Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 1:21 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1238post #18556 of 3218711/20/12 at 7:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18557 of 3218711/20/12 at 7:58pmpost #18558 of 3218711/20/12 at 10:34pmpost #18559 of 3218711/20/12 at 10:40pm
Hi does anyone know where I can order, or find something very similar to this jumper?
Or better yet, if a tailor could reproduce it for me, for the best fit? I'm in Bangkok at the moment and I'm getting a suit made by a great tailor so I'm thinking of showing him the photo.. is this the kind of thing a tailor could reproduce; its a little different to the normal suits and shirts they seem to do.post #18560 of 3218711/20/12 at 11:21pmpost #18561 of 3218711/21/12 at 7:08amQuote:
Horn buttons will cost about $10-15 for the buttons (depending on # of sleeve buttons), and probably $1 a piece to get sewn on. I just had this done with a thrifted blazer and got the buttons here.post #18562 of 3218711/21/12 at 7:32ampost #18563 of 3218711/21/12 at 9:17ampost #18564 of 3218711/21/12 at 9:29amQuote:Originally Posted by SartorialNYC
Hey. Just purchased a pair of loafers and I'm wondering what kind of clothes I can wear with these loafers in terms of casual / something a little more formal. Accidentally posted a thread about it and then saw this thread. Thanks.
You can wear anything with these except a suit. Others will tell you you can wear them with a suit, but don't.post #18565 of 3218711/21/12 at 9:45ampost #18566 of 3218711/21/12 at 9:55amQuote:
+1 on Alden. I am a fan, especially of their shell cordovan leather.Quote:
Shortening the sleeve from the wrist about $10 per sleeve. From the shoulder can be much more expensive.
Replacing the buttons themselves only about a dollar or two per button. The cost to purchase the buttons varies depending on source.
EDIT - When I replace buttons I always ask the tailor to "double button" those buttons I'll be buttoning on a regular basis. So for example, on my overcoat I have the front buttons attached to smaller buttons on the back. I find that this offers greater strength and makes it less likely the button will come loose at some point in the future, while also putting less stress on the fabric itself. Actually, I have no idea if that's true but I like to think it is.
In this instance I sewed the new buttons on myself, but you get the idea.
Backalpost #18567 of 3218711/21/12 at 10:08ampost #18568 of 3218711/21/12 at 10:14ampost #18569 of 3218711/21/12 at 10:20amQuote:
I like the way it looks on you. It's darted in the back. That's why it feels snug. Sleeves are good. You will appreicate the length when you wear a jacket.post #18570 of 3218711/21/12 at 10:27am
Thanks for the opinion. I think "eighties" when I see wide lapels and large mouth, low hanging gorges. It's has a 3-2 button stance and the owner made the mistake of buttoning the top button. It probably would look better if the middle button was buttoned instead. I can't see how the lapels roll, if at all. Perhaps that would improve with pressing. Again, something bothers me about those lapels. They don't look contemporary like some of the more current jacket styles.
Edited by jcriswel - 11/21/12 at 1:55pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 20 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 32 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 44 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 54 seconds ago
- › NWT ISAIA windowpane plaid sport jacket EU52R 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...