or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1127

post #16891 of 30160
If I'm typically a 39L or 40L in jackets and need to get the sleeves shortened by about an inch on average, is there any way to fit into a 40R and have the sleeves lengthened? Too vague of a question?

I own a few BB Fitz jackets which fit me the traditional way in length.

I have my eye on some 40R Samuelsohn's that I can get at a great price but it's online w/ no refunds.

I've been trying to find a store around me that would carry one so I can see how the length of the jacket is, but no luck yet. Anyone have any idea if it's a futile effort? I wouldn't mind if the jackets was slightly shorter but I don't want it to look ultra trendy like a Brooks Black Fleece jacket.
post #16892 of 30160
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHunter View Post

I just got a pair of C&J westbournes. They seem to fit well, but unlike my Allen Edmonds they've been tearing up my heels. It seems like this is just because they're new and still a bit stiff, but is there anything I should do to mitigate the blistering while I break them in?

Be very careful. You may have Haglund's Deformity, like I do. I too purchased two pairs of C&J Westbournes a few months ago during the Barneys sale. And like you, I own many pairs of AE which do not bother my heels. However, the C&J Westbournes do bother my heel, and I have worn them enough where I'm not sure if they will loosen up or soften. To mitigate this risk I purchased a pair of Dr Scholl's heel cups to alter the position of the heel.

I suggest you do more research on Haglund's deformity to see if that's the underlying reason for your pain. Blisters are NOT the same as Haglund's, and Haglund's is a serious condition that can lead to surgery if you aren't careful with your feet. I learned this the hard way, and had to sell many pairs of shoes that aggravated my heels, since I did not want to go the surgery route. Find a last that works (for me it's the #8 last on AEs) and then make sure all your shoes fit just like that. It can be hard to do, and this is why I am in the same predicament you are in, because the C&J Westbournes felt great in the store when only wearing them for a couple min, but over a few days of wear I could feel that heel pain start to flare up.
post #16893 of 30160
Any idea of where to get one like this?

The pic is from the Pitti Uomo GQ shots taken in Florence (I think so).

May be it is bespoke but could be any of you know something about this SC (shooting jacket)

I have been looking for it but no luck, any clue about where to find one???







Thanks in advance
post #16894 of 30160

 

 

Thoughts/suggestions/advice on this combination?

I originally had a white shirt but it was too schoolboy-ish.

 

I know, it's a bad photo.

post #16895 of 30160

I apologize if this has been asked here.

 

It looks like people would rather purchase 5 or 10 or 20 different types of suits before they even considered buying a black suit. So my question is, when is it correct to wear a black suit? Are there any situations where is may not be preferred (over charcoal or something similar), but still acceptable?

 

Marsh

post #16896 of 30160
It is preferred for funerals. It can also be acceptable for evening/club wear. I was interviewing job applicants recently though, and 8 out of 10 of the men wore black suits. Didn't hire any of them. marchal.gif Not for that reason though. happy.gif
post #16897 of 30160
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post

If I'm typically a 39L or 40L in jackets and need to get the sleeves shortened by about an inch on average, is there any way to fit into a 40R and have the sleeves lengthened? Too vague of a question?
I own a few BB Fitz jackets which fit me the traditional way in length.
I have my eye on some 40R Samuelsohn's that I can get at a great price but it's online w/ no refunds.
I've been trying to find a store around me that would carry one so I can see how the length of the jacket is, but no luck yet. Anyone have any idea if it's a futile effort? I wouldn't mind if the jackets was slightly shorter but I don't want it to look ultra trendy like a Brooks Black Fleece jacket.

If a Long fits you well, a Regular would generally be too short. Were measurements provided?
post #16898 of 30160
Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post

If a Long fits you well, a Regular would generally be too short. Were measurements provided?

Sleeves are 25.5 (The BB Fitz I bought started at 26.5 and got shortened so I think I'm ok so far ...)

Jacket length was stated as 30.5

I tried to find the measurements for the Fitz online and couldn't find this part.
post #16899 of 30160
Why don't you measure the Fitz yourself? If they are 30.5 from BOC (bottom of the collar), I highly doubt that the Samuelsohns will fit you.
post #16900 of 30160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmk3891 View Post


Anybody have suggestions?

 

If it were me I would get the sleeves shortened just a little bit. And get it tapered a little bit more. Other than that it seems like a good fit. I would suggest getting it pressed or steam it before you go to the tailor. The sleeves will be worth it as it's a pretty cheap alteration with the non-working cuffs. The tapering would probably be more expensive.

post #16901 of 30160
Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post

Why don't you measure the Fitz yourself? If they are 30.5 from BOC (bottom of the collar), I highly doubt that the Samuelsohns will fit you.

Yeah, I will tonight once I get a tape measure and leave work. I saw a 40L in the B&S forum listed as 32.25" in length so I'm sure that you're correct and it won't fit.
post #16902 of 30160
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post


Yeah, I will tonight once I get a tape measure and leave work. I saw a 40L in the B&S forum listed as 32.25" in length so I'm sure that you're correct and it won't fit.

It's not just the length that is the issue.  I'm barely a long and have tried to fit into some R's to see how they fit.  The length of the jacket and the sleeves are one issue, but I find the biggest issue for me is that the buttoning point ends up too high and the jacket's fit looks off.  This is what I would be wary about in buying on-line.

post #16903 of 30160

Would Saphire Creme Pommadier dark brown be a good match (color wise) for a pair of C&J Hallam dark brown burnished calf?

post #16904 of 30160
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

It's not just the length that is the issue.  I'm barely a long and have tried to fit into some R's to see how they fit.  The length of the jacket and the sleeves are one issue, but I find the biggest issue for me is that the buttoning point ends up too high and the jacket's fit looks off.  This is what I would be wary about in buying on-line.

Makes perfect sense. I think it was seeing a few great deals out there that clouded my judgment and made me want to find any way possible that it could fit. Thanks for the responses.
post #16905 of 30160

I'm getting a MTM shirt at LS Men's Clothing which is know for making "American" cut suits.

 

Since it's MTM should I have to worry about getting an American cut or will it be slim enough to contour to my body?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)