Light colored coat at night- I would think it would stick out too much. But I get a bit neurotic about crap like that so it's good to be told that it works fine. Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 3:11 am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:22 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 3/26/15 at 5:35pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:54 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1217post #18241 of 3035510/31/12 at 10:24am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18242 of 3035510/31/12 at 12:10pm
this is a long shot...
found this tie in a photo here http://ruffledblog.com/galleries/bohemian-artist-wedding-ideas/?nggpage=4&pid=77747
trying to find it or something similar. Yibei has similar design but they're.. just not as nice.
thankspost #18243 of 3035510/31/12 at 6:28pmpost #18244 of 3035510/31/12 at 7:49pmpost #18245 of 3035510/31/12 at 8:26pmpost #18246 of 3035510/31/12 at 8:27pmpost #18247 of 3035510/31/12 at 8:38pmpost #18248 of 3035510/31/12 at 9:42pmpost #18249 of 3035511/1/12 at 12:10amQuote:Originally Posted by ufmace
Got this new blazer and I'm not completely sure how to match it with stronger colored shirts. I'm going for a casual/bold kind of look. Does the above color combo look about right, horrible, what? Any other good/bads for shirt color? Blue, red, orange, yellow of the same saturation?
don't like the green but the jacket is goodpost #18250 of 3035511/1/12 at 2:16ampost #18251 of 3035511/1/12 at 2:35ampost #18252 of 3035511/1/12 at 8:38ampost #18253 of 3035511/1/12 at 9:27amQuote:IMO a camel or tan would be fine even in the evening if you were wearing it during the day.post #18254 of 3035511/1/12 at 12:45pm
I took these pants to a local alterations guy for repair. There is about a 1 inch long rip in them. Visible on the knee but didn't seem to go through the fabric:
The alterations guy said they would need to weave threads from the pocket into the fabric and quoted me $120 for the whole process. Is this the only way to repair a fabric tear like this, and is $120 a good rate (I have a feeling I am being overcharged). I'm in NYC, is there anyone who can get the repair done cheaper who you'd recommend?post #18255 of 3035511/1/12 at 2:14pm
Can anyone speak on the quality of older Dior ties, particularly the slimmer ones that are all silk or silk/poly?
They often will look yellowed/dingy and their structuring fabric seems out of sorts. Folks on ebay and etsy have no problems selling them, but are they worth picking up when I find them?
Aside from the occasional PRL or BB, they're the only seemingly nicer neckwear that I come across in thrift shops here in Oklahoma City.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 16 seconds ago
- › GET= Czech Rep. vs Latvia Live streaming 16 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › JOY= Croatia vs Norway Live streaming 1 minute ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › PLAY=Azerbaijan vs Malta Live streaming 2 minutes ago
- › LIVE= Israel vs Wales Live streaming 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...