or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1145

post #17161 of 33064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

well yes, but the plant that I am referring to looks like a mini tree, and I believe people "groom" the tree as well.

Bonsai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollotrader View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

well yes, but the plant that I am referring to looks like a mini tree, and I believe people "groom" the tree as well.


Bonsai?


yes. must be.

YES!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #17162 of 33064
I want a pair of AE Dalton's in walnut. I think they would look great with jeans. Maybe with some grey wool trousers as well. Idk though. What do you guys think just how much can I dress them up?
post #17163 of 33064
Please PM me with your thoughts!
post #17164 of 33064
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgomez1992 View Post

I want a pair of AE Dalton's in walnut. I think they would look great with jeans. Maybe with some grey wool trousers as well. Idk though. What do you guys think just how much can I dress them up?

Get black blutchers. Shoes are not supposed to look great or draw any attention to you.

post #17165 of 33064
Quote:
Originally Posted by irust View Post

Quick question - what would be a good suit to buy as a college student of limited means? Thinking something in the <700 range that would be very slim fitting (I'm quite a skinny guy, 5'11 140lbs). I'm thinking something in a similar shape to APC suits...

 

Suit Supply could be a good option for you, esp. if you are near a store.  If not, I'm pretty sure they do free returns over the mail!

post #17166 of 33064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker Man View Post

Get black blutchers. Shoes are not supposed to look great or draw any attention to you.

 

Please refrain from saying stupid things like this.

post #17167 of 33064

I've been updating my wardrobe over the past 6 months and a lot of what I wear on a daily basis is dress shirt + chinos as I work in a very casual tech company. I've recently come to the realization that instead of all these cotton chinos that I've been acquiring, perhaps I should look into a few pairs of good wool trousers (I am thinking of getting Epaulet trousers) as they would crease less and be more presentable.

 

Why do so many of you prefer wearing wool trousers over cotton chinos in a business casual setting?

 

 

What sucks is that I probably have about 12 or so cotton chinos and I'm not sure what do with them if I start replacing my wardrobe with wool pants.

post #17168 of 33064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker Man View Post

Get black blutchers. Shoes are not supposed to look great or draw any attention to you.

You must be joking, man.
post #17169 of 33064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker Man View Post

Shoes are not supposed to look great or draw any attention to you.

 

puzzled.gif

post #17170 of 33064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

Does anyone know which vendor partner is offering those suede and calf Balmoral boots being offered at a special launch price starting in September?
I can't remember who it is. It's not the Wang.

I think it was Grenson or Sargent for The Armoury but I can't locate the thread.
post #17171 of 33064
Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post

I think it was Grenson or Sargent for The Armoury but I can't locate the thread.

a fine pair of shoes? shoot dsmivtr a pm. he's the man for such things.
post #17172 of 33064
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

I've been updating my wardrobe over the past 6 months and a lot of what I wear on a daily basis is dress shirt + chinos as I work in a very casual tech company. I've recently come to the realization that instead of all these cotton chinos that I've been acquiring, perhaps I should look into a few pairs of good wool trousers (I am thinking of getting Epaulet trousers) as they would crease less and be more presentable.

Why do so many of you prefer wearing wool trousers over cotton chinos in a business casual setting?


What sucks is that I probably have about 12 or so cotton chinos and I'm not sure what do with them if I start replacing my wardrobe with wool pants.

I don't think you have to replace any of them, but make sure they fit you well, for example Brooks Brothers Milano chinos seem to be cut well.

Wool trousers last longer than chinos and have a more polished look, and as you allude to they are a tad bit dressier. In my opinion wool trousers with a dress shirt is a horrible look on its own. I wouldnt switch to wool trousers unless you plan on getting some oxford cloth button down collar shirts and some sport coats. Wool trousers and a dress shirt screams cell phone salesman to me.
post #17173 of 33064
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw82 View Post

I just snagged a pair of Bill's Khakis in the Cramerton cloth (heavyweight) from MyHabit for $69: http://www.myhabit.com/#page=d&dept=men&sale=A3BZ9EORDBGSVE&asin=B008OXCJI6&cAsin=B008OXCK1M&ref=qd_b_img_d_5

Thoughts on this purchase?  I'm not sure whether this is the M1, M2, or M3 fit.  Also, I'm concerned that these might be too heavy for year-round wear in Texas.  Would my money be better spent on a couple pair of Dockers or something else?

Bump.
post #17174 of 33064
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw82 View Post

Bump.

My thought is that you could stop bumping and wait until you have these in hand. Then you can read the inner label to determine which cut they are and you can judge for yourself whether the weight of the fabric is suitable for year round wear in Texas. You are uniquely qualified to answer these questions for yourself.
post #17175 of 33064
Money is never well spent on Dockers. I am not sure what you are going for though... It sounds like you want somebody to justify $70 pants for you, the only person who can say if they are worth it is you. As I said in my other post above a lot of people like Brooks Brothers Milano cut chinos, however I haven't worn them myself.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)