Could someone here identify this man's trousers for me? I'm not asking for the particular brand. I'm interested in what style/type these are. Thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1264
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18947 of 3173212/5/12 at 2:36pmpost #18948 of 3173212/5/12 at 2:57pmpost #18949 of 3173212/5/12 at 3:00pmpost #18950 of 3173212/5/12 at 3:05pmQuote:
I wear mine with suits all the time. They probably aren't the #1 choice for an interview or funeral though. I think that color looks much better with charcoal than navy.post #18951 of 3173212/5/12 at 3:16pmQuote:I heartily agree with Michael's final point here. P.G. Wodehouse put it neatly in one of the Bertie Wooster stories.Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321
While belt and shoes should, as a general thing, broadly match - for example, black belt with black shoes, and brown belt with brown shoes - there is no need to seek a perfect match.
If your shoes are in any of the "reddish, wine-connected colors," like merlot, burgundy, bordeaux, etc., and your belt is also one of those reddish colors, it's close enough. Indeed, some might even suggest that seeking out a perfect match is excessive, and runs the risk of being perceived as overly "matchy-matchy."
Within certain limits, a similar principle applies to matching brown belt and brown shoes. It's usually less relevant when it comes to matching black belt with black shoes, as there are fewer commonly encountered shades of black than there are of burgundy or brown. Consequently, if one owns 3 belts - one in black, one in medium brown, and one in burgundy - nearly any shade of shoe ranging from tan to black can be color matched closely enough so as to not be an issue. (Obviously, a given belt may still fail to go with a given pair of shoes for other reasons, often having to do with formality, or with the color of the metal of its buckle, should it not take interchangeable buckles.)
There are even some parallels involving matching sock color to shoe color, or pocket square color to necktie color. Where close enough may, at times, be preferable to exact.
Bertie is getting ready to go out and says: "Jeeves, how do I look?"
"Perfect Sir," replies the gentleman's gentleman. "That is to say, not quite perfect."post #18952 of 3173212/5/12 at 4:02pmQuote:
Thanks for the input. I have some black AE PA's for wearing with navy suits if I go that route, but maybe I should pick up a dark brown captoe for use with navy as well...post #18953 of 3173212/5/12 at 4:07pmQuote:
You can certainly go with the black for navy suits, but I think brown looks better and more interesting.post #18954 of 3173212/5/12 at 4:19pmpost #18955 of 3173212/5/12 at 7:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Badandy
I just got AE McAllisters in merlot color.
Does the burgundy version of this belt match?
And if I wear a 31 waist in pants, will the size 34 belt work? They don't do odd numbers in this belt...
Yes and Yes. But get Allen Edmonds' Merlot belt. It will be much closer and a better quality.post #18956 of 3173212/5/12 at 8:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by dragun57
Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I guess I'll think on this some more. Part of my issue is that the language they used to describe the dress code doesn't exactly match up with what was actually being worn. They say business casual, but you were way off base if you didn't have at least a sportcoat and tie. There were a ton of power suits present and women were going all out, so I thought I'd have some more fun this year and try to use christmas colors. Maybe the velvet is too much...
Go for it. I'm completely serious; if I had the cash floating around I'd be doing something similar. Velvet is an amazing thing for Christmas and New Year's.post #18957 of 3173212/5/12 at 8:43pmpost #18958 of 3173212/5/12 at 11:15pm
Here's my random question--
What color corter belt should I get? Do they change color over time? I'm between the natural and the brown color. To wear with my new Unbranded raw jeans and whatever else. Also, should I get the 1.5" or the skinny 1"? I usually wear a more trim (1") type belt.
Update- the indigo belt is a new option I'm considering..only comes in 1.5, though.
Edited by mitchapalooza - 12/6/12 at 12:08ampost #18959 of 3173212/6/12 at 2:44am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Why blend in 2% of polyester? 3 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 15 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 16 minutes ago
- › The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 24 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 28 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 minutes ago
- › Shanghai Tailors: Midrange 35 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 42 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories