Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 9:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1149
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17222 of 317368/31/12 at 10:17am
Any guidance on what color tie / suit would go with this shirt?
It's a little darker and less versatile than I expected when I purchased. Not sure if it can safely be worn with a business suit. Thanks!post #17223 of 317368/31/12 at 10:28amQuote:Originally Posted by yls2012
Any guidance on what color tie / suit would go with this shirt?
It's a little darker and less versatile than I expected when I purchased. Not sure if it can safely be worn with a business suit. Thanks!
While not my favorite, I might like a black grenadine tie and a grey suit with it.post #17224 of 317368/31/12 at 11:03amQuote:
Several people in this thread have recommended BB Milanos. They're normally $90 but on sale for $39 right now (plus tax and shipping brings it closer to $50 or $55).post #17225 of 317368/31/12 at 12:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel
Here is an up close pic of the fabric in bright lighting, so that you can you can see the weave. It really looks darker, and the weave is barely noticeable and smooth:
The buttons are not that special, but they are solid black, and i don't care for them on an odd jacket:
As mentioned earlier, 3 roll 2, black jacket, side vents, besom flap pockets. Any suggestions on buttons? Or possibly a good place to buy jacket buttons online?
I would use regular dark horn buttons. The jacket has a real identity crisis because it is a twill weave, besom flaps that point to businesswear, yet it is black which makes it an outlier, and doesn't have trousers. With horn buttons it will look like an orphaned suit jacket, but it might look too "fashiony" or flashy, or tacky if you put like smoked MOP buttons on it. I wouldn't do anything flashier than smoked MOP, imo. If you do metal buttons it will look sort of military, or costumey. I wouldn't go there.post #17226 of 317368/31/12 at 2:06pm
Got a new tie and pocket square -- wondering if they are too "matchy"
I didn't match the pattern, but they are both red (veering towards purple) with yellow accents. The red is a little different in each (the square being a little "redder" than the tie)
Thoughts? I'm wearing this with a dark suit.
Thanks for any advice.post #17227 of 317368/31/12 at 6:15pmpost #17228 of 317368/31/12 at 6:21pmpost #17229 of 317368/31/12 at 6:22pmpost #17230 of 317368/31/12 at 9:20pmpost #17231 of 317368/31/12 at 9:27pmpost #17232 of 317368/31/12 at 10:38pmQuote:
Bill's Khakis is pretty good. M3 is their slim fit, while M2 is more traditional. I wear an M3 in my regular size (meaning, no need to size up or down for compensation). I think they're better built than Brooks' chinos.
If you Google around, you can find them for something like $115. A seller on Amazon is often having a sale on them at that price. Sometimes they go on Sierra Trading Post for something like $65 a pair.Quote:
Check Cordings, Pakeman, and Hoggs of Fife for traditionally cut models; Epaulet New York and Howard Yount for slim fits; and Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers as well. The last two - RL and BB - will have a range of models for different cuts.post #17233 of 317369/1/12 at 5:30pmpost #17234 of 317369/1/12 at 10:48pm
First time poster here.
Hello. Looking forward to reading and (sometimes) writing.
Here's my question:
What companies make the smallest men's clothes? In other words, what companies make an extra small that is EXTRA small? (For example, Banana Republic's extra small isn't very small.) The companies can be online only.
Thank you.post #17235 of 317369/1/12 at 10:55pm
I am looking to get a bespoke suit but I am a noob. I am willing to spend ~$500 and would like some guidance from the tailor (I know I want charcoal). It is important to me that there is someone guiding me through the process and I'd like to be measured (don't trust myself). I also work during the week so I would need to go on a weekend. There is no real rush, but I'd like to get measured as soon as possible. Any recommendations?
Thick as thieves is booked through october and proper suit seems a bit pricey.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 13 minutes ago
- › EG Bedford Ripstop Olive Large Brand New 14 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 21 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 24 minutes ago
- › The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread 31 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 35 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 36 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories