I guess I meant like specific pieces but I'll review the list and do the search myself.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 1:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1265post #18962 of 3301912/6/12 at 6:35amQuote:
Don't mean to put you off asking, but your question was a little vague. Try giving a bit more information about what you're looking for - is this for work, do you need suits, odd jackets, or more casual than that etc - and then ask more specific questions, like "can you recommend [particular item]".
Blue odd jackets are a good place to start.post #18963 of 3301912/6/12 at 8:25amI know, it was really vague. Sorry, it was really late and I typed out a long message and it didn't post for some reason. So I was frustrated and just went with the short answer.
What I meant to say was I'm currently building/rebuilding my wardrobe and don't necessarily have a solid stylistic identity yet. I'm looking for a couple pairs of shoes, one I can wear with jeans (maybe wingtips of some kind, possibly nice boots) and a more formal shoe.
I think it's a smart idea to start (and spend $$) on the shoes, but correct me if I'm wrong. I've always remembered that when I was younger someone told me "you can judge a man by his shoes" however fair that might be. Also, they probably take the most beating out of anything in your wardrobe and I don't want something that'll fall apart in a year.
I've already got enough dress shirts. I don't have a job where I need certain attire so anything I'm wearing will mostly be worn in a casual setting.post #18964 of 3301912/6/12 at 8:30ampost #18965 of 3301912/6/12 at 8:30amI also don't really know what kind of pants to go for. I like the look of a thick grey wool pant (there's a specific picture I've seen on here that I can't find right now) but don't know if it's very versatile or if I have the necessary pieces to go with them. Maybe a chino of some kind, too?
I'm building from scratch basically so any suggestions are appreciated.post #18966 of 3301912/6/12 at 8:37am
Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread so I'll put it here (no0b errors!)...
I picked up this blazer yesterday to wear to my company's holiday party but I don't know what type of shirt to wear with it. Every Google Image of a Houndstooth blazer has a plain white button down which is too bland for me. I'll be wearing dark jeans and brown shoes/belt. Are solid colors my only option? Thanks.post #18967 of 3301912/6/12 at 8:42ampost #18968 of 3301912/6/12 at 8:44ampost #18969 of 3301912/6/12 at 8:53ampost #18970 of 3301912/6/12 at 8:58am
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out the brand of shoes i purchased recently. They have what looks to be a lowercase "ee" written (in writing) on the sock, on the sole and on each metal eyelet. at the back (heel) there seems to be an "xx" but it could just be a pattern.
They are clearly high end shoes, but I cannot figure out the brand. Thank you for any info you could provide.
made in portugal
stamped "cape 00" on the tongue
(photos attached)post #18971 of 3301912/6/12 at 9:29ampost #18972 of 3301912/6/12 at 9:51am
I wish I had the money to spend on clothes like most of you do but as a broke college student I'm in no such luck.
I've got at most $250 to spend on a peacoat. I'm a huge fan of 3 button peacoats (6 buttons total) and I was looking for a gray one. Anyone know of any solid places I could look?post #18973 of 3301912/6/12 at 10:05amQuote:
Not at all.post #18974 of 3301912/6/12 at 10:12ampost #18975 of 3301912/6/12 at 10:15am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Double Breasted Style. 2 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on the Sartorialist 8 minutes ago
- › THE EUROPEAN THRIFT BUY /SELL / TRADE / WANT THREAD 12 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 20 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 26 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 30 minutes ago
- › 7-8 drop! New Edward Green Dundee Veldtschoen Size 10 / 10.5 E58... 31 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 34 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding