which is the more versatile? Navy blue or charcoal chinos? I'm worried charcoal would be too "dull". thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:16 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 8:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:28 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1263post #18931 of 3094612/5/12 at 10:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18932 of 3094612/5/12 at 10:56ampost #18933 of 3094612/5/12 at 11:08ampost #18934 of 3094612/5/12 at 11:38amQuote:Nothing inherently wrong with dull colored pants. Not every clothing item need be bright and colorful. For example, something bright and colorful, like a pink shirt, can look much better when contrasted with charcoal pants, than when worn with bright colored pants.I'm worried charcoal would be too "dull". thanks.Quote:Brooks Brothers is one option. If on a tighter budget, Lands' End has some decent pants. If you're looking specifically for chinos, lots of people think highly of Bills Khakis. I don't think of J. Press as a "go to" place for pants, but maybe that's just me. You could shop at O'Connell's (which carries Bill's Khakis, among other pants). You could check out Sierra Trading Post, or L.L. Bean, or J. Crew, or Ralph Lauren, or... you know, there are LOTS of sources for pants, generally, and for chinos, specifically. But I see that you're in Norway, and I have no idea what stores you have in Norway, or which places in the US permit easy shipping to Norway, so little point in my running through a list of the top dozen or two dozen sources.Thank you! Where do you reccomend buying from? I was thinking about brooks brothers.
Michaelpost #18935 of 3094612/5/12 at 12:19pmpost #18936 of 3094612/5/12 at 12:56pmQuote:
I own a navy blazer with brass (or at least brass colored) buttons. I would consider my office to be cbd, especially among employees at my level. Should I replace the buttons? Also, since I own a navy blazer, what are some good choices for another odd jacket.post #18937 of 3094612/5/12 at 1:07pm
Thanks a lot!
oh btw, are they considered formal? I will use them with a barbour international.post #18938 of 3094612/5/12 at 1:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by brunost
I will buy these http://www.brooksbrothers.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-brooksbrothers-Site/default/Product-Variation?pid=MR00182&dwvar_MR00182_Color=CREM&dwvar_MR00182_Size=33_34&dfltsize=1
Thanks a lot!
oh btw, are they considered formal? I will use them with a barbour international.
They are casual.post #18939 of 3094612/5/12 at 1:35pmQuote:
Brass buttons are perfectly fine and normal on a blazer- if anything, they're more conservative than horn or matching buttons. I prefer them (well, metal anyway. I replaced the buttons on my current blazer with a set in antique silver), some members on here think they come off as old fashioned and stuffy or whatnot, but they're really fine, even preferable, for the environment you'll be wearing it in.
As for another odd jacket, something in an earthtone. Something in brown or olive would be easy to throw on with khakis, a decent variety of wool trousers, and jeans on weekends. Tweed would be ideal, if that wouldn't be too informal for your workplace. If you go with tweed, gray is also quite useful.post #18940 of 3094612/5/12 at 1:35pmpost #18941 of 3094612/5/12 at 1:38pmpost #18942 of 3094612/5/12 at 1:50pmQuote:
It depends on what type of vest (down, fleece, pullover, etc.). I don't know where this waiter comment is coming from.post #18943 of 3094612/5/12 at 1:54pmQuote:
I didn't read that as a coat-type vest--something warn for warmth. I read it was wanting to wear a vest cut similarly to one that would be worn with a three piece suit... In which case that is not a good look IMO.
Nothing wrong with a vest worn as outerwear. Down vests are great.post #18944 of 3094612/5/12 at 2:10pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Currently, there are 898 Active Users (147 Members and 751 Guests)
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 1 minute ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 6 minutes ago
- › Any hotel recommendations for Singapore and Bali? 28 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 28 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 32 minutes ago
- › Any good online store for my wife? 33 minutes ago
- › T5 is a dud. Arnie should just retire. 35 minutes ago
- › Fattique Baby's tweets are part smart, part retarded and all laugh... 37 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 43 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...