I think you're right about the solid navy blue however, especially after seeing this blue one with the white shirt. I think I'm going to go check another store or two and see what I can find.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 6:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1181
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17702 of 3217310/1/12 at 11:06amQuote:Originally Posted by rms340
I use Wurkin Stiffs. Metal collar stays with magnets to hold your collars down. Here's a link: http://www.wurkinstiffs.comQuote:Originally Posted by Winston S.
I bought mine from Gilt Group and they are from Jan Leslie. They are about $20 for 6 pairs and are made of brass or stainless steel depending on which ones you get.
Thanks guys, I will look into these options.post #17703 of 3217310/1/12 at 11:06amThose ties are horrific. If you must wear a red tie, pair it with a light blue shirt. With a white shirt there is way too much contrast. The spotted red one is decent, but the other is cheap looking. If you must go with the white shirt the navy tie (while not great looking do to the sateen stripe) would be the better choice.post #17704 of 3217310/1/12 at 12:06pmpost #17705 of 3217310/1/12 at 12:10pmpost #17706 of 3217310/1/12 at 12:13pmQuote:
x2, I had thought DC Lewis supplied their shoes?
My only beef with the meermins is the last. Hiro fits me perfectly, New Rey is somewhat more narrow, but looks great. Probably should just size up.
Alright, one vote for the Meermins.post #17707 of 3217310/1/12 at 12:16pmpost #17708 of 3217310/1/12 at 12:18pmpost #17709 of 3217310/1/12 at 12:22pmpost #17710 of 3217310/1/12 at 12:23pmpost #17711 of 3217310/1/12 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Frankie22
Wang handgrade monks
Meermin LM dub monks:
Meermin and you can specify which last, colour, lining and many other for just a small upcharge!! No brainerpost #17712 of 3217310/1/12 at 12:26pmpost #17713 of 3217310/1/12 at 3:29pmpost #17714 of 3217310/1/12 at 4:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Those ties are horrific. If you must wear a red tie, pair it with a light blue shirt. With a white shirt there is way too much contrast. The spotted red one is decent, but the other is cheap looking. If you must go with the white shirt the navy tie (while not great looking do to the sateen stripe) would be the better choice.
+100post #17715 of 3217310/1/12 at 6:21pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 59 seconds ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 8 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 9 minutes ago
- › Los Angeles - Tuxedo Shopping 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...