hopefully nowhere that thing is fugly.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 4:32 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 12:36 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1179
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17672 of 310719/29/12 at 3:21pmpost #17673 of 310719/29/12 at 6:16pmpost #17674 of 310719/29/12 at 9:54pmpost #17675 of 310719/30/12 at 9:07ampost #17676 of 310719/30/12 at 11:19ampost #17677 of 310719/30/12 at 11:39amQuote:
Same as you would any other pair of nice leather shoes. Polish every 5 wears or so, condition every couple of polishes. Wax or cream doesn't matter that much, just none of those instant shines.post #17678 of 310719/30/12 at 2:43pmpost #17679 of 310719/30/12 at 6:07pmQuote:
Girls match, men coordinate.
Here are some alternative options with that tie:
Edited by clarksdb - 9/30/12 at 9:56pmpost #17680 of 310719/30/12 at 6:19pmpost #17681 of 310719/30/12 at 8:25pm
Can somebody elaborate on bias pipes with some images to compare bias and not-bias (?) pipes.
While reading over this thread, there was some discussion about bias pipes came up. Despos explained them in the following, but I am still confused.Quote:Pipes are the two strips of cloth that make the pocket. The fabric used for this on this suit are cut on the bias rather than with the grain line of the cloth. Looking at the jacket pockets and the back pockets on the trouser you will see the stripe in the cloth running in a diagonal direction rather than a straight horizontal line.
These are images from the original thread:post #17682 of 310719/30/12 at 9:27pmQuote:
A tweed jacket in a brown check?
Look wherever tweed jackets are sold in your area, a decent men's store should have a few different options. You're in New York, home of a huge fashion industry- pick out a menswear shop with a tweed jacket in the window. It's fall, they should all be showing off their cool weather stuff. Alternately, get one made to measure here. The member "tweedy" here also has a pretty huge selection of vintage tweed jackets, you could try private messaging him.post #17683 of 310719/30/12 at 9:34pmpost #17684 of 310719/30/12 at 9:50pmpost #17685 of 310719/30/12 at 9:55pmQuote:
just go 4 in hand, you'll have a lot more ease of dimple. 4 in hand is really my go-to I never tie anything other than that
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 12 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 14 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 16 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 17 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 17 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 19 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 21 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...