Yes that shape is acceptable, but to be honest if you paid over $100 for those cole haan's they aren't worth it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:03 am in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 5/23/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 8:21 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1244post #18646 of 3072211/24/12 at 9:14pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18647 of 3072211/24/12 at 9:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by ohyoumad
I'm 6'3 170, and have tons of problems finding clothes that I like the fit/look of.
Why do some thermals/t shirts give me the appearance of man boobs, even though I have none? Not every shirt, just every now and then I'll try something on, and boom.
What kind of boxers are best for wearing under skinnier clothes? I recently picked up some Levis 508s (tapered) and I'm still always struggling with my boxer briefs rolling up on the leg and causing discomfort. And when I wear skinny chinos (not too skinny, they fit fine in the waist) some of them still show a dreaded outline even though there's plenty of loose fabric. I'm thinking I need something that keeps me held in better. Any help appreciated. I really think it's a problem with the underwear, since I'm having problems even when wearing 508s. Same problem with my APC NS.
Finally, in the levi's 508's I got, I tend to roll up the bottoms once for a nicer look. However, the jeans don't seem to want to stay rolled and 5 minutes later the small cuff I created in the pants has gotten bigger. Is this just due to cheap denim? Anything I can do to keep a cuff in place without pinrolling?
if it makes you look like you have man boobs, either be honest and do a few more push ups, (no shame bro) or just don't wear those brands. that's pretty self explanatory.
underwear under skinny clothes, if you don't want to go full briefs (who does) i would suggest the "trunks" style, it's a bit of a shorter leg and trimmer cut. I recently was turned onto "bottoms out" which you can get via amazon for about $6 a pair. can't go wrong there.
if you want the cuff to stay where it is, you can iron it there. not crazy but a little ironing will keep it in place.post #18648 of 3072211/24/12 at 9:19pmpost #18649 of 3072211/24/12 at 9:22pmQuote:
Yeah, i didnt pick them up.
Just curious, why wouldnt they be worth it?
I am trying to get more wingtips, Been looking at some allen edmonds on ebay and such, i was just curious. Have any recommendations?post #18650 of 3072211/24/12 at 10:06pmQuote:
the construction of a cole haan shoe as well as the quality of the leather really is sub par. For a bargain, go meermin (see the thread here on SF) or for a step up go carmina or crockett & jones.post #18651 of 3072211/24/12 at 10:18pmpost #18652 of 3072211/25/12 at 10:18am
I recently picked up two suits at an estate sale and have a couple of quick questions...
I have not seen a Brioni Label designed like the one on this suit, marked 100% Wool, Made in Italy. Is anyone familiar with this label, authenticity, age, etc?
Second is from the same lot, it is also marked Made in Italy. I have seen the label before, but what is the brand called?
Suggestions for auction titles?post #18653 of 3072211/25/12 at 10:50amQuote:
No mang... you don't want your cuff links dangling out...that could look ridiculous. You want it to show discreetly in your movements. Agree that 0.25-.5'' sounds good.post #18654 of 3072211/25/12 at 11:55ampost #18655 of 3072211/25/12 at 12:17pmpost #18656 of 3072211/25/12 at 12:43pmpost #18657 of 3072211/25/12 at 12:57pmpost #18658 of 3072211/25/12 at 1:00pmpost #18659 of 3072211/25/12 at 2:15pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 9 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan