Medium to dark, better yet charcoal for FW or a medium grey for SS
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 2:41 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1166post #17477 of 331979/15/12 at 5:38pmpost #17478 of 331979/15/12 at 6:11pmpost #17479 of 331979/15/12 at 6:27pmpost #17480 of 331979/15/12 at 7:03pmpost #17481 of 331979/15/12 at 7:15pmQuote:
It's a sleeker look to forego the belt. That said, I usually wear one because I like my belts!post #17482 of 331979/16/12 at 2:30ampost #17483 of 331979/16/12 at 6:44ampost #17484 of 331979/16/12 at 7:06ampost #17485 of 331979/16/12 at 7:08ampost #17486 of 331979/16/12 at 9:26am
I am considering having a new suit made, I am set on a three piece (with no lapels on the vest), however as all of my current suits are notch lapels, I was hoping to make the three-piece with a peak lapel. My issue is as an individual of smaller stature I have made all my current suits with narrow lapels (regular sized lapels look unusually large on me), approx. 2.25".
My question is, has anyone seen narrow peak lapels on a suit? And if so, I would appreciate someone positing some pics so that I can determine whether it would look odd on a suit.
Thanks SF brethren!
post #17487 of 331979/16/12 at 9:39ampost #17488 of 331979/16/12 at 12:19pm
Check TM Lewin out. I'm very happy with their suits. They're half canvased. From their current selection I would recommend the styles "Stephenson" and "Earlham". The cloth have a great feel. I purchased the Portobello and Brunel models also but didn't like the cloth as much.
I have a question of my own.
I intend to buy a overcoat and use a suit/Sport coat under. If the shoulder width (shoulder seam to shoulder seam) on my suits/SCs is 17,5-18,5", what should the shoulder width be on the overcoat?
Same thing goes for chest width, which is 19-20,5" on my suits/SCs. What should the chest width on the overcoat be?
I'm, of course speaking in general and am aware of that I wont get a exact scientific answer. I just need some rule of thumb to know what to search for at the Internet.
Thanks in advance.post #17489 of 331979/16/12 at 4:20pmpost #17490 of 331979/16/12 at 4:22pmQuote:
Definitely medium gray is a lot more versatile than charcoal but charcoal does have its place (with light-colored shirts).
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Where can I shop something like this? 19 seconds ago
- › New Tie - What to wear with it? 1 minute ago
- › NWT Caruso Sportcoat - 48EU (poss. runs large) - Wool/Alpaca blend 2 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › What is this called? 6 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway