hopefully nowhere that thing is fugly.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 1:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 7:25 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1179
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17672 of 307139/29/12 at 3:21pmpost #17673 of 307139/29/12 at 6:16pmpost #17674 of 307139/29/12 at 9:54pmpost #17675 of 307139/30/12 at 9:07ampost #17676 of 307139/30/12 at 11:19ampost #17677 of 307139/30/12 at 11:39amQuote:
Same as you would any other pair of nice leather shoes. Polish every 5 wears or so, condition every couple of polishes. Wax or cream doesn't matter that much, just none of those instant shines.post #17678 of 307139/30/12 at 2:43pmpost #17679 of 307139/30/12 at 6:07pmQuote:
Girls match, men coordinate.
Here are some alternative options with that tie:
Edited by clarksdb - 9/30/12 at 9:56pmpost #17680 of 307139/30/12 at 6:19pmpost #17681 of 307139/30/12 at 8:25pm
Can somebody elaborate on bias pipes with some images to compare bias and not-bias (?) pipes.
While reading over this thread, there was some discussion about bias pipes came up. Despos explained them in the following, but I am still confused.Quote:Pipes are the two strips of cloth that make the pocket. The fabric used for this on this suit are cut on the bias rather than with the grain line of the cloth. Looking at the jacket pockets and the back pockets on the trouser you will see the stripe in the cloth running in a diagonal direction rather than a straight horizontal line.
These are images from the original thread:post #17682 of 307139/30/12 at 9:27pmQuote:
A tweed jacket in a brown check?
Look wherever tweed jackets are sold in your area, a decent men's store should have a few different options. You're in New York, home of a huge fashion industry- pick out a menswear shop with a tweed jacket in the window. It's fall, they should all be showing off their cool weather stuff. Alternately, get one made to measure here. The member "tweedy" here also has a pretty huge selection of vintage tweed jackets, you could try private messaging him.post #17683 of 307139/30/12 at 9:34pmpost #17684 of 307139/30/12 at 9:50pmpost #17685 of 307139/30/12 at 9:55pmQuote:
just go 4 in hand, you'll have a lot more ease of dimple. 4 in hand is really my go-to I never tie anything other than that
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 6 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › Cigars 16 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 18 minutes ago
- › BROOKS BROTHERS BLACK FLEECE White Blue Red Mens Casual Dress Shirt... 19 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 27 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 34 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan