hahaha, quite funny... but very true!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 7/2/15 at 4:16am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 8:07 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:57 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 8:21 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1227
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18392 of 3095311/8/12 at 4:38pmpost #18393 of 3095311/8/12 at 5:01pmNot one of AE's better styles. If just starting out, the Park Ave, 5th Ave, and Strands are the classics. Walnut strands go with everything from jeans to not-super-formal suits.
There are tons of threads about the various AE models out there. Don't let the folks with $$$ Edward Greens and G&Gs dissuade you, the AEs are great shoes for the money, especially when bought through the shoe bank. You just have to be careful--AE has some nice classic styles and some terrible styles. Picking wisely is the trick.post #18394 of 3095311/8/12 at 6:03pmQuote:Square toe and bicycle style are SF no nos.Originally Posted by OlenWeaver
Thoughts on these shoes for business very-casual wear (or any other time)? Is the toe too square? HIDE (Click to show)Quote:Some purists will say that you should only wear oxfords with suits, but some people do wear PTBs and bluchers with suits.Originally Posted by OlenWeaver
Next ignorant question:
Is an Allen Edmonds Leeds both casual enough to wear with chinos and dressy enough to wear with a suit occasionally? hide (Click to show)Quote:There are some fans in the AE thread. I am not one of themOriginally Posted by aravenel
Not one of AE's better styles. If just starting out, the Park Ave, 5th Ave, and Strands are the classics. Walnut strands go with everything from jeans to not-super-formal suits.
There are tons of threads about the various AE models out there. Don't let the folks with $$$ Edward Greens and G&Gs dissuade you, the AEs are great shoes for the money, especially when bought through the shoe bank. You just have to be careful--AE has some nice classic styles and some terrible styles. Picking wisely is the trick.post #18395 of 3095311/8/12 at 6:40pmpost #18396 of 3095311/8/12 at 6:41pmpost #18397 of 3095311/8/12 at 7:09pmpost #18398 of 3095311/8/12 at 7:21pmQuote:
+1. If you get black Park Aves and walnut Strands to start off with, you have two pairs of shoes that will cover the gamut from tuxedo to jeans.post #18399 of 3095311/8/12 at 7:58pmpost #18400 of 3095311/9/12 at 5:46amQuote:
I use this guy for general shoe maintenance, but his signs say he does custom stuff. He also does footwear for broadway costumes (warning, the website design is heinous):post #18401 of 3095311/9/12 at 8:20ampost #18402 of 3095311/9/12 at 11:02ampost #18403 of 3095311/9/12 at 6:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by msulinski
I use this guy for general shoe maintenance, but his signs say he does custom stuff. He also does footwear for broadway costumes (warning, the website design is heinous):
thanks a lot , and how would you rate his shoe maintenance? because i also have leather boots that i plan on repairing since the leather is crackingpost #18404 of 3095311/10/12 at 9:11ampost #18405 of 3095311/10/12 at 1:25pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › The Official RRL Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › How to keep dress shirt from riding up? 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Singapore tailors 2015 thread 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...