which is the more versatile? Navy blue or charcoal chinos? I'm worried charcoal would be too "dull". thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 3:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 2/22/15 at 7:08am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1263post #18931 of 3016912/5/12 at 10:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18932 of 3016912/5/12 at 10:56ampost #18933 of 3016912/5/12 at 11:08ampost #18934 of 3016912/5/12 at 11:38amQuote:Nothing inherently wrong with dull colored pants. Not every clothing item need be bright and colorful. For example, something bright and colorful, like a pink shirt, can look much better when contrasted with charcoal pants, than when worn with bright colored pants.I'm worried charcoal would be too "dull". thanks.Quote:Brooks Brothers is one option. If on a tighter budget, Lands' End has some decent pants. If you're looking specifically for chinos, lots of people think highly of Bills Khakis. I don't think of J. Press as a "go to" place for pants, but maybe that's just me. You could shop at O'Connell's (which carries Bill's Khakis, among other pants). You could check out Sierra Trading Post, or L.L. Bean, or J. Crew, or Ralph Lauren, or... you know, there are LOTS of sources for pants, generally, and for chinos, specifically. But I see that you're in Norway, and I have no idea what stores you have in Norway, or which places in the US permit easy shipping to Norway, so little point in my running through a list of the top dozen or two dozen sources.Thank you! Where do you reccomend buying from? I was thinking about brooks brothers.
Michaelpost #18935 of 3016912/5/12 at 12:19pmpost #18936 of 3016912/5/12 at 12:56pmQuote:
I own a navy blazer with brass (or at least brass colored) buttons. I would consider my office to be cbd, especially among employees at my level. Should I replace the buttons? Also, since I own a navy blazer, what are some good choices for another odd jacket.post #18937 of 3016912/5/12 at 1:07pm
Thanks a lot!
oh btw, are they considered formal? I will use them with a barbour international.post #18938 of 3016912/5/12 at 1:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by brunost
I will buy these http://www.brooksbrothers.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-brooksbrothers-Site/default/Product-Variation?pid=MR00182&dwvar_MR00182_Color=CREM&dwvar_MR00182_Size=33_34&dfltsize=1
Thanks a lot!
oh btw, are they considered formal? I will use them with a barbour international.
They are casual.post #18939 of 3016912/5/12 at 1:35pmQuote:
Brass buttons are perfectly fine and normal on a blazer- if anything, they're more conservative than horn or matching buttons. I prefer them (well, metal anyway. I replaced the buttons on my current blazer with a set in antique silver), some members on here think they come off as old fashioned and stuffy or whatnot, but they're really fine, even preferable, for the environment you'll be wearing it in.
As for another odd jacket, something in an earthtone. Something in brown or olive would be easy to throw on with khakis, a decent variety of wool trousers, and jeans on weekends. Tweed would be ideal, if that wouldn't be too informal for your workplace. If you go with tweed, gray is also quite useful.post #18940 of 3016912/5/12 at 1:35pmpost #18941 of 3016912/5/12 at 1:38pmpost #18942 of 3016912/5/12 at 1:50pmQuote:
It depends on what type of vest (down, fleece, pullover, etc.). I don't know where this waiter comment is coming from.post #18943 of 3016912/5/12 at 1:54pmQuote:
I didn't read that as a coat-type vest--something warn for warmth. I read it was wanting to wear a vest cut similarly to one that would be worn with a three piece suit... In which case that is not a good look IMO.
Nothing wrong with a vest worn as outerwear. Down vests are great.post #18944 of 3016912/5/12 at 2:10pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1293 Active Users (301 Members and 992 Guests)
- › Hong Kong Shirt Makers 59 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 7 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 9 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › Can Anyone ID these Shoes? 12 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 15 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 18 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...