or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1165

post #17461 of 30600
Just got this Borrelli shirt. It is a nice fine fabric but somewhat see . I don't wear jackets usually. What should I do? If I wear a white under shirt it will surely be visible underneath. Fit is OK. I'm planning on slimming it.

juMfT5cPJQGFM.jpg

jhXzIuFakNxlP.jpg
post #17462 of 30600
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Bateman View Post

Just got this Borrelli shirt. It is a nice fine fabric but somewhat see . I don't wear jackets usually. What should I do? If I wear a white under shirt it will surely be visible underneath. Fit is OK. I'm planning on slimming it. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
juMfT5cPJQGFM.jpg
jhXzIuFakNxlP.jpg

It's been recommended on here to wear grey shirts under shirts that are thin as they don't reflect light as much as white.
post #17463 of 30600
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Bateman View Post

Just got this Borrelli shirt. It is a nice fine fabric but somewhat see . I don't wear jackets usually. What should I do? If I wear a white under shirt it will surely be visible underneath. Fit is OK. I'm planning on slimming it.
juMfT5cPJQGFM.jpg
jhXzIuFakNxlP.jpg

Is there a uniqlo by you? Take a look at their Airism line. They are tight-fitting and come in a few different colors, including a beige that is likely very close to your skin tone.
post #17464 of 30600
^ Sweet thanks. Our uniqlo just opened.
post #17465 of 30600
post #17466 of 30600
post #17467 of 30600

I have a question about getting a little bold (ie colored pants):  is the best approach to just go by color swatches?  What do you guys recommend?

post #17468 of 30600

Anyone have any thoughts about suitability of suit patterns for interviews? Not so many plain options in my size in stock here, but there are some navy or charcoal options in sharkskin (would guess is okay), check (probably pushing it) and striped (probably not the best). I'm guessing window pane would also be next in the (in-)appropriateness scale.

post #17469 of 30600

who makes this tie (barney stinson)

hello,

i'm new in this forum, nice to meet you everybody.

 

i would like to know if someone knows who makes this tie ?

 

thanks in advance bye

post #17470 of 30600
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmills View Post

Anyone have any thoughts about suitability of suit patterns for interviews? Not so many plain options in my size in stock here, but there are some navy or charcoal options in sharkskin (would guess is okay), check (probably pushing it) and striped (probably not the best). I'm guessing window pane would also be next in the (in-)appropriateness scale.

A sharkskin, made from real wool (and not one of those garishly shiny polyester nightmares) counts as a texture in my book, not a pattern, and a subtle pinstripe would be a perfectly conservative and appropriate choice. Wouldn't recommend a check or windowpane though. On second thought though skip the sharkskin. Some are nice fabrics, others are garish as hell and wouldn't be appropriate. Usually the 100% wool is a nice indicator, but without seeing the actual fabric I wouldn't want you to wind up in something resembling a mirror.

Go with the subtle pinstripe if you can't find a solid navy or charcoal.
post #17471 of 30600
What do you think is the most versatile tie of the 2 below, given my suits are solid navy, herringbone navy or mid grey sharkskins. I have an olive complexion and dark brown hair smile.gif

Solid navy tie

Solid dark green tie.

I'm trying to buy better quality ties and starting with some basics, and have solid black and solid brown covered.
post #17472 of 30600
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post

What do you think is the most versatile tie of the 2 below, given my suits are solid navy, herringbone navy or mid grey sharkskins. I have an olive complexion and dark brown hair smile.gif
Solid navy tie
Solid dark green tie.
I'm trying to buy better quality ties and starting with some basics, and have solid black and solid brown covered.

Dark green tie since two of your suits are navy I would skip the navy tie. Not a fan of having too much of the same color. A solid green tie would work well with all of those suits with a white dress shirt.
post #17473 of 30600
Whats the most versatile color for first pair of trousers?
post #17474 of 30600
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Whats the most versatile color for first pair of trousers?

Gray.

post #17475 of 30600
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithR View Post

Gray.

Light, Medium, Dark, Charcoal?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)