Agreed, especially if you only button the middle button and let it roll.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 5:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1239post #18571 of 3219011/21/12 at 11:52am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18572 of 3219011/21/12 at 1:40pmpost #18573 of 3219011/21/12 at 2:32pmpost #18574 of 3219011/21/12 at 2:39pmpost #18575 of 3219011/21/12 at 2:48pmpost #18576 of 3219011/21/12 at 3:14pmpost #18577 of 3219011/21/12 at 3:20pmpost #18578 of 3219011/21/12 at 3:33pmpost #18579 of 3219011/21/12 at 4:19pmpost #18580 of 3219011/22/12 at 1:05amQuote:
It has! Thanks for noticing. The label says the size is a Euro 52R. The length is 29" from BOC. In my experience, a Euro 52R has a length of 31" from BOC or more. That means the previous owner cut 2" off the bottom (a big alteration). The button stance and everything is thrown off when this is done. I agree. It looks awkward.post #18581 of 3219011/22/12 at 6:24am
I just purchased a custom made suit and when the final product came, I noticed a slight difference between the way the darts on the front end. On the left (first picture), the dart comes apart in a noticeable V, while the one on the right (2nd picture) finishes cleanly. Something that is not apparent because the photos are taken head-on with flash is that the one of the left also puffs up ever so slightly because there is loose fabric around the top. I mentioned this to the tailor and he said that it just requires ironing, but no matter how much pressing I do, it does not go away. This is my first custom suit and the first suit I've bought since college 10 years ago so I'm by no means an expert on this. My question is:
1. Is this a defect? Should I go back to the tailor to have him fix it?
2. What is involved in fixing something?
Thanks in advance for any advicepost #18582 of 3219011/22/12 at 7:27am
Has anyone looked at the new mens shoes from Saks? They are made in Italy, look to be high quality and are priced at $300. The salesperson said their motivation was to produce an in house product that competes with Alden/AE but with more continental looks. It looks to me that they may well have done that. He did not know who was making them.post #18583 of 3219011/22/12 at 9:33ampost #18584 of 3219011/22/12 at 9:37am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 33 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Cordovan Shortwing Bluchers - 9.5E 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden. Cigar Shell. Cordovan LWB size 10D. 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 21 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?