thanks for the opinions everyone! ended up picking them up, at just over $100 it was a little too hard to resist.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 7/31/15 at 4:34am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 1:32 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1200post #17986 of 3107310/14/12 at 7:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17987 of 3107310/14/12 at 8:25pmpost #17988 of 3107310/14/12 at 9:00pm
I'm currently a college student and I'm getting tired of always wearing gym shoes/tennis shoes. I'd really like to get some casual leather shoes (they don't necessarily have to be leather). I live in Florida so I always wear khaki shorts/cargo shorts and a polo. What shoes do you think I should get? By the way, I do not like penny loafers/moccasins so those are out. Thank you, I appreciate your respones.post #17989 of 3107310/14/12 at 10:45pmpost #17990 of 3107310/15/12 at 7:49amQuote:
Seems it was before your time here on SF. The remarks stuck since I came across them after first joining. I said single buckle is described that way, double buckle has much love on SF. Example 1 Example 2 Now you've seen monk straps described that way on SF.post #17991 of 3107310/15/12 at 9:34amQuote:
Wow, indeed I have... Personally I loathe monk straps of all varieties, so I'm glad to know I'm not alone.post #17992 of 3107310/15/12 at 10:41am
So I just wore my brand new suit yesterday and must have bumped into something, because I noticed a 3/4 inch tear in the fabric right on the knee which is clearly visible when I am seating. It's a solid charcoal, 100% wool suit.
Is this fixable? Would my local tailor be able to do it, or are there special services you would recommend, and how much would those cost?post #17993 of 3107310/15/12 at 11:01ampost #17994 of 3107310/15/12 at 11:12ampost #17995 of 3107310/15/12 at 11:38ampost #17996 of 3107310/15/12 at 12:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by clarksdb
Where can I get a simple belt such as this:
In black and brown but around $30? Willing to buy online. Are there any recommendations?
http://www.narragansettleathers.com/belt114.htmlpost #17997 of 3107310/15/12 at 12:35pmQuote:
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Saxxon%C2%99-Wool-Raglan-Boyfriend-Cardigan/WY00225,default,pd.html?dwvar_WY00225_Color=GREY&contentpos=49post #17998 of 3107310/15/12 at 3:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Vivaldi09
I'm currently a college student and I'm getting tired of always wearing gym shoes/tennis shoes. I'd really like to get some casual leather shoes (they don't necessarily have to be leather). I live in Florida so I always wear khaki shorts/cargo shorts and a polo. What shoes do you think I should get? By the way, I do not like penny loafers/moccasins so those are out. Thank you, I appreciate your respones.
Can someone please answer this question?post #17999 of 3107310/15/12 at 5:41pm
I am looking for a belt similar to the Allen Edmonds Yukon. I have decide to not get the Yukon because of some quality issues I have read about in regards to this belt. I am pairing the shoes with the Mctavish in the Natural color. Does anyone have any suggestions on a belt? I have a few dark brown belts but I am looking for something lighter. I thought I found a Martin Dingman at Nordstrom's today but they did not have my size. Thanks for your time.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Naked and famous denim 48 seconds ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 11 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 20 minutes ago
- › Lacoste polo real or not? 28 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 28 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 30 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...