I like the way it looks on you. It's darted in the back. That's why it feels snug. Sleeves are good. You will appreicate the length when you wear a jacket.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 5:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 6/3/15 at 4:58am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:57 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 3:00 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1239post #18571 of 3092711/21/12 at 10:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18572 of 3092711/21/12 at 10:27am
Thanks for the opinion. I think "eighties" when I see wide lapels and large mouth, low hanging gorges. It's has a 3-2 button stance and the owner made the mistake of buttoning the top button. It probably would look better if the middle button was buttoned instead. I can't see how the lapels roll, if at all. Perhaps that would improve with pressing. Again, something bothers me about those lapels. They don't look contemporary like some of the more current jacket styles.
Edited by jcriswel - 11/21/12 at 1:55pmpost #18573 of 3092711/21/12 at 11:52ampost #18574 of 3092711/21/12 at 1:40pmpost #18575 of 3092711/21/12 at 2:32pmpost #18576 of 3092711/21/12 at 2:39pmpost #18577 of 3092711/21/12 at 2:48pmpost #18578 of 3092711/21/12 at 3:14pmpost #18579 of 3092711/21/12 at 3:20pmpost #18580 of 3092711/21/12 at 3:33pmpost #18581 of 3092711/21/12 at 4:19pmpost #18582 of 3092711/22/12 at 1:05amQuote:
It has! Thanks for noticing. The label says the size is a Euro 52R. The length is 29" from BOC. In my experience, a Euro 52R has a length of 31" from BOC or more. That means the previous owner cut 2" off the bottom (a big alteration). The button stance and everything is thrown off when this is done. I agree. It looks awkward.post #18583 of 3092711/22/12 at 6:24am
I just purchased a custom made suit and when the final product came, I noticed a slight difference between the way the darts on the front end. On the left (first picture), the dart comes apart in a noticeable V, while the one on the right (2nd picture) finishes cleanly. Something that is not apparent because the photos are taken head-on with flash is that the one of the left also puffs up ever so slightly because there is loose fabric around the top. I mentioned this to the tailor and he said that it just requires ironing, but no matter how much pressing I do, it does not go away. This is my first custom suit and the first suit I've bought since college 10 years ago so I'm by no means an expert on this. My question is:
1. Is this a defect? Should I go back to the tailor to have him fix it?
2. What is involved in fixing something?
Thanks in advance for any advicepost #18584 of 3092711/22/12 at 7:27am
Has anyone looked at the new mens shoes from Saks? They are made in Italy, look to be high quality and are priced at $300. The salesperson said their motivation was to produce an in house product that competes with Alden/AE but with more continental looks. It looks to me that they may well have done that. He did not know who was making them.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 47 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 54 seconds ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Indochino suits? 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...