Hello I am Jay H. from South Florida. I am interested in learning about excellent work / dress garments that I can purchase locally. I have been wearing Swiss and Italian Zegna. I have a good tailor however good canvassed suits and sport coats are increasingly difficult to find. Zegna suits are now 2495 to 2895 USD. Also Neiman Marcus only carries the slim Milano series and I need Roma. I am learning more about what a proper fit looks like and jacket construction however I am finding it difficult to find new items to purchase. Any advice would be appreciated.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 9:11 am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 10:36 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:00 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: Yesterday
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1132
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16967 of 303708/21/12 at 11:06pm
Bumping this.Quote:Originally Posted by diglett
What are the guidelines (if any) for wearing leather with leather? I have some leather boots that I'd like to wear with navy chinos this Autumn, but I don't know what to wear for a jacket. I have one in leather, but don't know if it can be worn with the boots:
I might pick up a khaki field jacket, which I think would look great with the boots and navy chinos, but I'm just wondering if I'll need it.post #16968 of 303708/21/12 at 11:40pmpost #16969 of 303708/22/12 at 4:48ampost #16970 of 303708/22/12 at 4:54ampost #16971 of 303708/22/12 at 4:54ampost #16972 of 303708/22/12 at 6:10amQuote:
used car salesmanpost #16973 of 303708/22/12 at 6:17amQuote:Originally Posted by jbernard
I don't understand why some people are saying 'no'. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I think it depends on your preferences. In the last 3 years this color has been worn with just about everything except black suits. A style that has made its way even into very conservative workplaces. If you are a modern dresser you should be able to pull it off. Especially with the light gray (as long as its not a super light gray with black mix)
You should not wear them to a job interview or very formal occasion. But when you already have the job and are at less formal events but prefer wearing a suit or dress pants you can definitely do it.
because, it is so since decades. why lower your standards, when they are already lowered by the society? after all, this is styleforum. capiche?post #16974 of 303708/22/12 at 6:45amQuote:Originally Posted by dah328
Properly-fitted trousers with double pleats are perfectly fine. Double pleats on trousers have gotten a bad rap because they are so often poorly fitted. When that's the case, the pleats are pulled open and the entire waistline looks like a mass of crumpled fabric. When they're properly fitted, they hang straight and closed and few people would even notice their presence.
I have several pairs of chinos and dress pants from "before" that look like MC Hammer pants on me. On the other hand, I purchased 6 suits and a Tuxedo from a member on the other forum - all are pleated. They all look fantastic because the cut works for me and I'm wearing them properly. I think bad looking pleats are usually a COMBINATION of poor cut/fit and the wearer wearing them below where they're supposed to be worn. When someone tells me their pants are "too baggy in the crotch," it usually means they're wearing pants that were MEANT to be worn at or near the natural waist. . . .down around their hips.post #16975 of 303708/22/12 at 9:07amQuote:Originally Posted by fritzlQuote:
used car salesman
Is there some part of that you find difficult to understand?post #16976 of 303708/22/12 at 9:09ampost #16977 of 303708/22/12 at 9:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Makoto Chan
You don't need to think too hard about matching the color of your shoes with your jacket. I think those would be fine together. In general, you would try to match browns with browns, black with black, but it's just not a big deal and nothing that would wreck one particular day's outfit.
Ah, okay. I was worried about the orange hued leather clashing with the brown hue of the jacket, but I'm glad that it won't be an issue. Thanks!post #16978 of 303708/22/12 at 10:05ampost #16979 of 303708/22/12 at 10:43amOkay I'm basically a SW&D guy, so be gentle. I need to put together an outfit for a wedding I'm attending, and I'm wondering if this shirt is too casual / doesn't work with the suit? I like the colors/patterns, but does the fact that it's button down, or the cloth (oxford) make it too casual? Thank you for your input.post #16980 of 303708/22/12 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by whiskeybeard
Okay I'm basically a SW&D guy, so be gentle. I need to put together an outfit for a wedding I'm attending, and I'm wondering if this shirt is too casual / doesn't work with the suit? I like the colors/patterns, but does the fact that it's button down, or the cloth (oxford) make it too casual? Thank you for your input.
A button down is informal. Should not be wearing it to a wedding.
Burn the tie. Buy a solid tie or pindot tie to wear with that suit and a white semi spread collar
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 7 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Vastrm Fashion - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...