Does anybody know how Chippewa GQ's fit compared to Iron Rangers? I tried Iron Rangers on, but I might just go for the cheaper Chippewas.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 2:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1245post #18662 of 3251511/25/12 at 3:57pmpost #18663 of 3251511/25/12 at 4:07pmpost #18664 of 3251511/25/12 at 5:12pmpost #18665 of 3251511/25/12 at 6:40pmpost #18666 of 3251511/25/12 at 11:07pmHey guys (1st post), middle-long time lurker
Just wanted to know some quick thoughts on black chukkas - more specifically http://www.lastcall.com/p/Sebago-Tremont-Lace-Up-Boot-Black/.
Some of my thoughts are similar to what has been expressed by others on the forums. Personally a fan of the chukka style (but not crepe soles) and was originally looking for a pair in brown for more casual, everyday use. However, these seemed to be a good deal and less formal than pure black. My concern regards the mixed look of these shoes - the textured black is more casual but seems strange to me in context of a black chukka. Thanks.post #18667 of 3251511/26/12 at 1:19amI was reading the WAYW thread and the words "break" and "stacks" kept coming up. I'm wondering what they mean. I know, I know, Sorry, noob question.
Noob question #2: How do I develop a more discerning eye when it comes to what works and what doesn't? I notice in the WAYW thread a lot of people will critique other people's outfits with things that I don't even notice.post #18668 of 3251511/26/12 at 2:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Left Hand
I was reading the WAYW thread and the words "break" and "stacks" kept coming up. I'm wondering what they mean. I know, I know, Sorry, noob question.
Noob question #2: How do I develop a more discerning eye when it comes to what works and what doesn't? I notice in the WAYW thread a lot of people will critique other people's outfits with things that I don't even notice.
Errrrrr...lurk more?post #18669 of 3251511/26/12 at 2:41amQuote:
Acrylic knitwear makes baby Jesus crypost #18670 of 3251511/26/12 at 2:48ampost #18671 of 3251511/26/12 at 3:08ampost #18672 of 3251511/26/12 at 3:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Left Hand
I've been lurking, just recently signed up. There's usually not that much explanation, though..usually just that something doesn't "work" or comments on somebody's fit. I know it's all about aesthetics, I guess I just haven't trained my eye to catch what works and what doesn't yet..just looking for some pointers.
I think it was serious suggestion. Well...sort of. I think the best way to get this stuff is osmosis. Just keep looking at what people praise, think about what you like about it, and you'll notice your choices in purchasing and wearing improve organically.
Though by all means, post while doing so (so I suppose...don't lurk more...but observe plenty)post #18673 of 3251511/26/12 at 6:29amQuote:
Cole Haan does not get a lot of love on these forums, in my opinion for good reason - they are not a good shoe.Quote:
Sure.Quote:Originally Posted by ohyoumad
I'm 6'3 170, and have tons of problems finding clothes that I like the fit/look of.
Why do some thermals/t shirts give me the appearance of man boobs, even though I have none? Not every shirt, just every now and then I'll try something on, and boom.
What kind of boxers are best for wearing under skinnier clothes? I recently picked up some Levis 508s (tapered) and I'm still always struggling with my boxer briefs rolling up on the leg and causing discomfort. And when I wear skinny chinos (not too skinny, they fit fine in the waist) some of them still show a dreaded outline even though there's plenty of loose fabric. I'm thinking I need something that keeps me held in better. Any help appreciated. I really think it's a problem with the underwear, since I'm having problems even when wearing 508s. Same problem with my APC NS.
Finally, in the levi's 508's I got, I tend to roll up the bottoms once for a nicer look. However, the jeans don't seem to want to stay rolled and 5 minutes later the small cuff I created in the pants has gotten bigger. Is this just due to cheap denim? Anything I can do to keep a cuff in place without pinrolling?
Check with SW&D.Quote:
I disagree completely.post #18674 of 3251511/26/12 at 6:39amQuote:
"Break" is a term used for pants to describe how the hem falls. Usually described as "no break," "slight break", or "full break." Can look those up on your own.
"Stacks" is a denim nerd term for how jeans with a longer inseam "stacks" or bunches up around your ankles if the opening is narrow enough.post #18675 of 3251511/26/12 at 7:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Archimedes
Hey everyone. Just a quick question about leather jackets (the search function is not working very well and I couldn't find a more relevant thread I'm afraid, so I apologize for the possible off-topic).
What do you guys think of the quality of Corneliani leather jackets? I know Corneliani is well regarded when it comes to suits but I couldn't find any relevant information on its leather jackets... Iam specifically interested in the Corneliani ID brand (which as I understand is more fashion-forward but compromises on quality. Don't know whether there are leather jackets on the mainline though)
Thanks in advance for you input and thoughts!
So, does no one have any experience with (or overall opinion about) the quality of Corneliani leather goods, or should I post the question on a different thread?
Thanks again and sorry to bump my question, but I was encouraged by the questions of previous posters (mine cannot be that bad)
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 16 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 17 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 20 minutes ago
- › Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official... 23 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts