Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 8:52 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/25/15 at 8:33pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1149
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17222 of 311598/31/12 at 10:17am
Any guidance on what color tie / suit would go with this shirt?
It's a little darker and less versatile than I expected when I purchased. Not sure if it can safely be worn with a business suit. Thanks!post #17223 of 311598/31/12 at 10:28amQuote:Originally Posted by yls2012
Any guidance on what color tie / suit would go with this shirt?
It's a little darker and less versatile than I expected when I purchased. Not sure if it can safely be worn with a business suit. Thanks!
While not my favorite, I might like a black grenadine tie and a grey suit with it.post #17224 of 311598/31/12 at 11:03amQuote:
Several people in this thread have recommended BB Milanos. They're normally $90 but on sale for $39 right now (plus tax and shipping brings it closer to $50 or $55).post #17225 of 311598/31/12 at 12:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel
Here is an up close pic of the fabric in bright lighting, so that you can you can see the weave. It really looks darker, and the weave is barely noticeable and smooth:
The buttons are not that special, but they are solid black, and i don't care for them on an odd jacket:
As mentioned earlier, 3 roll 2, black jacket, side vents, besom flap pockets. Any suggestions on buttons? Or possibly a good place to buy jacket buttons online?
I would use regular dark horn buttons. The jacket has a real identity crisis because it is a twill weave, besom flaps that point to businesswear, yet it is black which makes it an outlier, and doesn't have trousers. With horn buttons it will look like an orphaned suit jacket, but it might look too "fashiony" or flashy, or tacky if you put like smoked MOP buttons on it. I wouldn't do anything flashier than smoked MOP, imo. If you do metal buttons it will look sort of military, or costumey. I wouldn't go there.post #17226 of 311598/31/12 at 2:06pm
Got a new tie and pocket square -- wondering if they are too "matchy"
I didn't match the pattern, but they are both red (veering towards purple) with yellow accents. The red is a little different in each (the square being a little "redder" than the tie)
Thoughts? I'm wearing this with a dark suit.
Thanks for any advice.post #17227 of 311598/31/12 at 6:15pmpost #17228 of 311598/31/12 at 6:21pmpost #17229 of 311598/31/12 at 6:22pmpost #17230 of 311598/31/12 at 9:20pmpost #17231 of 311598/31/12 at 9:27pmpost #17232 of 311598/31/12 at 10:38pmQuote:
Bill's Khakis is pretty good. M3 is their slim fit, while M2 is more traditional. I wear an M3 in my regular size (meaning, no need to size up or down for compensation). I think they're better built than Brooks' chinos.
If you Google around, you can find them for something like $115. A seller on Amazon is often having a sale on them at that price. Sometimes they go on Sierra Trading Post for something like $65 a pair.Quote:
Check Cordings, Pakeman, and Hoggs of Fife for traditionally cut models; Epaulet New York and Howard Yount for slim fits; and Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers as well. The last two - RL and BB - will have a range of models for different cuts.post #17233 of 311599/1/12 at 5:30pmpost #17234 of 311599/1/12 at 10:48pm
First time poster here.
Hello. Looking forward to reading and (sometimes) writing.
Here's my question:
What companies make the smallest men's clothes? In other words, what companies make an extra small that is EXTRA small? (For example, Banana Republic's extra small isn't very small.) The companies can be online only.
Thank you.post #17235 of 311599/1/12 at 10:55pm
I am looking to get a bespoke suit but I am a noob. I am willing to spend ~$500 and would like some guidance from the tailor (I know I want charcoal). It is important to me that there is someone guiding me through the process and I'd like to be measured (don't trust myself). I also work during the week so I would need to go on a weekend. There is no real rush, but I'd like to get measured as soon as possible. Any recommendations?
Thick as thieves is booked through october and proper suit seems a bit pricey.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Australian Members 30 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Why wear a wrist watch when you could easily consult your phone for... 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Peir Wu 12 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015