I guess I meant like specific pieces but I'll review the list and do the search myself.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 11:33 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1265
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18962 of 3217312/6/12 at 6:35amQuote:
Don't mean to put you off asking, but your question was a little vague. Try giving a bit more information about what you're looking for - is this for work, do you need suits, odd jackets, or more casual than that etc - and then ask more specific questions, like "can you recommend [particular item]".
Blue odd jackets are a good place to start.post #18963 of 3217312/6/12 at 8:25amI know, it was really vague. Sorry, it was really late and I typed out a long message and it didn't post for some reason. So I was frustrated and just went with the short answer.
What I meant to say was I'm currently building/rebuilding my wardrobe and don't necessarily have a solid stylistic identity yet. I'm looking for a couple pairs of shoes, one I can wear with jeans (maybe wingtips of some kind, possibly nice boots) and a more formal shoe.
I think it's a smart idea to start (and spend $$) on the shoes, but correct me if I'm wrong. I've always remembered that when I was younger someone told me "you can judge a man by his shoes" however fair that might be. Also, they probably take the most beating out of anything in your wardrobe and I don't want something that'll fall apart in a year.
I've already got enough dress shirts. I don't have a job where I need certain attire so anything I'm wearing will mostly be worn in a casual setting.post #18964 of 3217312/6/12 at 8:30ampost #18965 of 3217312/6/12 at 8:30amI also don't really know what kind of pants to go for. I like the look of a thick grey wool pant (there's a specific picture I've seen on here that I can't find right now) but don't know if it's very versatile or if I have the necessary pieces to go with them. Maybe a chino of some kind, too?
I'm building from scratch basically so any suggestions are appreciated.post #18966 of 3217312/6/12 at 8:37am
Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread so I'll put it here (no0b errors!)...
I picked up this blazer yesterday to wear to my company's holiday party but I don't know what type of shirt to wear with it. Every Google Image of a Houndstooth blazer has a plain white button down which is too bland for me. I'll be wearing dark jeans and brown shoes/belt. Are solid colors my only option? Thanks.post #18967 of 3217312/6/12 at 8:42ampost #18968 of 3217312/6/12 at 8:44ampost #18969 of 3217312/6/12 at 8:53ampost #18970 of 3217312/6/12 at 8:58am
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out the brand of shoes i purchased recently. They have what looks to be a lowercase "ee" written (in writing) on the sock, on the sole and on each metal eyelet. at the back (heel) there seems to be an "xx" but it could just be a pattern.
They are clearly high end shoes, but I cannot figure out the brand. Thank you for any info you could provide.
made in portugal
stamped "cape 00" on the tongue
(photos attached)post #18971 of 3217312/6/12 at 9:29ampost #18972 of 3217312/6/12 at 9:51am
I wish I had the money to spend on clothes like most of you do but as a broke college student I'm in no such luck.
I've got at most $250 to spend on a peacoat. I'm a huge fan of 3 button peacoats (6 buttons total) and I was looking for a gray one. Anyone know of any solid places I could look?post #18973 of 3217312/6/12 at 10:05amQuote:
Not at all.post #18974 of 3217312/6/12 at 10:12am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 53 seconds ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 59 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 1 minute ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 3 minutes ago
- › San Francisco SF Styleforum Meet-up - Kirk Miller of Miller's Oath... 4 minutes ago
- › BNIB Alden Indy Boot - J. Crew Alden Indy 403 / 405 Chromexcel Size... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...