Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 4:16 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 11:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 10:32 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1236
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18527 of 3095111/19/12 at 8:02ampost #18528 of 3095111/19/12 at 11:47ampost #18529 of 3095111/19/12 at 12:44pmpost #18530 of 3095111/19/12 at 12:56pmpost #18531 of 3095111/19/12 at 1:08pmpost #18532 of 3095111/19/12 at 3:12pmQuote:
Who is the maker on the shoes? I think a re-crafting service, if available from the maker, would do the trick for you. Other than that, if you haven't used saddle soap to clean off all the wax to take a look at what lie underneath, I'd recommend it and proceed from there.post #18533 of 3095111/19/12 at 5:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by IrateCustomer
Who is the maker on the shoes? I think a re-crafting service, if available from the maker, would do the trick for you. Other than that, if you haven't used saddle soap to clean off all the wax to take a look at what lie underneath, I'd recommend it and proceed from there.
Regular English shoemakers (EG, C&J). Re-crafting is always an option but too expensive for the value in my case. I don't mind the color, just wonder if there is any cheap/quick fix.post #18534 of 3095111/19/12 at 7:01pmpost #18535 of 3095111/19/12 at 9:10pmpost #18536 of 3095111/19/12 at 9:17pmpost #18537 of 3095111/19/12 at 9:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bartleby Trout
So, I was wondering if you could tell me what I could wear with these. They are a reddish/brown pair of loafers. I was told that I cannot wear these with jeans because they are too formal looking. Is this true? Also, what kind of socks would I wear with these?
I'd say you can't wear those with jeans because they're too ugly looking. I recommend donating those.
EDIT: I realize that that sounds harsh. I wasn't trying to be offensive, I just think there's a lot of unnecessary stitching that's pretty ugly.
Edited by Chase H - 11/19/12 at 9:58pmpost #18538 of 3095111/19/12 at 9:40pmQuote:You could wear them with most anything from jeans, up through chinos and cords, all the way to wool trousers w/sportcoat.
I'm not one who holds fast to the rule about not wearing loafers with suits, although the loafers in question don't strike me as being a particularly good pairing with most suits.Quote:Well, now you've been told that you can wear them with jeans, and that they're not too formal looking.I was told that I cannot wear these with jeans because they are too formal looking.
Penny loafers and jeans is a very traditional combination. Not everybody cares for it, and presumably the person who told you your loafers were too formal to wear with jeans doesn't care for it. But it's been a widely accepted pairing for 60+ years now.Quote:You could opt not to wear socks with them. (Not my favorite look, but I'm not terribly offended by it during the warm weather months.) Plenty of men opt for solid color socks. (JFK often wore them this way.) I not infrequently wear mine with argyles. (The picture, below, shows James Dean wearing argyle socks with his penny loafers..)Also, what kind of socks would I wear with these?
Michaelpost #18539 of 3095111/19/12 at 10:47pmpost #18540 of 3095111/20/12 at 3:28am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › In Praise (but also Suspicion) of Patterned Pants 1 minute ago
- › Motorcycles 9 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 17 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 23 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 25 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 30 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 31 minutes ago
- › LAB PAL ZILERI JACKET BLAZER 33 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 34 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...