Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 6:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 1:55 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1133
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16982 of 307368/22/12 at 10:53ampost #16983 of 307368/22/12 at 10:54ampost #16984 of 307368/22/12 at 10:55ampost #16985 of 307368/22/12 at 11:01amQuote:
You asked for opinion, I gave it. Not going to change it.
Brioni makes plenty of tacky looking ties. Marinella and Drakes, not so much.post #16986 of 307368/22/12 at 11:04amQuote:
I wasn't suggesting you should change your opinion; I was asking about those of others. As I mentioned I'm grateful for your input, which as you correctly observe I did solicit.post #16987 of 307368/22/12 at 11:36amQuote:
I don't think the tie is cheap-looking or unfit for wearing, but if I had a choice of Brioni ties, I would probably choose one with a more subdued pattern. The biggest problem with your shirt is its more casual pattern. Swapping that shirt out for a solid would significantly improve the combination.post #16988 of 307368/22/12 at 11:49ampost #16989 of 307368/22/12 at 11:50amQuote:
Too much going on. Windowpane jacket + multi-check shirt + diamond grid/pattern tie, just too busy.
I'd like the tie a lot better without the diagonal lines, but it's not awful. Just doesn't work there.
Also agree with others that the shirt is too casual.post #16990 of 307368/22/12 at 11:57amThanks all. If anyone has suggestions for a different shirt or different shirt/tie combo, I would appreciate it. (I did up wearing a white spread collar shirt with this suit a month ago when I went to a different wedding and wanted to try something a little different this time, but as jrd points out that is certainly an easy option.)post #16991 of 307368/22/12 at 12:13pmpost #16992 of 307368/22/12 at 12:26pmI did consider a light blue shirt, and may still go that direction. Maybe I should mention that although this is a wedding the dress code will not be particularly formal -- likely lots of mid-late 20s people with maybe half of the men even wearing suits -- so I don't necessarily feel like going for something a little funner/bolder would be frowned upon (though I acknowledge there's a big difference between bold and overly busy.)
edit: Maybe I should also add that the ceremony will be outdoors (in SF.)post #16993 of 307368/22/12 at 12:43pmpost #16994 of 307368/22/12 at 1:00pm
Hey there. I am looking to buy new shoes. I currently have what I show you on the picture here.
I want to expand, preferrably with a pair of suede oxfords or suede chukka/desert boots. The color is the only thing that's stopping me from a decision. What would be more versatile, grey or dark brown?
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Australian Members 55 seconds ago
- › ***the Epicurean knits thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 4 minutes ago
- › aimee eye lift serum That are useful for 7 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 9 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 10 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 14 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 19 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan