Light blue and white oxfords weren't on sale last time so you may not want to wait around for them to go on sale.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 6:18 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1268post #19006 of 3173512/7/12 at 12:32am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19007 of 3173512/7/12 at 2:00amIf my foot measures 10x4" the charts say I'm a 9 but a lot of the shoes I'm looking at (NOS/vintage) have 11-12" insoles for size 9. How big should the insole be in relation to my foot? I'd think half an inch bigger, max but that would mean I'm looking for size 7's almost. I'm really confused herepost #19008 of 3173512/7/12 at 6:12ampost #19009 of 3173512/7/12 at 7:41amQuote:
No luck for custom fit in my size there. I'll wait for the Christmas sales, but not likely to find on the cheap outside the US.post #19010 of 3173512/7/12 at 7:53amQuick question: I have a business casual meeting later today but I stayed over at someone elses place last night and don't have my full wardrobe available to me. Is a medium grey sportcoat, light blue button down, and khaki chinos a coherent combination? Or am I going to need to head back to my apt?post #19011 of 3173512/7/12 at 8:53amQuote:Originally Posted by Laundry Troll
Quick question: I have a business casual meeting later today but I stayed over at someone elses place last night and don't have my full wardrobe available to me. Is a medium grey sportcoat, light blue button down, and khaki chinos a coherent combination? Or am I going to need to head back to my apt?
Yeah, that'll do.post #19012 of 3173512/7/12 at 9:34am
I'm trying to build a basic tie collection and was wondering what I should prioritize.
I have three decent ties in navy; a repp tie (I think...) from Edsor, a solid navy tie from Eton and a pin dot tie from G&H on its way in the mail.
(Eton is probably not "decent" by SF standards, but I picked it up for 15 USD and the tie felt quite nice)
I'm also considering a navy grenadine tie from Sam Hober (or midnight blue) and was wondering what you think about the versatility of such a tie.
As you've probably understood I like ties that are navy/blue. :p
But are there other "staples" that you could recommend?
I've seen the tie list, gotten some inspiration from the Soporific Tie Porn-thread and other sites but I'm still a bit unsure of what my next purchase should be.
PS: I seldom wear a suit and when I do it's for a somewhat formal setting.post #19013 of 3173512/7/12 at 9:38ampost #19014 of 3173512/7/12 at 10:03ampost #19015 of 3173512/7/12 at 11:47amHello all.
Just stumbled upon some an article about style no no's this morning. The one about square toed shoes is news to me. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on my 3 main pairs of dress shoes. I think they aren't as square as some of the things I've seen online, but not sure what to classify them as and determine where to go from here. Thanks for the help!post #19016 of 3173512/7/12 at 11:59ampost #19017 of 3173512/7/12 at 12:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Left Hand
If my foot measures 10x4" the charts say I'm a 9 but a lot of the shoes I'm looking at (NOS/vintage) have 11-12" insoles for size 9. How big should the insole be in relation to my foot? I'd think half an inch bigger, max but that would mean I'm looking for size 7's almost. I'm really confused here
You're asking for trouble if you base your shoe purchases off your foot measurements. Every maker uses different lasts for their shoe offerings. All of them fit the foot in a different manner. You may wear a 9Din last #1 and a 10C in last #2.
If possible, it's in your best interest (both financially and foot comfort) to try the shoes on in person before purchasing.post #19018 of 3173512/7/12 at 12:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by DuckOfDuke
If it is dress shirts it looks nice and clean if you tuck it in. But what about long sleeved cotton plaid shirts, should I wear plaid shirts tucked in or untucked with denim jeans? Is it ok to wear them to office untucked? it's a everyday dress down type office. And I'm 24.
It really just matters how long it is. I'm of the opinion that unless it's too short to stay tucked in, an untucked sport shirt looks really, really stupid.post #19019 of 3173512/7/12 at 12:59pmpost #19020 of 3173512/7/12 at 1:57pm
Received this bronze windowpane sport coat as a gift and I'm not really sure when to wear it and what to go with it.
What type of events would this be good for? Would this be appropriate for a casual holiday party at a friend's house? Also what color shirts would go well with this?
Thanks for your help
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris 1:1 FW13 Black Varsity Small 44 46 4 minutes ago
- › Italy Trip. 5 minutes ago
- › Alden X UnionMade natural CXL boots 7.5E Grant commando sole 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories