I guess I meant like specific pieces but I'll review the list and do the search myself.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:05 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1265post #18962 of 3313312/6/12 at 6:35amQuote:
Don't mean to put you off asking, but your question was a little vague. Try giving a bit more information about what you're looking for - is this for work, do you need suits, odd jackets, or more casual than that etc - and then ask more specific questions, like "can you recommend [particular item]".
Blue odd jackets are a good place to start.post #18963 of 3313312/6/12 at 8:25amI know, it was really vague. Sorry, it was really late and I typed out a long message and it didn't post for some reason. So I was frustrated and just went with the short answer.
What I meant to say was I'm currently building/rebuilding my wardrobe and don't necessarily have a solid stylistic identity yet. I'm looking for a couple pairs of shoes, one I can wear with jeans (maybe wingtips of some kind, possibly nice boots) and a more formal shoe.
I think it's a smart idea to start (and spend $$) on the shoes, but correct me if I'm wrong. I've always remembered that when I was younger someone told me "you can judge a man by his shoes" however fair that might be. Also, they probably take the most beating out of anything in your wardrobe and I don't want something that'll fall apart in a year.
I've already got enough dress shirts. I don't have a job where I need certain attire so anything I'm wearing will mostly be worn in a casual setting.post #18964 of 3313312/6/12 at 8:30ampost #18965 of 3313312/6/12 at 8:30amI also don't really know what kind of pants to go for. I like the look of a thick grey wool pant (there's a specific picture I've seen on here that I can't find right now) but don't know if it's very versatile or if I have the necessary pieces to go with them. Maybe a chino of some kind, too?
I'm building from scratch basically so any suggestions are appreciated.post #18966 of 3313312/6/12 at 8:37am
Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread so I'll put it here (no0b errors!)...
I picked up this blazer yesterday to wear to my company's holiday party but I don't know what type of shirt to wear with it. Every Google Image of a Houndstooth blazer has a plain white button down which is too bland for me. I'll be wearing dark jeans and brown shoes/belt. Are solid colors my only option? Thanks.post #18967 of 3313312/6/12 at 8:42ampost #18968 of 3313312/6/12 at 8:44ampost #18969 of 3313312/6/12 at 8:53ampost #18970 of 3313312/6/12 at 8:58am
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out the brand of shoes i purchased recently. They have what looks to be a lowercase "ee" written (in writing) on the sock, on the sole and on each metal eyelet. at the back (heel) there seems to be an "xx" but it could just be a pattern.
They are clearly high end shoes, but I cannot figure out the brand. Thank you for any info you could provide.
made in portugal
stamped "cape 00" on the tongue
(photos attached)post #18971 of 3313312/6/12 at 9:29ampost #18972 of 3313312/6/12 at 9:51am
I wish I had the money to spend on clothes like most of you do but as a broke college student I'm in no such luck.
I've got at most $250 to spend on a peacoat. I'm a huge fan of 3 button peacoats (6 buttons total) and I was looking for a gray one. Anyone know of any solid places I could look?post #18973 of 3313312/6/12 at 10:05amQuote:
Not at all.post #18974 of 3313312/6/12 at 10:12ampost #18975 of 3313312/6/12 at 10:15am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 11 minutes ago
- › MACKINTOSH ALVA DOUBLE BREASTED NAVY COAT - XS (36) 14 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 14 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 15 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...