Hello I am Jay H. from South Florida. I am interested in learning about excellent work / dress garments that I can purchase locally. I have been wearing Swiss and Italian Zegna. I have a good tailor however good canvassed suits and sport coats are increasingly difficult to find. Zegna suits are now 2495 to 2895 USD. Also Neiman Marcus only carries the slim Milano series and I need Roma. I am learning more about what a proper fit looks like and jacket construction however I am finding it difficult to find new items to purchase. Any advice would be appreciated.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 9:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 5/23/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 8:21 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1132
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16967 of 307258/21/12 at 11:06pm
Bumping this.Quote:Originally Posted by diglett
What are the guidelines (if any) for wearing leather with leather? I have some leather boots that I'd like to wear with navy chinos this Autumn, but I don't know what to wear for a jacket. I have one in leather, but don't know if it can be worn with the boots:
I might pick up a khaki field jacket, which I think would look great with the boots and navy chinos, but I'm just wondering if I'll need it.post #16968 of 307258/21/12 at 11:40pmpost #16969 of 307258/22/12 at 4:48ampost #16970 of 307258/22/12 at 4:54ampost #16971 of 307258/22/12 at 4:54ampost #16972 of 307258/22/12 at 6:10amQuote:
used car salesmanpost #16973 of 307258/22/12 at 6:17amQuote:Originally Posted by jbernard
I don't understand why some people are saying 'no'. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I think it depends on your preferences. In the last 3 years this color has been worn with just about everything except black suits. A style that has made its way even into very conservative workplaces. If you are a modern dresser you should be able to pull it off. Especially with the light gray (as long as its not a super light gray with black mix)
You should not wear them to a job interview or very formal occasion. But when you already have the job and are at less formal events but prefer wearing a suit or dress pants you can definitely do it.
because, it is so since decades. why lower your standards, when they are already lowered by the society? after all, this is styleforum. capiche?post #16974 of 307258/22/12 at 6:45amQuote:Originally Posted by dah328
Properly-fitted trousers with double pleats are perfectly fine. Double pleats on trousers have gotten a bad rap because they are so often poorly fitted. When that's the case, the pleats are pulled open and the entire waistline looks like a mass of crumpled fabric. When they're properly fitted, they hang straight and closed and few people would even notice their presence.
I have several pairs of chinos and dress pants from "before" that look like MC Hammer pants on me. On the other hand, I purchased 6 suits and a Tuxedo from a member on the other forum - all are pleated. They all look fantastic because the cut works for me and I'm wearing them properly. I think bad looking pleats are usually a COMBINATION of poor cut/fit and the wearer wearing them below where they're supposed to be worn. When someone tells me their pants are "too baggy in the crotch," it usually means they're wearing pants that were MEANT to be worn at or near the natural waist. . . .down around their hips.post #16975 of 307258/22/12 at 9:07amQuote:Originally Posted by fritzlQuote:
used car salesman
Is there some part of that you find difficult to understand?post #16976 of 307258/22/12 at 9:09ampost #16977 of 307258/22/12 at 9:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Makoto Chan
You don't need to think too hard about matching the color of your shoes with your jacket. I think those would be fine together. In general, you would try to match browns with browns, black with black, but it's just not a big deal and nothing that would wreck one particular day's outfit.
Ah, okay. I was worried about the orange hued leather clashing with the brown hue of the jacket, but I'm glad that it won't be an issue. Thanks!post #16978 of 307258/22/12 at 10:05ampost #16979 of 307258/22/12 at 10:43amOkay I'm basically a SW&D guy, so be gentle. I need to put together an outfit for a wedding I'm attending, and I'm wondering if this shirt is too casual / doesn't work with the suit? I like the colors/patterns, but does the fact that it's button down, or the cloth (oxford) make it too casual? Thank you for your input.post #16980 of 307258/22/12 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by whiskeybeard
Okay I'm basically a SW&D guy, so be gentle. I need to put together an outfit for a wedding I'm attending, and I'm wondering if this shirt is too casual / doesn't work with the suit? I like the colors/patterns, but does the fact that it's button down, or the cloth (oxford) make it too casual? Thank you for your input.
A button down is informal. Should not be wearing it to a wedding.
Burn the tie. Buy a solid tie or pindot tie to wear with that suit and a white semi spread collar
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 18 seconds ago
- › So, I got a job at Men's Wearhouse 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 8 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan