Does Aspesi fit true to size? It's a raincoat that i'll buy over internet.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 2/11/16 at 5:25pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1270post #19036 of 3220312/9/12 at 12:04pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19037 of 3220312/9/12 at 12:58pmpost #19038 of 3220312/9/12 at 1:28pmQuote:
Not an answer to your question, but FWIW I have bought 31 inch sleeve BB OCBD's at a BB outlet and you can not get those on the website. It is possible that RL makes the shirts for another market or that the shirts are deadstock.post #19039 of 3220312/9/12 at 1:29pmpost #19040 of 3220312/9/12 at 2:17pmpost #19041 of 3220312/9/12 at 3:31pmQuote:
It's a cashmere sweater. It could be possible that Ralph Lauren makes stuff dedicated to the Asian market, because the guys out there are usually smaller than other markets. But is normal that brands difference the markets with sizes?post #19042 of 3220312/9/12 at 3:31pmI am going to a Christmas Party at my golf club next week. Very old school type club, and this is a very nice event where all men wears suits. I have a Navy BB Fitz suit that I plan on wearing. I would like opinions on shirt, tie and shoes. I have both walnut calf and black allen Edmond strands and since it is an evening event, I assumed black shoes would be more appropriate. I expect many are going to tell me I should wear a more formal cap toe shoe, but I am just starting to get my act together on my wardrobe, so take it easy on me. I was thinking white shirt,French cuffs, but not sure about tie and colour of shoes? I realize there are plenty of options, but you guys are the experts, give me your opinion .post #19043 of 3220312/9/12 at 5:27pm
Might anyone know how to remove 'dimples' from the collar of an OCBD Lands End shirt? I have tried ironing with a large amount of pressure, spray water, spray starch, and high steam setting on the iron to no avail. It has been hard to accurately capture this with a picture but perhaps this will appear familiar to someone who may be able to suggest a solution. Thanks.post #19044 of 3220312/9/12 at 9:13pmpost #19045 of 3220312/10/12 at 5:46ampost #19046 of 3220312/10/12 at 7:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by deadAngle
Ran across this picture online while researching linen jackets earlier and thought I'd ask your opinions on it.
It appears to be a sportcoat with short sleeves, probably for tropical climates. If the fabric was good and the length was post-posterior, would it ever be acceptable for someone to wear something like this? With a collared short-sleeve shirt, mind.
NO NO NOpost #19047 of 3220312/10/12 at 8:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by olufadi1
Just stumbled upon some an article about style no no's this morning. The one about square toed shoes is news to me. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on my 3 main pairs of dress shoes. I think they aren't as square as some of the things I've seen online, but not sure what to classify them as and determine where to go from here. Thanks for the help!
They're fine if you think they're fine. I would prefer something more rounded, but I'm sure the author of the article you read was referring to hideous bicycle-toed glued junk, not shoes like yours.post #19048 of 3220312/10/12 at 8:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Martin Ramsdal
I'm trying to build a basic tie collection and was wondering what I should prioritize.
I have three decent ties in navy; a repp tie (I think...) from Edsor, a solid navy tie from Eton and a pin dot tie from G&H on its way in the mail.
(Eton is probably not "decent" by SF standards, but I picked it up for 15 USD and the tie felt quite nice)
I'm also considering a navy grenadine tie from Sam Hober (or midnight blue) and was wondering what you think about the versatility of such a tie.
As you've probably understood I like ties that are navy/blue.
But are there other "staples" that you could recommend?
I've seen the tie list, gotten some inspiration from the Soporific Tie Porn-thread and other sites but I'm still a bit unsure of what my next purchase should be.
PS: I seldom wear a suit and when I do it's for a somewhat formal setting.
A navy grenadine is a beatiful, versatile tie.
Really, if you don't wear ties often, but when you do it's in a formal setting, then a solid navy, a navy pindot, and a navy repp stripe is probably all you need. Perhaps get a sollid navy twill for daytime and a solid navy with more of a satin finish for night-time.
Other than that, IMO it's up to you to express yourself. This is where you're supposed to have fun and wear something (within the bounds of good taste, which you will definitely find on the Tie Porn thread) YOU think is beautiful.
EDIT: I almost forgot, some knit ties to wear with sport coats are mandatory!post #19049 of 3220312/10/12 at 9:10pm
Brand new member here, been stalking the forum for the past 2 days and I have a lot of questions to ask and I feel powerless and would like your help.
Disclaimer: I've only found this forum after i bought my shoe so here goes:
- I have bought a pair of Bruno Magli (i know i know you guys hate it haha) "Raging" this past weekend and it is being shipped to me
- I have only had time to glance and semi read, but there's a lot of articles to go through and there are many opinions so I figured I can get it consolidated with the experts here
- My goal is to figure out, what I should do to my shoe, from beginning to end to keep it nice, etc.
- I believe this shoe is 100% leather on the top, rubber on the bottom, that's it right? (very important, please confirm)
- When I first get the shoes out, I'll try them on briefly around the house, but after that, then what? I heard that you're supposed to insert shoe trees and then "apply some shoe conditioner all over the shoes." Is this correct? If so, what conditioner? can someone please give me a direct link to it (not a generic description)?
- After i let it dry naturally, i shall wipe it once with a "dry cloth", but what kind of cloth exactly should i use? can you show me an actual product for this cloth? terricloth? random dishwashing towel?
- Do i then "apply a layer of shoe cream"? what is shoe cream? better yet, can you show me a product for this? Is this redundant if i already have shoe conditioner? How long should i leave it for? What do i use to wipe it off?
- What next? i heard about brushing the shoes now that the cream is off, but with what brush? i heard horsehair, any ideas? direct link to the product? why brush shoe if its fresh off the box/been conditioned?
- Polish the shoe? if so, how exactly? with what equipment? I read from GQ i should just take it to a nordstrom to do it. should i? I don't want to F up my brand new shoe by using the wrong brush/polish
- Wax the shoe? if so, how exactly? with what equipment?
you see, this may seem second nature to you, but if you can explain each tiny step to me as how i can take care of my shoe i'll be forever grateful. I have a 1.5 yr old colehan that I didn't do any of that and I can see the black is a little bit fading (just a little bit) and i don't want my first "getting to the top tier shoe" follow the same path.
Sorry it's a long post, but in reality, it's really a small question.
Thanks so much in advance!post #19050 of 3220312/11/12 at 12:29amI got a couple Zegna coats at a thrift store and there are some some threads or something that are prickly pointing outwards from the shoulder.
I have pulled a couple out and they are like 6" long and they are some kind of plastic thread.
Anyone know what they are? Is it bad to pull them out?
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 35 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 44 seconds ago
- › SuitSupply quality: Would you exchange this jacket? 52 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 52 seconds ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond 4 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gitman Bros Lavendar Gingham and Blue Tattersall Shirts - Size Small 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?