Do you mean crease? The pleat is sewn in.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 12:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on Today at 5:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:10 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1245
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18662 of 3055411/25/12 at 3:29pmpost #18663 of 3055411/25/12 at 3:34pmpost #18664 of 3055411/25/12 at 3:57pmpost #18665 of 3055411/25/12 at 4:07pmpost #18666 of 3055411/25/12 at 5:12pmpost #18667 of 3055411/25/12 at 6:40pmpost #18668 of 3055411/25/12 at 11:07pmHey guys (1st post), middle-long time lurker
Just wanted to know some quick thoughts on black chukkas - more specifically http://www.lastcall.com/p/Sebago-Tremont-Lace-Up-Boot-Black/.
Some of my thoughts are similar to what has been expressed by others on the forums. Personally a fan of the chukka style (but not crepe soles) and was originally looking for a pair in brown for more casual, everyday use. However, these seemed to be a good deal and less formal than pure black. My concern regards the mixed look of these shoes - the textured black is more casual but seems strange to me in context of a black chukka. Thanks.post #18669 of 3055411/26/12 at 1:19amI was reading the WAYW thread and the words "break" and "stacks" kept coming up. I'm wondering what they mean. I know, I know, Sorry, noob question.
Noob question #2: How do I develop a more discerning eye when it comes to what works and what doesn't? I notice in the WAYW thread a lot of people will critique other people's outfits with things that I don't even notice.post #18670 of 3055411/26/12 at 2:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Left Hand
I was reading the WAYW thread and the words "break" and "stacks" kept coming up. I'm wondering what they mean. I know, I know, Sorry, noob question.
Noob question #2: How do I develop a more discerning eye when it comes to what works and what doesn't? I notice in the WAYW thread a lot of people will critique other people's outfits with things that I don't even notice.
Errrrrr...lurk more?post #18671 of 3055411/26/12 at 2:41amQuote:
Acrylic knitwear makes baby Jesus crypost #18672 of 3055411/26/12 at 2:48ampost #18673 of 3055411/26/12 at 3:08ampost #18674 of 3055411/26/12 at 3:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Left Hand
I've been lurking, just recently signed up. There's usually not that much explanation, though..usually just that something doesn't "work" or comments on somebody's fit. I know it's all about aesthetics, I guess I just haven't trained my eye to catch what works and what doesn't yet..just looking for some pointers.
I think it was serious suggestion. Well...sort of. I think the best way to get this stuff is osmosis. Just keep looking at what people praise, think about what you like about it, and you'll notice your choices in purchasing and wearing improve organically.
Though by all means, post while doing so (so I suppose...don't lurk more...but observe plenty)post #18675 of 3055411/26/12 at 6:29amQuote:
Cole Haan does not get a lot of love on these forums, in my opinion for good reason - they are not a good shoe.Quote:
Sure.Quote:Originally Posted by ohyoumad
I'm 6'3 170, and have tons of problems finding clothes that I like the fit/look of.
Why do some thermals/t shirts give me the appearance of man boobs, even though I have none? Not every shirt, just every now and then I'll try something on, and boom.
What kind of boxers are best for wearing under skinnier clothes? I recently picked up some Levis 508s (tapered) and I'm still always struggling with my boxer briefs rolling up on the leg and causing discomfort. And when I wear skinny chinos (not too skinny, they fit fine in the waist) some of them still show a dreaded outline even though there's plenty of loose fabric. I'm thinking I need something that keeps me held in better. Any help appreciated. I really think it's a problem with the underwear, since I'm having problems even when wearing 508s. Same problem with my APC NS.
Finally, in the levi's 508's I got, I tend to roll up the bottoms once for a nicer look. However, the jeans don't seem to want to stay rolled and 5 minutes later the small cuff I created in the pants has gotten bigger. Is this just due to cheap denim? Anything I can do to keep a cuff in place without pinrolling?
Check with SW&D.Quote:
I disagree completely.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › San Francisco Bay Area, SF, Styleforum Meetup Hosted by Khaki's Of... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › GRAY JACKETS? .. . PERFECT! . . IT'LL MATCH MY HAIR! .............. 7 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...