am not really old. My choice is between a midnight blue tuxedo or a black one with peak lapels and a velvet (?) vest.

I am edging towards the black one because of my tan skin, black hair and really dark brown eyes. (Looks black) Though a lot of people say midnight blue suits me nore.

Apart from the color, the next few times I'll be wearing this tuxedo is New Years, a party hosted in afternoon, a school function in the afternoon, a dinner, and a night time wedding. What do you think I should I get?

If I go with the midnight blue, should I go with a black vest or the same color? Or maybe it's time for my first two piece tailored suit? 

post #19125 of 31171
Quote:
Originally Posted by acedevil View Post

Hello,

 

I am looking to buy a tuxedo. Now I am more of a three piece guy even though I am not really old. My choice is between a midnight blue tuxedo or a black one with peak lapels and a velvet (?) vest.

I am edging towards the black one because of my tan skin, black hair and really dark brown eyes. (Looks black) Though a lot of people say midnight blue suits me nore.

Apart from the color, the next few times I'll be wearing this tuxedo is New Years, a party hosted in afternoon, a school function in the afternoon, a dinner, and a night time wedding. What do you think I should I get?

If I go with the midnight blue, should I go with a black vest or the same color? Or maybe it's time for my first two piece tailored suit? 

Your complexion should not matter. The whole idea behind midnight blue is that it looks black. Under certain lighting conditions, it can look blacker than black, as black sometimes gives off a greenish cast. If the color of the fabric is obviously blue, then chances are, it isn't midnight blue.

 

As for the vest, it really depends on the material. If the body of the vest is wool, then the fabric should match the jacket fabric. If it is all silk, then you should be matching the lapels, which are most likely black, even on a midnight blue jacket.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)