Light colored coat at night- I would think it would stick out too much. But I get a bit neurotic about crap like that so it's good to be told that it works fine. Thanks!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:34 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 9:25 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1217post #18241 of 3107110/31/12 at 10:24am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18242 of 3107110/31/12 at 12:10pm
this is a long shot...
found this tie in a photo here http://ruffledblog.com/galleries/bohemian-artist-wedding-ideas/?nggpage=4&pid=77747
trying to find it or something similar. Yibei has similar design but they're.. just not as nice.
thankspost #18243 of 3107110/31/12 at 6:28pmpost #18244 of 3107110/31/12 at 7:49pmpost #18245 of 3107110/31/12 at 8:26pmpost #18246 of 3107110/31/12 at 8:27pmpost #18247 of 3107110/31/12 at 8:38pmpost #18248 of 3107110/31/12 at 9:42pmpost #18249 of 3107111/1/12 at 12:10amQuote:Originally Posted by ufmace
Got this new blazer and I'm not completely sure how to match it with stronger colored shirts. I'm going for a casual/bold kind of look. Does the above color combo look about right, horrible, what? Any other good/bads for shirt color? Blue, red, orange, yellow of the same saturation?
don't like the green but the jacket is goodpost #18250 of 3107111/1/12 at 2:16ampost #18251 of 3107111/1/12 at 2:35ampost #18252 of 3107111/1/12 at 8:38ampost #18253 of 3107111/1/12 at 9:27amQuote:IMO a camel or tan would be fine even in the evening if you were wearing it during the day.post #18254 of 3107111/1/12 at 12:45pm
I took these pants to a local alterations guy for repair. There is about a 1 inch long rip in them. Visible on the knee but didn't seem to go through the fabric:
The alterations guy said they would need to weave threads from the pocket into the fabric and quoted me $120 for the whole process. Is this the only way to repair a fabric tear like this, and is $120 a good rate (I have a feeling I am being overcharged). I'm in NYC, is there anyone who can get the repair done cheaper who you'd recommend?post #18255 of 3107111/1/12 at 2:14pm
Can anyone speak on the quality of older Dior ties, particularly the slimmer ones that are all silk or silk/poly?
They often will look yellowed/dingy and their structuring fabric seems out of sorts. Folks on ebay and etsy have no problems selling them, but are they worth picking up when I find them?
Aside from the occasional PRL or BB, they're the only seemingly nicer neckwear that I come across in thrift shops here in Oklahoma City.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 21 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Waistcoat for midnight blue tux 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › *Edited* Helping a rural Midwestern find his classic style 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What is this hat? 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...