Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 4:34 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Yesterday at 3:55 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1165post #17461 of 310719/12/12 at 10:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17462 of 310719/12/12 at 11:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by P. Bateman
Just got this Borrelli shirt. It is a nice fine fabric but somewhat see . I don't wear jackets usually. What should I do? If I wear a white under shirt it will surely be visible underneath. Fit is OK. I'm planning on slimming it. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's been recommended on here to wear grey shirts under shirts that are thin as they don't reflect light as much as white.post #17463 of 310719/13/12 at 3:56amQuote:
Is there a uniqlo by you? Take a look at their Airism line. They are tight-fitting and come in a few different colors, including a beige that is likely very close to your skin tone.post #17464 of 310719/13/12 at 6:18ampost #17465 of 310719/13/12 at 7:16pmpost #17466 of 310719/13/12 at 7:34pmpost #17467 of 310719/14/12 at 1:00ampost #17468 of 310719/14/12 at 9:42am
Anyone have any thoughts about suitability of suit patterns for interviews? Not so many plain options in my size in stock here, but there are some navy or charcoal options in sharkskin (would guess is okay), check (probably pushing it) and striped (probably not the best). I'm guessing window pane would also be next in the (in-)appropriateness scale.post #17469 of 310719/14/12 at 9:52ampost #17470 of 310719/14/12 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by jmills
Anyone have any thoughts about suitability of suit patterns for interviews? Not so many plain options in my size in stock here, but there are some navy or charcoal options in sharkskin (would guess is okay), check (probably pushing it) and striped (probably not the best). I'm guessing window pane would also be next in the (in-)appropriateness scale.
A sharkskin, made from real wool (and not one of those garishly shiny polyester nightmares) counts as a texture in my book, not a pattern, and a subtle pinstripe would be a perfectly conservative and appropriate choice. Wouldn't recommend a check or windowpane though. On second thought though skip the sharkskin. Some are nice fabrics, others are garish as hell and wouldn't be appropriate. Usually the 100% wool is a nice indicator, but without seeing the actual fabric I wouldn't want you to wind up in something resembling a mirror.
Go with the subtle pinstripe if you can't find a solid navy or charcoal.post #17471 of 310719/14/12 at 1:10pmWhat do you think is the most versatile tie of the 2 below, given my suits are solid navy, herringbone navy or mid grey sharkskins. I have an olive complexion and dark brown hair
Solid navy tie
Solid dark green tie.
I'm trying to buy better quality ties and starting with some basics, and have solid black and solid brown covered.post #17472 of 310719/14/12 at 2:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
What do you think is the most versatile tie of the 2 below, given my suits are solid navy, herringbone navy or mid grey sharkskins. I have an olive complexion and dark brown hair
Solid navy tie
Solid dark green tie.
I'm trying to buy better quality ties and starting with some basics, and have solid black and solid brown covered.
Dark green tie since two of your suits are navy I would skip the navy tie. Not a fan of having too much of the same color. A solid green tie would work well with all of those suits with a white dress shirt.post #17473 of 310719/14/12 at 5:57pmpost #17474 of 310719/14/12 at 6:30pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 6 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 19 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 24 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 29 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 38 minutes ago
- › Definitive Exotic Hide Identification Thread: Post your Hippo,... 41 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 41 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...