Light blue and white oxfords weren't on sale last time so you may not want to wait around for them to go on sale.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 11:31 am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 2/22/15 at 7:08am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1268post #19006 of 3016812/7/12 at 12:32am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #19007 of 3016812/7/12 at 2:00amIf my foot measures 10x4" the charts say I'm a 9 but a lot of the shoes I'm looking at (NOS/vintage) have 11-12" insoles for size 9. How big should the insole be in relation to my foot? I'd think half an inch bigger, max but that would mean I'm looking for size 7's almost. I'm really confused herepost #19008 of 3016812/7/12 at 6:12ampost #19009 of 3016812/7/12 at 7:41amQuote:
No luck for custom fit in my size there. I'll wait for the Christmas sales, but not likely to find on the cheap outside the US.post #19010 of 3016812/7/12 at 7:53amQuick question: I have a business casual meeting later today but I stayed over at someone elses place last night and don't have my full wardrobe available to me. Is a medium grey sportcoat, light blue button down, and khaki chinos a coherent combination? Or am I going to need to head back to my apt?post #19011 of 3016812/7/12 at 8:53amQuote:Originally Posted by Laundry Troll
Quick question: I have a business casual meeting later today but I stayed over at someone elses place last night and don't have my full wardrobe available to me. Is a medium grey sportcoat, light blue button down, and khaki chinos a coherent combination? Or am I going to need to head back to my apt?
Yeah, that'll do.post #19012 of 3016812/7/12 at 9:34am
I'm trying to build a basic tie collection and was wondering what I should prioritize.
I have three decent ties in navy; a repp tie (I think...) from Edsor, a solid navy tie from Eton and a pin dot tie from G&H on its way in the mail.
(Eton is probably not "decent" by SF standards, but I picked it up for 15 USD and the tie felt quite nice)
I'm also considering a navy grenadine tie from Sam Hober (or midnight blue) and was wondering what you think about the versatility of such a tie.
As you've probably understood I like ties that are navy/blue. :p
But are there other "staples" that you could recommend?
I've seen the tie list, gotten some inspiration from the Soporific Tie Porn-thread and other sites but I'm still a bit unsure of what my next purchase should be.
PS: I seldom wear a suit and when I do it's for a somewhat formal setting.post #19013 of 3016812/7/12 at 9:38ampost #19014 of 3016812/7/12 at 10:03ampost #19015 of 3016812/7/12 at 11:47amHello all.
Just stumbled upon some an article about style no no's this morning. The one about square toed shoes is news to me. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on my 3 main pairs of dress shoes. I think they aren't as square as some of the things I've seen online, but not sure what to classify them as and determine where to go from here. Thanks for the help!post #19016 of 3016812/7/12 at 11:59ampost #19017 of 3016812/7/12 at 12:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Left Hand
If my foot measures 10x4" the charts say I'm a 9 but a lot of the shoes I'm looking at (NOS/vintage) have 11-12" insoles for size 9. How big should the insole be in relation to my foot? I'd think half an inch bigger, max but that would mean I'm looking for size 7's almost. I'm really confused here
You're asking for trouble if you base your shoe purchases off your foot measurements. Every maker uses different lasts for their shoe offerings. All of them fit the foot in a different manner. You may wear a 9Din last #1 and a 10C in last #2.
If possible, it's in your best interest (both financially and foot comfort) to try the shoes on in person before purchasing.post #19018 of 3016812/7/12 at 12:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by DuckOfDuke
If it is dress shirts it looks nice and clean if you tuck it in. But what about long sleeved cotton plaid shirts, should I wear plaid shirts tucked in or untucked with denim jeans? Is it ok to wear them to office untucked? it's a everyday dress down type office. And I'm 24.
It really just matters how long it is. I'm of the opinion that unless it's too short to stay tucked in, an untucked sport shirt looks really, really stupid.post #19019 of 3016812/7/12 at 12:59pmpost #19020 of 3016812/7/12 at 1:57pm
Received this bronze windowpane sport coat as a gift and I'm not really sure when to wear it and what to go with it.
What type of events would this be good for? Would this be appropriate for a casual holiday party at a friend's house? Also what color shirts would go well with this?
Thanks for your help
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 18 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 45 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...