or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1227

post #18391 of 30727
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post


please don't. Unless you have to for medical reasons.

hahaha, quite funny... but very true!

post #18392 of 30727

Next ignorant question:

 

Is an Allen Edmonds Leeds both casual enough to wear with chinos and dressy enough to wear with a suit occasionally?

 

post #18393 of 30727
Not one of AE's better styles. If just starting out, the Park Ave, 5th Ave, and Strands are the classics. Walnut strands go with everything from jeans to not-super-formal suits.

There are tons of threads about the various AE models out there. Don't let the folks with $$$ Edward Greens and G&Gs dissuade you, the AEs are great shoes for the money, especially when bought through the shoe bank. You just have to be careful--AE has some nice classic styles and some terrible styles. Picking wisely is the trick.
post #18394 of 30727
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlenWeaver View Post

Thoughts on these shoes for business very-casual wear (or any other time)? Is the toe too square? HIDE (Click to show)




[/sppoiler]
Square toe and bicycle style are SF no nos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlenWeaver View Post

Is the AE shoe bank online? Google gave me a dead link.
There is no website for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlenWeaver View Post

Next ignorant question:

Is an Allen Edmonds Leeds both casual enough to wear with chinos and dressy enough to wear with a suit occasionally? hide (Click to show)


Some purists will say that you should only wear oxfords with suits, but some people do wear PTBs and bluchers with suits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Not one of AE's better styles. If just starting out, the Park Ave, 5th Ave, and Strands are the classics. Walnut strands go with everything from jeans to not-super-formal suits.
There are tons of threads about the various AE models out there. Don't let the folks with $$$ Edward Greens and G&Gs dissuade you, the AEs are great shoes for the money, especially when bought through the shoe bank. You just have to be careful--AE has some nice classic styles and some terrible styles. Picking wisely is the trick.
There are some fans in the AE thread. I am not one of them
post #18395 of 30727
Olen search AE Clifton on Google it is discontinued but available through the shoe bank. I have them and think they are great first shoes that are versatile. Also look at Mcallister, Del ray and Park Avenue.
post #18396 of 30727

Hey guys, is there any NYC stores that makes custom boots of your design and look?

 

 thanks
 

post #18397 of 30727
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgreg View Post

Anyone knows the italian cashmere brand DORIANI? How's the quality compare to Loro Piana and Cucinelli?

any italians here?
post #18398 of 30727
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Not one of AE's better styles. If just starting out, the Park Ave, 5th Ave, and Strands are the classics. Walnut strands go with everything from jeans to not-super-formal suits.

+1. If you get black Park Aves and walnut Strands to start off with, you have two pairs of shoes that will cover the gamut from tuxedo to jeans.
post #18399 of 30727
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofojoet View Post

Hey guys, is there any NYC stores that makes custom boots of your design and look?
 thanks
Doesn't help for your search in NY, but I recall there was one in DC.
post #18400 of 30727
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofojoet View Post

Hey guys, is there any NYC stores that makes custom boots of your design and look?

 

 thanks
 

I use this guy for general shoe maintenance, but his signs say he does custom stuff. He also does footwear for broadway costumes (warning, the website design is heinous):

http://www.samvasili.com/

post #18401 of 30727
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlenWeaver View Post

Next ignorant question:

Is an Allen Edmonds Leeds both casual enough to wear with chinos and dressy enough to wear with a suit occasionally?



I have the Leeds and that's how I wear them. Consider them in burgundy instead of black.
post #18402 of 30727
I like the Leeds in shell, not so much in calf.
post #18403 of 30727
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

I use this guy for general shoe maintenance, but his signs say he does custom stuff. He also does footwear for broadway costumes (warning, the website design is heinous):

http://www.samvasili.com/

thanks a lot , and how would you rate his shoe maintenance? because i also have leather boots that i plan on repairing since the leather is cracking

post #18404 of 30727
Anyone know how Barena cotton blazers / jackets fit? Looking at one in 42 and I'm normally a 40 but may size up for shoulders / arms in some italian brands
post #18405 of 30727
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofojoet View Post

thanks a lot , and how would you rate his shoe maintenance? because i also have leather boots that i plan on repairing since the leather is cracking

He did a good job with the sole guards, but that is the extent of the maintenance I have needed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)