Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 6:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1128post #16906 of 321738/20/12 at 2:25pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16907 of 321738/20/12 at 2:47pmpost #16908 of 321738/20/12 at 3:18pm
sorry posted a new thread then saw this, I apologize. My question is darker shade of brown or tan/lighter brown shoes with this suit.
As well as any other suggestions to dress shirt color besides light blue and purple. Thankspost #16909 of 321738/20/12 at 4:25pmpost #16910 of 321738/20/12 at 4:35pmpost #16911 of 321738/20/12 at 6:32pm
My question is about PRL Custom-Fit Dress Shirts. I'm looking for something that isn't too long that I can wear untucked cleanly with jeans, the only time I can stand the look of a dress shirt tucked into jeans is when I'm wearing layers. But I also want the versatility to be able to tuck the shirt in and throw a tie on. The PRL website says that the custom-fit is "Cut closer to the body, with shorter front and back hems", but how much shorter?!
I know the typical solution to this is buy a "sports shirt," the problem I encounter with that is the medium fits me perfectly in everywhere besides the neck(in every brand, not just RL), almost all sport shirts at 15-15 1/2 neck side at medium and I'm a 16. I swim in a large.
I don't suit up very often, and dress casual the rest of the time. That being said I need as much flexibility with my wardrobe as I can get, you know money and all. It would be very nice to be able to find a coupIe shirts that could fit both bills or jeans and slightly dressed up. I wouldn't mind any brand recommendations to fit me needs either! I live near Jackson Premium Outlets in NJ and have RL, J Crew, Brooks Brothers(even their slim shirts are quite baggy), Banana Republic, Gap, Tommy Hilfiger and a few others at my immediate disposal to make up for lack of funds.
This might help,
I'm 5'9, 42" chest, 32" waist.
Thanks you!post #16912 of 321738/20/12 at 6:48pmpost #16913 of 321738/20/12 at 7:03pmpost #16914 of 321738/20/12 at 7:29pmpost #16915 of 321738/20/12 at 7:54pmpost #16916 of 321738/20/12 at 8:20pmpost #16917 of 321738/20/12 at 10:00pmpost #16918 of 321738/20/12 at 10:38pmpost #16919 of 321738/20/12 at 11:06pmQuote:
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 15 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...