Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 1:21 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1185post #17761 of 3218510/3/12 at 12:45pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17762 of 3218510/3/12 at 1:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Is it possible to dry clean shirts too often? I live in a place where dry cleaning, even good dry cleaning, is very cheap (bad will cost you around a dollar per shirt, good around $2.50). Each shirt probably gets dry cleaned twice a month, worn once or twice before getting dry cleaned. I have about 12 shirts regular rotation (most cotton, a few linen).
Don't get them dry cleaned! The dry cleaning is bad for the cotton, and is completely unnecessary! just have them laundered and pressed, it's just as good and it will save the fibers of the shirt!post #17763 of 3218510/3/12 at 1:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by powenb
I've been looking for another pair of double monk straps in a lighter colour than my Burgundy ones.
The top pair in the below picture are from Scarpe Di Bianco and are what I crave but they are a bit too much at the moment, and I wondered if you think the bottom pair are an equal substitute?
check out the meermin ones, http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2050 or the carmina's http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640219 or http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1414/Salinger-Double-Monk-Brown/Detailpost #17764 of 3218510/3/12 at 1:30pmQuote:
I think that's what I was saying with the 'partially' lined ones.post #17765 of 3218510/3/12 at 1:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by JBMarce21
check out the meermin ones, http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2050 or the carmina's http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640219 or http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1414/Salinger-Double-Monk-Brown/Detail
Thanks for those.
The Carmina ones are nice but would like them to be more burnished.
I already have some nice Burgundy ones so wanted something a little different.post #17766 of 3218510/3/12 at 2:11pmpost #17767 of 3218510/3/12 at 2:46pmpost #17768 of 3218510/3/12 at 3:48pmpost #17769 of 3218510/3/12 at 4:42pmpost #17770 of 3218510/3/12 at 5:13pmQuote:
The two types you don't want are the SF favorites, but you can look into point collars or cut away collars...post #17771 of 3218510/3/12 at 5:26pmpost #17772 of 3218510/3/12 at 5:47pmQuote:
I think the consensus is Suit Supply is the best value for money.post #17773 of 3218510/3/12 at 5:51pmQuote:
Their base rate for MTM is also almost 2x the price of the others. I'm a college student, I won't be wearing the suit too often so I don't really see the need to spend 1000+ on one. I'll save those for when I graduate.post #17774 of 3218510/3/12 at 6:15pmQuote:
Is that right? I always thought they were all in the same price bracket. Well, Suit Supply does seem to have more RTW patterns than most, perhaps you will find the right pattern for you there? Their sizing also seems to be more finely calibrated than many other RTW makers. What is your specific sizing problem anyway?post #17775 of 3218510/3/12 at 6:21pmQuote:
Can you show what's the right pocket should look like with for image comparison? I'm still confused even after some Google search. Thanks.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › NWT ISAIA windowpane plaid sport jacket EU52R 16 seconds ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 45 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 46 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 50 seconds ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 1 minute ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 2 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...