or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1185

post #17761 of 31071
I've been looking for another pair of double monk straps in a lighter colour than my Burgundy ones.
The top pair in the below picture are from Scarpe Di Bianco and are what I crave but they are a bit too much at the moment, and I wondered if you think the bottom pair are an equal substitute?
post #17762 of 31071
Quote:
Originally Posted by powenb View Post

The top pair in the below picture are from Scarpe Di Bianco and are what I crave but they are a bit too much at the moment, and I wondered if you think the bottom pair are an equal substitute?
Save up for a while longer, and get the shoes you really want. In the long run, you'll be happier doing that than you will be accepting a substitute.

(I would add that I'm not familiar with either of the pairs of shoes in question. My advice is based on general principle, and not on the specifics of the situation.)
post #17763 of 31071
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMarce21 View Post

Yes fully unlined jackets are uncanvassed.
An unlined jacket will sometimes still have a small amount of canvas down the front, underneath the facing, and will often have a wider facing than a lined jacket to accommodate this.
post #17764 of 31071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Is it possible to dry clean shirts too often? I live in a place where dry cleaning, even good dry cleaning, is very cheap (bad will cost you around a dollar per shirt, good around $2.50). Each shirt probably gets dry cleaned twice a month, worn once or twice before getting dry cleaned. I have about 12 shirts regular rotation (most cotton, a few linen).

Don't get them dry cleaned! The dry cleaning is bad for the cotton, and is completely unnecessary! just have them laundered and pressed, it's just as good and it will save the fibers of the shirt!

post #17765 of 31071
Quote:
Originally Posted by powenb View Post

I've been looking for another pair of double monk straps in a lighter colour than my Burgundy ones.
The top pair in the below picture are from Scarpe Di Bianco and are what I crave but they are a bit too much at the moment, and I wondered if you think the bottom pair are an equal substitute?

check out the meermin ones, http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2050 or the carmina's http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640219 or http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1414/Salinger-Double-Monk-Brown/Detail

post #17766 of 31071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post

An unlined jacket will sometimes still have a small amount of canvas down the front, underneath the facing, and will often have a wider facing than a lined jacket to accommodate this.

I think that's what I was saying with the 'partially' lined ones. 

post #17767 of 31071

Thanks for those.
The Carmina ones are nice but would like them to be more burnished.
I already have some nice Burgundy ones so wanted something a little different.
post #17768 of 31071

Hi there I am in the process of ordering custom made dress shirts, I wanted to know what is the ideal collar to wear when wearing no tie and no jacket? I dont like button down and i dont like spread collars for this...I generally wear white shirts...Thanks for the help

post #17769 of 31071
Looking for some affordable ($40-$60) nice dress slacks in a slim fit. Any suggestions?
post #17770 of 31071

I am also looking for something like this so far all i've found is jos a bank tailored fit dunno how slim they are and dunno the quality level...you might be able to get coupons with this not sure. Here is a link, I look forward to seeing other answers.
 

post #17771 of 31071
Where can I get wool Pantherella (or comparable brand) socks at the best price in London, online or offline?
post #17772 of 31071
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceK View Post

Hi there I am in the process of ordering custom made dress shirts, I wanted to know what is the ideal collar to wear when wearing no tie and no jacket? I dont like button down and i dont like spread collars for this...I generally wear white shirts...Thanks for the help

The two types you don't want are the SF favorites, but you can look into point collars or cut away collars...
post #17773 of 31071

Since finding suits in my size is so difficult I'm looking at some MTM stuff. Some that I came across are Indochino, My.Suit, Black Lapel, and Thick as Thieves. Any of these brands generally superior to the others? 

post #17774 of 31071
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonleb1 View Post

Since finding suits in my size is so difficult I'm looking at some MTM stuff. Some that I came across are Indochino, My.Suit, Black Lapel, and Thick as Thieves. Any of these brands generally superior to the others? 

I think the consensus is Suit Supply is the best value for money.
post #17775 of 31071
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonian View Post


I think the consensus is Suit Supply is the best value for money.

Their base rate for MTM is also almost 2x the price of the others. I'm a college student, I won't be wearing the suit too often so I don't really see the need to spend 1000+ on one. I'll save those for when I graduate. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)