Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 10:40 am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:03 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1133
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16982 of 303698/22/12 at 10:53ampost #16983 of 303698/22/12 at 10:54ampost #16984 of 303698/22/12 at 10:55ampost #16985 of 303698/22/12 at 11:01amQuote:
You asked for opinion, I gave it. Not going to change it.
Brioni makes plenty of tacky looking ties. Marinella and Drakes, not so much.post #16986 of 303698/22/12 at 11:04amQuote:
I wasn't suggesting you should change your opinion; I was asking about those of others. As I mentioned I'm grateful for your input, which as you correctly observe I did solicit.post #16987 of 303698/22/12 at 11:36amQuote:
I don't think the tie is cheap-looking or unfit for wearing, but if I had a choice of Brioni ties, I would probably choose one with a more subdued pattern. The biggest problem with your shirt is its more casual pattern. Swapping that shirt out for a solid would significantly improve the combination.post #16988 of 303698/22/12 at 11:49ampost #16989 of 303698/22/12 at 11:50amQuote:
Too much going on. Windowpane jacket + multi-check shirt + diamond grid/pattern tie, just too busy.
I'd like the tie a lot better without the diagonal lines, but it's not awful. Just doesn't work there.
Also agree with others that the shirt is too casual.post #16990 of 303698/22/12 at 11:57amThanks all. If anyone has suggestions for a different shirt or different shirt/tie combo, I would appreciate it. (I did up wearing a white spread collar shirt with this suit a month ago when I went to a different wedding and wanted to try something a little different this time, but as jrd points out that is certainly an easy option.)post #16991 of 303698/22/12 at 12:13pmpost #16992 of 303698/22/12 at 12:26pmI did consider a light blue shirt, and may still go that direction. Maybe I should mention that although this is a wedding the dress code will not be particularly formal -- likely lots of mid-late 20s people with maybe half of the men even wearing suits -- so I don't necessarily feel like going for something a little funner/bolder would be frowned upon (though I acknowledge there's a big difference between bold and overly busy.)
edit: Maybe I should also add that the ceremony will be outdoors (in SF.)post #16993 of 303698/22/12 at 12:43pmpost #16994 of 303698/22/12 at 1:00pm
Hey there. I am looking to buy new shoes. I currently have what I show you on the picture here.
I want to expand, preferrably with a pair of suede oxfords or suede chukka/desert boots. The color is the only thing that's stopping me from a decision. What would be more versatile, grey or dark brown?
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 5 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 5 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 7 minutes ago
- › SW&D Suits and Blazers CHALLENGE Thread 13/Mar/15 - 30/Mar/15 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...